Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is the 'believer'?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

Oh iamhunted... look what you got yourself into... i dont see any of these psychics that are winning the socalled "battle" against the sceptics on boards comin to help you out.... poor guy, all your beliefs melted before your very eyes. Haw haw haw i am so ****ing happy!!!!!!!!!!

iamhunted wrote: »
    I could get ignorant but why bother.

Get checked out man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

jim o doom wrote: »
    No actually, that is your argument. You are the one continually deciding how you believe people in the forum, or skeptics in general are thinking. What your purpose in this is I surely don't understand
    God .... where to begin.

Right so Im telling people what they beleive in now? I ask someone if they believe that paranormal researchers believe in something and you tell me "o actually, that is your argument." Christ, make some sense please.
    You are putting words in other posters mouths, and then making an argument against what you seem to think they feel.. other posters have made salient points, which you have ignored & continued on with your bizarre argument - once again continually making assumptions and broad sweeping generalisations to tar a group of people.

The whole argument is YOUR argument, everyone here is just trying to rationalise with a clearly IRRATIONAL person.

Care to point out where Ive been doing all this? putting words in peoples mouths for example. Ignoring the points people have raised? where have I done these things? I asked a simple question - where have I been making "assumptions and broad sweeping generalisations to tar a group of people."

Are we reading the same thread or is it "i cant argue so I'll throw some mud around"?

Ryanzo wrote: »
    Oh iamhunted... look what you got yourself into... i dont see any of these psychics that are winning the socalled "battle" against the sceptics on boards comin to help you out.... poor guy, all your beliefs melted before your very eyes. Haw haw haw i am so ****ing happy!!!!!!!!!!

good for you. beliefs melted? what beliefs and who melted them? Basically what are you talking about sir as you arent making much sense to me. I have yet to read one properly argued skeptic point on this forum. Its all 'oh noes mediumz are faked' - except for mr dev when he was on (he actually made sense).
    Get checked out man.

why 'man'? because Im not guillible enough to join the gang?

..why 'man'?...

If your not a man then what are you? A ghost?

What gang are you talking about?

• Advertisement

you know, the cool 'lets try and slag iamhunted off on the skeptics board but fail miserably' gang. You're obviously the leader.
    If your not a man then what are you? A ghost?

I was referring to you as in asking 'why, man?'

How am I meant to have an intelligent debate with you when I have to explain things like that?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Youre easily pleased. Got anything constructive to add, or are you just here to heckle?
    Oryx - No, we arent talking about someone not believing in something, we're talking about people who believe something doesnt exist. if ye's are going to get pedantic, then so can I.
    I wasnt trying to be pedantic. I didnt understand what you were asking. I get you feel that sceptics in general, and the ones on this forum in particular, will not consider the even remotest possibility that anything paranormal exists. And I also am subject to the mocking tone inflicted here sometimes, so I sympathise with your frustration. But my point was, that the only way to change someones mind is to pick a specific area, test it, and produce results that can be replicated by these selfsame sceptics. Arguing the semantics of the word 'believe' on this forum will get you nowhere but angry.

Go into the thread that started this one and come back an tell me if i have anything constructive to add. I believe you and iamhunted were the ones who began this whole arguement.

iamhunted:im not a leader of any gang.

get checked out 'man'.

Edit: thanks for the compliment about being cool and all.

Skeptics per se are people who have an open mind - they wont back something but they wont block it either until they can get more definitive information. On here though, the skeptics are much more like cynics where indeed they dont seem to believe anything that science at present doesnt agree with.

This thread itself is all about the definition of the word believe as the skeptics (as defined by this forum) tend to say they dont 'believe' in anything, but they are quite adement that they believe the paranormal to be crap. I find that a contradiction and when i call it, i get this pedantic quiverings about how people cant believe when theres a lack of belief. I say people are just looking at one side of the mirror there - if you dont subscribe to a belief you still have a belief system as youve chosen something not to believe in ... its the other side of the coin.

Personally though I tire of wasting my time in here as the quality of debate is horrendus.

Ryanzo - you should try the ignore button, its amazing.

Go into the thread that started this one and come back an tell me if i have anything constructive to add. I believe you and iamhunted were the ones who began this whole arguement.
    I did? Really? First, which thread, second how did I start it with him? We disagree on most points. :)

Id have a lot more time for ya if you thought not to jeer.

• Advertisement

iamhunted were the ones who began this whole arguement.

i 'believe' thats a bit obvious as I started the thread. Im going to wait until someone makes an intelligent post before i reply again.

Oryx: point taken and absorbed, i see where your coming from.

iamhunted: ...hmm... *coughs abruptly* .. LOS*R!!!

you may well be but you shouldnt be telling everyone.

you may well be but you shouldnt be telling everyone.
    If ye both want to abuse each other, try Yahoo chat. Cos if I want to see b!tches, Ill go to a dog show. Id much rather see an actual discussion.

Oh this is fun.

I know you are but what am I?

Thought i was on your ignore list? you must really enjoy me to have changed your mind.

touche - considering Im obviously not on your list either.

Anyway - back to the topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Yes - the discussion has slowly moved towards insults, and put-down comments. Even though I agree with every insult that iamhunted recieved, and hope he get's a lot more; Realistically, we should just debate the topic...which I "believe" to be a pointless one.

The claim that I am a skeptic and therefore have a belief system is laughable. The absence of evidence lies with the belief in something and not the belief it doesn't exist.

iamhunted; Even IF it were a belief system (which for not one second do I believe it is), who cares? It doesn't affect the idea that paranormal exists nor is it a point in your favour. What's the point in disputing a "WORD"...you know what we mean when we say it and that's that...get over it.

touche - considering Im obviously not on your list either.

Never said i was gona put u on mine little boy

Advertisement