Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Worst Films Thread Closed???

Options
  • 30-01-2009 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Recently, the 10 Worst Films thread was closed.

Can I ask why?? The thread was one of the most popular in the Film forum, and had generated 471 replies, with 18,533 views. There were some good bouts of discussion going on in there, and it was a thread that was kept clean, and everyone was seeming to enjoy.

However, it was recently just closed by a mod, despite its popularity, whose reason was that he deemed it as a "train wreck".

???

Link to the thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055388652&page=32

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You may be better off PMing Karl Hungus about this as he closed it but based on his closing comment it seems he felt the thread had run its course.

Obviously as the thread starter you've got an interest in it but if you take a look at the charter of the Films board, the Film board mods actively discourage (as in prohibit) "best of / worst of" lists as they explain in the charter. Based on that, the thread lasted rather longer than you might have expected anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

sceptre wrote: »
    You may be better off PMing Karl Hungus about this as he closed it but based on his closing comment it seems he felt the thread had run its course.

A lot of people disagree that this thread had run its course, as can be seen from the amount of people posting on it. Just because he had grown tired of it doesn't mean the rest of us had...

A lot of people disagree that this thread had run its course, as can be seen from the amount of people posting on it. Just because he had grown tired of it doesn't mean the rest of us had...
    Well, it's still against the rules of the forum I'm afraid (reasons stated in the rules for that, I've linked to it above) - I'm actually quite surprised it lasted that long.

Obviously you're disappointed because you started the thread but the lock was always going to happen on that one with the rules on list threads.
    Just because he had grown tired of it doesn't mean the rest of us had...
    I'm after taking a good look at the last few pages of that thread and it's strongly veered toward people just insulting each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

sceptre wrote: »
    I'm after taking a good look at the last few pages of that thread and it's strongly veered toward people just insulting each other.

So ban these people. Don't just close a thread that a lot of people were getting some good discussion out of...

That's always an option of course. However, it's still against the rules of the forum in the first place (see link above, also contains explanation why the rule is there)

• Advertisement
Advertisement