Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSP V BJ

Options
  • 30-01-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Its not too long now to this superfight. who are you picking?

Who's going to get the "W" saturday night? 21 votes

BJ
    0% 0 votes
    GSP
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I hoping GSP will prove me wrong but I have to go with BJ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I will continue to back and forward on this one. But I have to favour GSP just due the size difference between both.

I'm jumpin off the fence and goin for BJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭testing_times

Its so hard to call - I just really hope we have a goof fight. Would hate for an early knock out or submission.
    This fight really needs to go 3 rounds +
    At the start I was GSP all the way, but after watching the UFC Primetime shows I just don't know.
    BJ comes across as a bit of a smart arse but you just cant deny the fact that he is deadly .... but so is GSP.
    Please jebus, if your out there, pleeeaaassse give us a quality 3+ rounds brawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I want BJ to win, but I think GSP will take it.

As far as a 3+ round goes. I think Penn will lose if he cant finish GSP before the 3rd minute of the third round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭testing_times

I know what your saying, BJ's conditioning has always been questioned but I think he will be in far better shape this time round. any man they gets into the cage with GSP without having super cardio deserves to get beat.

GSP's striking and knockout power has increased so that is another factor to consider, BJ gets tired and gets knocked out.

KO - 3rd round :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

GSP by striking clinic. KO second round

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

GSP to win,BJ takes a 5 day holiday in the middle of his training camp which may set him back a bit.Watched that primetime series and GSP looks the sh1t and hes got a great training camp with nate marquardt etc.Then again GSP has a suspect chin and BJs striking has greatly improved.Defo wont be putting my mortgage on ths one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

davmol wrote: »
    GSP to win,BJ takes a 5 day holiday in the middle of his training camp which may set him back a bit.Watched that primetime series and GSP looks the sh1t and hes got a great training camp with nate marquardt etc.

Dont judge fights based on reality TV.

GSP by striking clinic. KO second round

I actually think BJ is the better striker. Lst time they fought he busted him up bad. GSP is a front foot striker. When put on the back foot he's been exposed (BJ last time and Serra). The only problem is lately when people try to put him on the back foot (Fitch and Serra the second time) he just takes them down.

It comes down IMO to BJ's takedown defence.

But in a pure striking battle I'd favour BJ myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I like the way BJ broke it down

I am paraphrasing here
    "I am a boxer, he is a kickboxer, I am a Jiu-Jitsu guy, hes a wrestler."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

BJ to win by total fcking destruction. Hopefully a pounding followed by a RNC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

BJ ko win round 2. could go the other way but i cant see gsp standing with BJ for too long.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

GSP will weather the storm and win R3.

Although I can't see GSP KOing BJ or submitting him... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Just watched the 3rd primetime episode there. They're really building it up well.
    I'm just hoping for an awesome fight but I feel BJ will take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

GSP for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

My money's on GSP!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

You know when you watch a UFC event and you like both fighters and you want a great fight no matter who wins?

Well Fook that.... I like both fighters but a GSP loss would have me punching the walls (plasterboard of course). I support GSP like I support a football team. It doesn't matter what way they win as long as they win. Thats what I want from this fight. First minute, first round, TKO. And get the hell out of dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

GSP will get the 'W'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking forward to this. I think GSP will take the decision again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Penn by submission rd, 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

BJ will gas and yet again we will have to delay our final judgement of his true potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

This has been the very question that i've tried to avoid all week!!!I think GSP will take the victory in the later rounds.

UFCs primetime show has made Penn to be the lazy "bad guy" who wants the win without putting in the hard work. If anyone out there thinks that BJ has been doing nothing but going on vacation and sitting around,think again.What im looking forward to most is seeing these two have one hell of a fight,possibly one of the best in MMA history.Whoever gets the win will have definitely earnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

GSP BY GNP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

GSP - KO by Head Kick - 2nd Round

Watched the primetime shows, just don't think BJ will be able for GSP.
    He's a smart arse but he's always like that before fights.
    I also thought he was looking worried near the end :eek:
    I'd say it'll be Dana giving him a slap in the head when he see's him for his comment on 'checkin up on me/my training, I'll slap you'.......all good TV though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hope GSP..Think GSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Both fighters are awesome. All my logic keeps saying GSP due to his size & conditioning but my gut says BJ by submission in late rd 2 or early rd 3!
    Hopefully this lives up to it's potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

GSP seems to be in better condition and level headed so I'm going with him on this one. But hey this mma it could really could go anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

BJ via RNC : Round 2

You'll see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

GSP UD :)

Advertisement