Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilderness in Athlone?

Options
  • 30-01-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,
    Im looking to find some very, very secluded area in or around athlone.

Sorry that sounds more suspicious than it needs be!

It's for a camping idea myself and a few friends are planning. We want to find somewhere very overgrown.
    Preferably public property but if it's all overgrown and private that will do too. We're very repectful of nature and obviously wouldnt leave any damage/rubbish behind us.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Havent been to any of these places in over 10 years so dunno ownership etc but ...

Moydrum Forest
    Greenwood
    Nuns Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hare Island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i wudnt camp in Moydrum if i were you
    it can be very dangerous there at night:eek:
    some of the islands could be some crack of somewhere up in coosan:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

Can I suggest the new Athlone town centre.Its really quiet there,you wont be disturbed and you wont seen another soul from mornin to nite.

Moydrum dangerous? thats a new one on me.Are there some wild animals out there that we should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

martin1 wrote: »
    Can I suggest the new Athlone town centre.Its really quiet there,you wont be disturbed and you wont seen another soul from mornin to nite.

Moydrum dangerous? thats a new one on me.Are there some wild animals out there that we should know about?

What he said......or bozos.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

martin1 wrote: »

Yes mink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

down beyond burgess park (meadows), no 1 near gentex , only messing

coosan or out around ballykerran, or summerhill area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Greenwood is your best bet, just walk the shore from the yatch club for about a mile or two untill you get to the little cottage out there, lovely little sandy bay perfect for swinnign and a lot of little clearings in the woods there but not accessable by road unless you ask the farmer who owns the lads can you go across his feild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

If you go out the Moate road, take the right to Birr, take a right in Ballynahown and drive on out, it gets very secluded. That area is quiet, seen a bit of camping around there.
    d

Advertisement