Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to raise threat, greatly?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Aye i know what you mean about the shockwave, if its trash groups i usually jut change stance and pop retaliation and spam shockwave. I'd still like that shield though :) Problem is now there arn't any big upgrades left for me that ill see a noticible difference with Maybe the legs perhaps but thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

seriously there are some horror stories from all sides in wow, no class is immune to having complete eejits in it.

Oh yeah, every class has people who don't know what they're doing, that goes without saying.
    Anti wrote: »
    Aye i know what you mean about the shockwave, if its trash groups i usually jut change stance and pop retaliation and spam shockwave. I'd still like that shield though :) Problem is now there arn't any big upgrades left for me that ill see a noticible difference with Maybe the legs perhaps but thats about it.

I know what you mean there, I just got the biggest upgrade possible a couple of days ago, Last Laugh.

flexrr8.jpg

I'm still in need of a top end shield, hopefully the one from patchwerk, but I haven't had any luck with those. Never even seen any shield drops from Patch, Kel or Maly. There's a few bits and pieces left that could be a small upgrade, but on the whole, I'm just after a shield now.

If you want something to aim for, get a trinket collection. It sounds excessive, but I carry around 7 different trinkets with me at all times, and I've got more in my bank. I see you're using the defense trinket from Naxx 10, what I would suggest there is making sure you're over 540 without trinkets, and ditching it. That way you can swap around trinkets without having to worry about being crit immune, and you get a huge degree of functionality from all of them.

For example, when fighting Patchwerk, I will use Defender's Code and Valor Medal of the First War, and stagger the cooldowns so I have a high amount of dodge over the course of the fight. One of the best ones in my collection is Darkmoon Card: Greatness, which is the only trinket you'll ever want for threat, the proc rate is massive, 33% uptime or +190 strength over 45 secs. It's expensive, but well worth it. If you're already using Lavanthor's Talisman, then you'll have ridiculous amounts of block value with the Darkmoon Card.

Ive actually passed on the defenders code many times now as i dont see a use for it, i would like that card though. And i know what you mean about trinkets as i do carry around quite a few. Without the def trinket i can get 535 def in this gear, but i dont really want to drop parry or stam gems to get a def gem :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ive actually passed on the defenders code many times now as i dont see a use for it,

Ah, don't knock it. There's a couple of boss fights where I'll use it, the fact that it doesn't share a cooldown with the Valor Medal means you get a huge amount of use out of it, and 850 armor isn't to be sniffed at when you've got to take a hateful strike on the chin. Use in a rotation like Trinket 1 > Shield Block > Trinket 2 > Shield Block, and you can be avoiding/mitigating more than usual. If it crops up again, I'd say you should definitely take it.
    i would like that card though.

Yeah, it's definitely a fantastic trinket. The thing is you have to know a scribe or twelve, and even then it can be hard to get because it's a random card each time. That, or shell out a hell of a lot of gold.

Heh, just did a quick 25man maly to pass the time and low and behold the 25man tanking legs drop ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

grats lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SandwichNSushi

New to this site. Great to know lots ppls play WoW in Ireland .

Tried to quit wow twice. The second time lasted 1 year. Now Im back. lvl70 mage, nearly full T7.5 set. (just need the helm):)

Advertisement