Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you the girl who last night...

Options
  • 30-01-2009 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

...stood on the bow of the Celtic Voyager in the early hours of this morning with coat and hair flapping in the wind á la Titanic ("I'm King of the World") while friend took photo of you?

If so, thank you so much for giving me my laugh of the week.

It was truly hilarious.

K.

PS how did you get up through security? Or was there none?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Naughty.

You'd want to be careful doing that kind of craic, as there are cameras all over the docks. The dock security would call the guards and get you arrested in no time.

It happended to a friend of mine years ago mincing around the docks late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A friend of mine was arrested doing a Titanic on Celtic Explorer 4 years ago.
    Fined 50 Euro or similar in court.

biko wrote: »
    A friend of mine was arrested doing a Titanic on Celtic Explorer 4 years ago.
    Fined 50 Euro or similar in court.

Its probably not very wise to be messing around the docks when drunk with the risk of falling in etc.

But to bring someone to court for a bit of harmless messing is a disgrace and an awful waste of the courts time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, she's the type to get up to things like this thought.
    She said the worst part wasn't the arrest or the fine, it was when the entire court laughed at her when the Garda told the judge what happened :D

If she would have apologised there and then on the docks they would probably just have let her go. But she didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Its probably not very wise to be messing around the docks when drunk with the risk of falling in etc.

But to bring someone to court for a bit of harmless messing is a disgrace and an awful waste of the courts time imo.

I don't agree with it being harmless in the slightest although I wouldn't like to see anyone get in too much bother over it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I don't agree with it being harmless in the slightest although I wouldn't like to see anyone get in too much bother over it either.

The law is the law, there is a lot of very expensive equipment on that vessel. It is trespass after all. I wonder what the headlines would be if she had fallen in and drowned. There have been cases where seasoned seafarers have drowned after falling in when returning to their boats after a night out.

vulcan57 wrote: »
    The law is the law, there is a lot of very expensive equipment on that vessel. It is trespass after all. I wonder what the headlines would be if she had fallen in and drowned. There have been cases where seasoned seafarers have drowned after falling in when returning to their boats after a night out.

I agree with you, I do not think it is harmless fun in the slightest. On the other hand the vessels should be properly secured ffs. There is no excuse for boarding these vessels, but then again there is no excuse for people being ABLE to board them. It's only a matter of time before there's an accident.

For an island, an awful lot of people are completely clueless when it comes to the dangers of water.

As I said in my post it is not wise to be up to divilment around the docks. The harmless fun was more referring to the particular incident were the person just wanted to a titanic(why I do not know) and didnt get hurt(in this incident). She should have got a good lecture and be sent on her way and I'm sure she would avoid the docks in future rather than have to go to court etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

biko wrote: »
    Yeah, she's the type to get up to things like this thought.
    She said the worst part wasn't the arrest or the fine, it was when the entire court laughed at her when the Garda told the judge what happened :D

If she would have apologised there and then on the docks they would probably just have let her go. But she didn't.
    stubborn women eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Lighten up guys ;) Sounds like it was just a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Any chance it might have been a crew member extracting the urine?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The marine science faculty are a rowdy bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

dafunk wrote: »
    Lighten up guys ;) Sounds like it was just a bit of fun.

Boy racers consider hairing up and down the dual carriageways as a 'just a bit of fun' and stand a chance of killing themselves and other road users. People do a lot of very dangerous and stupid things when drink is involved, and put it down to 'just a bit of fun' not thinking of the consequences if it all goes wrong. If it was during the day, and they asked permission, then that would be ok, and the crew would be there on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Nobody is going to miss some retarded bird who hangs off the front off a ship. Let her off

Caliden wrote: »
    Nobody is going to miss some retarded bird who hangs off the front off a ship. Let her off

I think that's a bit harsh, were you ever young? Ever do anything a bit stupid and daft?

We all have, I think that is why the general consensus here is that although it was a foolish (and stupid) act that's all it was.

As for your comments I can only assume you don't have any sisters or indeed you yourself have never done anything daft or stupid when beered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Used to live beside the Docks a couple of years back and went onto the Celtic Explorer one night after a few too many pints. Even brought on some deckchairs that we had found to sit on on the deck. Paddywagon turned up after a few minutes and told us to **** off! After hearing that someone was sent to court for this, I feel pretty lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Caliden wrote: »

She might have a father and mother who'd miss her. Maybe some brothers and sisters. Possibly friends too.

That said, there is a slight "evolution in action" aspect to actions like hers. Though it's not always wise to point that out when something tragic has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jamey wrote: »
    Used to live beside the Docks a couple of years back and went onto the Celtic Explorer one night after a few too many pints. Even brought on some deckchairs that we had found to sit on on the deck. Paddywagon turned up after a few minutes and told us to **** off! After hearing that someone was sent to court for this, I feel pretty lucky!

In fairness to the cops, Id say this kinda thing happens regular enough but the usually let the people off with a warning. Its the clowns who argue back with them and refuse to see sense that end up in court.

What the girl was doing was breaking the law, this "harmless fun" is all well and good till she breaks her leg getting on or off the boat then sues the state.....or worse she falls off and drowns.....

c'mon guys. The PC brigade isnt watching, its ok to admit it. You wouldve loved to have seen the bint fall off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think that's a bit harsh, were you ever young?
    Yes
    Ever do anything a bit stupid and daft?
    No
    We all have, I think that is why the general consensus here is that although it was a foolish (and stupid) act that's all it was.
    It was a dangerous act and I think she should be locked up
    As for your comments I can only assume you don't have any sisters
    I do
    or indeed you yourself have never done anything daft or stupid when beered up.
    Once again, never.

• Advertisement

Fine multi quote skills there Drake, damn fine.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

DRakE wrote: »
    Yes
    No

It was a dangerous act and I think she should be locked up

I do

Once again, never.

Sounds like you had a boring and sad childhood....I bet you have a cat

Advertisement