Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rickson Gracie

• 30-01-2009 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

What an animal of a human being. What ya think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Me twin brother met roycen (sp) a few years ago. Supposed to be some nob head. Roycen not me brother. Dont know much about Rickson.

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

huh?

Wrong thread bud. BJJ fighter fella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Rickson fought in japan back in the day AFAIK Remember watching some of his fights with my dad on vhs.... Hasn't fought since his son disappeared and died right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He thinks he can beat Fedor. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Finally watched Choke there a while back, very good doc.
    My money's on Rickson in that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Tim_Murphy wrote: »

Strangely enough mine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Strangely enough mine too.

Why? I'm not disagreeing, just asking your reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Killme00 wrote: »
    Why? I'm not disagreeing, just asking your reasons.

Same

Especially when he is 50 and not an active MMA fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

All the Gracie that are known to compete are knobs. They think no one can beat them. Does any one know Matt Hughes??? Hence the term "Tap or snap". The Gracie believe it is a dishonour to tap out in competition. I have trained with some of them and there skill is amazing. Great teachers. The respect I got while training was great. But I got the feeling that some of them thought I was beneath them as I was training with them and learning from them.

rovert wrote: »

Really? I remember discussing the tactics one should use to beat him, but I can't recall Rickson claiming he'd beat him.

donmaga1 wrote: »
    All the Gracie that are known to compete are knobs. They think no one can beat them. Does any one know Matt Hughes??? Hence the term "Tap or snap". The Gracie believe it is a dishonour to tap out in competition. I have trained with some of them and there skill is amazing. Great teachers. The respect I got while training was great. But I got the feeling that some of them thought I was beneath them as I was training with them and learning from them.

Who did you train with?

This looks a tap to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ASonA9t6c

Hi dude

I was working in the state's for 4 years and met guys that trained at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance. I was in the old place. Going back in 3 months to get my black belt.

I studyed under Royler for about a year and then I had my friend and mentor Rener. Who is yunger than me.:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

Anybody smell that?

Hi dude

I was working in the state's for 4 years and met guys that trained at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance. I was in the old place. Going back in 3 months to get my black belt.

I studyed under Royler for about a year and then I had my friend and mentor Rener. Who is yunger than me.:o:o:o

Are you here in Ireland? Train much/anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Hi dude

Are you joking?

I lived in the states for about 4 years and did BJJ 3-5 days a week..... If you do that much training at anything you get good. Even like you non believers you can get good at been a keyboard jockey in that time. Going back to the states for work in 3 months going to be there for about a year or so with work. So in total it will about 5 years training in BJJ.

Where do I train!!! I have not looked into training in Ireland so. If any one has any good gyms, academies, that do BJJ or Judo. Not interested in training MMA.

Smell that.

If i thought I had something to prove I would post pic's of me training in LA.

5 years to black belt in Gracie Torrance would be record-breakingly fast. What belt do you have now?

If you're in Dublin,check these links:
    http://kevinly.yore.ma/judoclubs.html
    http://kevinly.yore.ma/mmaclubs.html - all the mma clubs do some grappling, many with the gi.

If you're elsewhere I'm sure someone can help you out.

• Advertisement

BJ Penn got a black belt in 2 years, i think. it takes 5-7 years for a black belt. So I hope to have it done with in a year of moving back. I have been back in ireland about a year so. I have not been training cause life busy. So i don't include my time here as I am not training.

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. Working in Dublin at the moment.

BJ Penn got a black belt in 2 years, i think. it takes 5-7 years for a black belt. So I hope to have it done with in a year of moving back. I have been back in ireland about a year so. I have not been training cause life busy. So i don't include my time here as I am not training.

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. Working in Dublin at the moment.

Honestly I wont believe you untill you show us some proof or call up to SBG in walkinstown or any other club for that matter.Im not calling you a liar,its just a bit suspicious considering theres only 1 BB in Ireland and 2 Browns

I am no Irish. I am originally from Brazil.

Where in Walkinstown is club??? I have no problem calling down to train. As long as every one is cool I will enjoy it.

I will PM you before I call down and if you are there I can show you pic of me in Torrance.

Oh well then,Brazilians are born great haha.

You definatly should call down.Its on the Long Mile road(at the market).We have a great blackbelt,John Kavanagh,who teaches the classes and a good few high level Purple belts.The Website is:
    http://www.sbgireland.mfbiz.com/#/mainmenu/4526308661

Sorry Lads to go OT

Scent of bull

Well if you smell Bull my friend. I suggest you wipe your self down, or get a nappy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Brown belt after 4 years 3-5 times a week sounds reasonable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zenboy

the lad is stuffing us,royler has his academy in brazil ,doesnt teach in the US at all,plus its a very long time since he had anything to do with rorian.If your living in dublin that long I find it less than credible that one of the highest grades in the country doesnt even know of any bjj clubs.

As above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭spiral

Lads all the gracies teach seminars in the US thats where the money is. I missed a couple of royler seminars in LA when I was there. The guy I trained with was a black belt under one of Roylers black belts. All reports were that he was very approachable and friendly and that his love of jits was obvious and infectious.

Advertisement