Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post of today/thanks list considerations

Options
  • 30-01-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

As I sit perplexed over missing post of the day by 1 thank you, even though I tirelessly watched and "manifested" for it since the post, two very important questions come to mind as regards the whole p.o.d. system:

1) Why do you even give a shìt?

Yeah well, its all about bragging rights.

You see if I had got it I could totally pull an A1 rate boards.ie chat up line with the ladies - "Yeah and sometimes I go onto this internet discussion site, and talk loads with these cool guys (we call each other boardsies - its so swell) and we talk about loads of cool things, and there was this one time when I made this really cool post, and all the cool guys thought it was the coolest thing ever, so it was chosen as the coolest post of the day out of like, thousands of other cool posts." In my mind the women are drooling....

2) Does the thank you ratings list and the post of the day include Feedback posts?

During the day as a watched the thank you goes up (I didnt think I would even make the list, it was a genuine rant) I could not track my post on the thank you filter on the front page. Instead I had to track it through the RSS feed which is cached once an hour (or manually count when desperate :)). I was wondering that even if I did exceed AlmightyCushions thanks (and I was drawing at one point!!!!!) would I even get post of the day on account of it being in feedback??

Just a thought. Just thought id see what yee cool people think of it. :p
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Hey I actually DREW with Almightycushion on 21 each. This is a travesty!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

turgon wrote: »
    I was wondering that even if I did exceed AlmightyCushions thanks (and I was drawing at one point!!!!!) would I even get post of the day on account of it being in feedback??

No but it has nothing to do with feedback just the fact that I am cooler than you. :D

Seriously though, CuLT made it so that some forums don't show up on the front page. He must have made it so that some forum posts don't show up for the thanks list either. I imagine those forums won't show up for post of the day either even if they are top.

No but it has nothing to do with feedback just the fact that I am cooler than you. :D

I was thinking of some witty retort to that, but Im sure the whole sitting on you thing has been done hundreds of time.

You just cant fight with a CMod with 16 thousands posts, can you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You just cant fight with a CMod with 16 thousands posts, can you?

You could quite easily actually. Just stay away from my fingers, they're dangerously fast and strong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

even though I tirelessly watched and "manifested" for it since the post.

Stop reading "The Secret". Somebody else probably read it better.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I got post of the day once.
    I'm Captain Awesome though.

If you go into the thanks filter on the front page El Stuntman is on top, but go into the thanks RSS feed and its me. Maybe CuLT doesnt know???

The question is Julep: has the honour of your post of the day been negated by the disgrace of that animal of a picture? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

El Stuntman has the current top thanked post.
    If it stays that way, then he will have post of the day tomorrow.

Don't know what the deal is with the rss feed though. I'm sure someone else can answer that.

As for the picture, well, **** it. It was for charity.

julep wrote: »
    As for the picture, well, **** it. It was for charity.

Im aware, I was only messing, it a funny shot! If only the kids getting all the presents knew the methods by which the funding was raised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hey I actually DREW with Almightycushion on 21 each. This is a travesty!

Where's the post? Quick?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement