Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista tool to make it seem like XP

• 29-01-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭

Heard rumours of something that makes Vista more use-friendly. Is this a pipedream, or can anyone shed some light? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Heard rumours of something that makes Vista more use-friendly. Is this a pipedream, or can anyone shed some light? :pac:

i know there is a theme you can download that will make all the icons, background, and some of the menus, but you cant replace things like cpl files (control panel programs) with 3rd party ones and get all the ms ones to stand back, so that all your settings can now be in the same place as xp

best just to get used to the new layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I have Vista Start Menu, but it only applies to the Start Menu.

Happy enough with that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

With a bit of tweaking you could easily get Vista behave more like XP.

Advertisement