Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players on your own team(s) you don't like?

• 30-01-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Just because they play for your team does not mean you have to love them. Some you will dislike

Mine are:
    Cork City : Denis Behan and Danny Murphy. I don't rate either of them and cannot understand why the fans love them, certainly the latter. No one likes Behan

Leyton Orient: Stephen Purches, Sean Thornton and Paul Terry. Purches and Terry anre both just useless, and Thornton is one of the great wastes of talent in football today.

Barcelona: Alexander Hleb. Most over rated fraud in world football. I cringe when I see him starting. Being found out for what he is at Barca as well. Hopefully he will be on his way out to some second rate team elsewhere at the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

David Crawley.

Limited player, who I am convinced only gets game time in the LoI because he is a left footer.

A hoof merchant, who's only "trick" is a diagonal ball from the left full position, to the right wing.

He's back at Shels after a few years at his hometown club, Dundalk, and I was cringing inside when he signed back.

That said, he has just won promotion with Dundalk, and his style fo play could well be very effective in the First Division.

All of that though would have paled into insignificance if close season rumours of us signing Robbie Doyle proved to be true. I hate people who boo their own players, but if he had signed for us, I would have abused him as I always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Drogheda utd (last season when we had players): Paul keegan and joe kendrick. Kendrick couldnt defend to save his life and keegan was brutal he took every single free kick and he was brutal at them, never ever hit the target.

Liverpool:dossena for the same reason as joe kendrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

With Newcastle there's so many I don't know where to start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kinaldo wrote: »
    With Newcastle there's so many I don't know where to start...

Barton is probably a good place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

Des wrote: »
    Barton is probably a good place...

lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Man u: Sorry but Gary Neville gets on my nerves and Nani is shi**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

no current players.

Luke Chadwick used to cause me physical pain.

Neil Webb

Rio's attitude annoys me but I don't dislike him as a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Gary Neville, imo shouldnt be near starting 11. ok we have injuries but, i cant stand him. plus he seems like a proper arse with an attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Man u: Sorry but Gary Neville gets on my nerves and Nani is shi**

Yeah, whatever about Nani's ability, he just seems like a c*nt.

I don't think there's anyone else I really dislike. Obviously Ronaldo is a prick, but he's good enough for me to forgive him (until he moves to Real).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shamrock Rovers: I wouldn't say dislike exactly, but Ricer got on my nerves a bit last year, even if there were two of them (Scully) in it. Ndo, partly for the fact he's so lackadaisical, but probably mostly bitterness because Rovers can't keep him.

Manchester United: Mostly Ronaldo, but sometimes Nani too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Ronaldo.. great player but the way he goes on does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Liverpool-Babel, Robbie Keane & Pennant (still techincally ours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Manchester United:

1) Im not a big fan of Neville either, purely cas of that nacka tasha :)
    2) Nani is frustrating
    3) Rio is a bit of a clown
    4) Ronaldo is a tit

all great players bar Nani imo

Bohemians

1) O Donnell, the man just cant play midfield at all
    2) Jason Byrne, form goes up and down like a yoyo on steroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lucas Leiva.

I'd rather sit down and watch an abortion take place, as opposed to see him in a red jersey. Every time he plays for Liverpool, it makes baby Jesus cry.

Berbatovs lazy attitude on the pitch REALLY ANNOYS ME. when i see Tevez sitting on the bench i think, where is the justice in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gary Neville, imo shouldnt be near starting 11. ok we have injuries but, i cant stand him. plus he seems like a proper arse with an attitude.

Gary Neville is returning to his old self

so dont know where your getting that crap about Neville not being in the starting 11

your entitled to your opinan about the Gary himself but you shouldnt comment to his on field display

Gary Neville is returning to his old self

so dont know where your getting that crap about Neville not being in the starting 11

your entitled to your opinan about the Gary himself but you shouldnt comment to his on field display

id have rafael,wes brown even john o shea in ahead of him. Hes slow, gives the ball away far to much. gets caught out of position, gives away easy free kicks.

Have to say I don't get how any United fan could disparage GN. I can see why rival fans hate him, but not United fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Tomasz Kuszczak

I just don't think he is very good at all, hardly plays but has made some costly **** ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Berbatovs lazy attitude on the pitch REALLY ANNOYS ME. when i see Tevez sitting on the bench i think, where is the justice in that.

08/09 Goals:

Ronaldo - 13

Berbatov - 12

Rooney - 11

Tevez - 10

It's a tough choice to make

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Have to say I don't get how any United fan could disparage GN. I can see why rival fans hate him, but not United fans.

Well im a Utd fan and i hate CR aswell.

Leader of men. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Snap. Tevez was IMO one of Utd's top players last year. I think if one must be sacrificed for the other, then Berbatov should be that one. However, the fact that they paid 30mil on him, means that I think Tevez will be sacrificed. Its certainly not fair on Tevez, skillful, scores goals, and works harder than 'anyone'. For attitude alone, he's my fav player on the Utd team.

any particular reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fizman wrote: »
    Lucas Leiva.
    I'd rather sit down and watch an abortion take place.

:eek: thats rough man, fcuking rough!

I can see why even fans of his own team would dislike CR - I do - but I never get it with Neville. Great servant to the club, great pro; loyal, and a local lad/fan. Disliked by rival fans for the very same reasons.

Your call though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rio is trying to be keane, so is neville to a extent :)

if rio grabbed my head and locked his with mine everytime i scored i would seriously tell him to fo

id have rafael,wes brown even john o shea in ahead of him. Hes slow, gives the ball away far to much. gets caught out of position, gives away easy free kicks.
    where do i start
    Raf is going to be a superb player but he's too young at the moment and he's defending needs a little improvement

Brown was only in the squad last season because Neville was injured
    Yes Brown was excellent but he's not a leader on the pitch

and OShea is a left back mate,he's a versatile player but he's alot better on the left

I dont disparage GN at all

im a big fan

he really loves the club and wears his heart on his sleeve

i remember his celebration against pool. Just shows how much he loves the club

it would be very hard to find a player like GN that love their club as much as him
    imo will be a legend at utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Fizman wrote: »
    Lucas Leiva.

I'd rather sit down and watch an abortion take place, as opposed to see him in a red jersey. Every time he plays for Liverpool, it makes baby Jesus cry.
    I laughed when I read that! I'm not even a pool fan and I agree

• Advertisement

I dont disparage GN at all

Sorry man, I originally quoted you, but was actually agreeing with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No current issues but in the past

Craig Bellamy
    Barry Ferguson

and most of all

Paul Dickov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is this thread about players that you dont rate? or players you dont like as a person?

if its the later, i dont see wat Lucas has ever done, fair enough if you dont rate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Whichever, but mainly the type of player you just dont like for whatever reason.

GN went down in my estimations for this...im not sure if he ment to or not..... but to not shake PS hand like this is a disgrace.

GN went down in my estimations for this...im not sure if he ment to or not..... but to not shake PS hand like this is a disgrace.

He went up in mine.

He put the club before himself, he's a very good friend of the big man's.

• Advertisement

it is the Manchester derby after all

It wasnt right but its a very big match

where do i start
    Raf is going to be a superb player but he's too young at the moment and he's defending needs a little improvement

Brown was only in the squad last season because Neville was injured
    Yes Brown was excellent but he's not a leader on the pitch

and OShea is a left back mate,he's a versatile player but he's alot better on the left

im aware o shea is a left back mate, thanks for that. But i stand by what i said. Brown was excellent last year is right.
    And the only reason Gary N is back in the team is because brown is injured at the mo.....
    Surely GN is the only man in the world who is the club captain that cant make the starting 11, and il admit that must say alot for his leadership and attitude on the pitch, but in terms of playing ability. hes not utds standard anymore i feel.

hes not utds standard anymore i feel.

since he's returned I think one person got down his right side.

one...

can you explain why he's not of utd's standard anymore?

ntlbell wrote: »
    He went up in mine.

He put the club before himself, he's a very good friend of the big man's.

its only shaking hands with an another player ffs. a player who gave everything for that club himself and is a true legend of utd. take off yer red tinted glasses for a second lads and think about it.

its only shaking hands with an another player ffs.

Exactly that's all it is.

so why are you making a bid deal about it?

• Advertisement

Exactly that's all it is.

so why are you making a bid deal about it?

thats all it is yea exactly... and he refused to do it.

thats all it is yea exactly... and he refused to do it.

yup he put very close personal friendship aside and put the club before himself I could be wrong but I don't recall GN shaking anyone's hand bar the ref in any game I don't recall roy shaking too many either.

don't mix business with pleasure and the Manchester derby IS serious business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

yup he put very close personal friendship aside and put the club before himself I could be wrong but I don't recall GN shaking anyone's hand bar the ref in any game I don't recall roy shaking too many either.

don't mix business with pleasure and the Manchester derby IS serious business.

So if Mark Hughes comes up to SAF before the derby match and offers to shake hands, do you think SAF would refuse?! i doubt it. its not about club vs club or 'serious business', its a sporting gesture, and to refuse to shake someones hand, who you once shared the same dressing room as is nothing short of a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i dont like the way robbie keane seems to moan about every decision and always seems to have his hands up claiming a foul...that wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Last season at Shels it was James Keddy (mainly because he was picked ahead of Rutherford for a while). He's gone now though thankfully.

At Stuttgart- Mario Gomez. I once liked him but since he demanded a transfer last summer I don't. Then he had a bad Euro 2008 and suddenly Chelsea weren't interested. Now he's all about badge-kissing. He is still a good goal-scorer but he has a general bad attitude towards the club, even though Stuttgart gave him his breakthrough.

So if Mark Hughes comes up to SAF before the derby match and offers to shake hands, do you think SAF would refuse?! i doubt it. its not about club vs club or 'serious business', its a sporting gesture, and to refuse to shake someones hand, who you once shared the same dressing room as is nothing short of a disgrace.

If Alex had to go out on the pitch and fight for 90 minutes against mark hughes then no I wouldn't expect him to shake his hand.

as a player going into a game like that you need anger and fire in your belly a game to be won at all costs he can go and have a pint with the big man after the game and they can touch willies for all i care.

If Alex had to go out on the pitch and fight for 90 minutes against mark hughes then no I wouldn't expect him to shake his hand.

as a player going into a game like that you need anger and fire in your belly a game to be won at all costs he can go and have a pint with the big man after the game and they can touch willies for all i care.

They are still fighting against eachother,whether its on the pitch or not. Here your entitled to you opinion. i think your wrong but anyway.
    Sure ive seen players of opposite teams hugging eachother before games, chatting and having a laugh.
    International teammates/past teammates...whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    is this thread about players that you dont rate? or players you dont like as a person?

if its the later, i dont see wat Lucas has ever done, fair enough if you dont rate him.

Of course my comment was based on Lucas as a player. Jesus the lad could be the nicest guy in the world for all I know, I'm just going on what I have seen of him in a Liverpool jersey. I suppose what I said could be seen as 'rough' (tongue in cheek also though), but the lad just seems as if he is so far in over his head that it makes for uncomfortable viewing for someone like myself, a pool fan.

I would like to see him turn things around, but I genuinely can't see it happening at this stage.

Maybe if he got a hair cut? :pac:

They are still fighting against eachother,whether its on the pitch or not. Here your entitled to you opinion. i think your wrong but anyway.
    Sure ive seen players of opposite teams hugging eachother before games, chatting and having a laugh.
    International teammates/past teammates...whatever.

Yep you see it all the time, not sure what your point is.

alex is sitting down in a comfy seat his mind needs to be sharp he doesn't need to be physically worked up he's not going over to the technical box to put in a crunching tackle on an ex employee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement