Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players on your own team(s) you don't like?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yep you see it all the time, not sure what your point is.

alex is sitting down in a comfy seat his mind needs to be sharp he doesn't need to be physically worked up he's not going over to the technical box to put in a crunching tackle on an ex employee.

my point is ive seen players to THAT...... and GN refused a simple handshake from a past Utd legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

my point is ive seen players to THAT...... and GN refused a simple handshake from a past Utd legend.

So what if some players do it?

How many hugs have you seen before the start of the following.

Man utd V Liverpool

Man Utd V Arsenal

Man utd V city?

GN has UTD in his blood nothing else matters and in a game against man city Peter is no friend he's no united legend he's not the guy you have a beer and a chat with.

He's just another player, playing for a team that must be beat at all costs.

do you not see how an unselfish act that is? to be able to tune out the man that stood tall and was the cause of so much of united's success? yet he's so focused on what's ahead he's able to put that away and just seem him as part of the opposing team?

that has RK written all over it and was proper for order for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Well almost a given but as an Arsenal fan I don't really like Eboue. Saying that I used to really like him in his first season when he played RB. But then maybe as his displays dissimproved I, like a lot of other fans started to see his faults. Diving, etc.

Thats all really. I hated Adebayor when there was the tranfer fiasco during the summer. I've kinda forgiven him now. Not that his performances have really justified it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ntlbell wrote: »
    So what if some players do it?

How many hugs have you seen before the start of the following.

Man utd V Liverpool

Man Utd V Arsenal

Man utd V city?

GN has UTD in his blood nothing else matters and in a game against man city Peter is no friend he's no united legend he's not the guy you have a beer and a chat with.

He's just another player, playing for a team that must be beat at all costs.

do you not see how an unselfish act that is? to be able to tune out the man that stood tall and was the cause of so much of united's success? yet he's so focused on what's ahead he's able to put that away and just seem him as part of the opposing team?

that has RK written all over it and was proper for order for the occasion.

Listen you can dress it down all you want... open up your eyes, its a f**King handshake for god sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Listen you can dress it down all you want... open up your eyes, its a f**King handshake for god sake.

then stop getting so upset about it....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's no big deal.

Maybe they didn't like each other at United. Keane certainly didn't like PS, so maybe he wasn't popular in the dressing room. GN probably had to listen to years of his shouting. :)

Even if they are mates, they are getting ready to play one of the worst needle matches in England. They can have a pint after. It's hardly rude not to get all pally in the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

I can't stand Adebayour and i'm not too fond of Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Gallas, and sometimes as much as i think he can be great Clichy irritates the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Indie18 wrote: »
    Clichy irritates the hell out of me.

Hooooow? Like most Arsenal players he's made on or two mistakes this season but he really is Mr.Reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Sútalún wrote: »
    Hooooow? Like most Arsenal players he's made on or two mistakes this season but he really is Mr.Reliable.

I know and i do actually like him I just think he is prone to the odd lapse in concentration, but then again so are the whole Arsenal defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I can honestly say that I don't dislike any Everton player...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Wouldn't call it dislike but I'd say John O'Shea for pure frustration purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Let me see.

Charles N'Zogbia

Joey Barton

Jose Enrique - Gives the ball away too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nobody really at the villa

id like to see us offload knight tho. despite his recent purple patch the blokes a liability of titus bramble proportions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal: Silvestre

Bendtner and Eboue, I don't hate them, but they can really frustrate me at times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Lionel Messi - because he doesn't play for my club.

Eboue sticks out a mile for me - not for his ability, purely attitude (the same thing I used to hate about Ashley Cole, even though he was superb for us). I'd never blame anyone for signing for Arsenal (even if they're not up to the standard, I'd blame the club) but cheating and moaning are unforgivable.

Adebayor for the **** he pulled during the summer after a largely unjustified pay rise from the club the summer before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Brown, Ronaldo, Foster, Nani, Gibson, Evans, Berbatov (dont like him yet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

redout wrote: »

Brown and Evans :eek:

why

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Hating someone because they're not that good is a bit **** IMO, anyway Gerrard annoys me sometimes and Charles Itanje too, for being completely pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hleb, Pinto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Woah. Thats a fairly long list for a team you support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ronaldo, Nani, Berbatov, Hargreaves(stop getting injured)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

ugh.... Some United fans embarass me altogether. Hating Gary Neville? There is simply no reason you could hate a player who spent his entire career at the club, won everything, always gave 110% and is now club captain.

It'd be like hating Scholes, Giggs or that Norweigan Hero Ole.

I dont like Nani though. I think his attitude with regards to improvement and his own abilities is in need of some serious attention. Luckily I trust Fergie to sort it or sell him.

Luke Chadwick...ugh.... I remember seeing an interview with him in some magazine where he was spouting some primadonna bull**** and he was doing the whole male model thing, and this, for such an ugly man...

John O Shea: I know he's Irish. I know this is contentious, but Im sure he must have caught Fergie banging his secretary or something untoward, cos how a player of such limited technical ability can get so much game time on one of the best teams in the world is beyond me.

Brown and Evans :eek:

why

Brown is the own-goal man. He must have well over a dozen in his United career and it annoys the hell out of me. I can remember him scoring a few back in 99. Evans is just not my cup of tea, something does not sit right. I dont think he will make it at United.

Also, people who hate berbatov hate football.

RichTea wrote: »
    Woah. Thats a fairly long list for a team you support.

yeah but only two of them actually play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

John O Shea: I know he's Irish. I know this is contentious, but Im sure he must have caught Fergie banging his secretary or something untoward, cos how a player of such limited technical ability can get so much game time on one of the best teams in the world is beyond me.

I see your point, but it's no surprise. He's a utility player that can cover a large amount of positions (even goal :pac:) and he's willing to do it without complaint.

And he's plugged a lot of holes (as you say got so much game time) in the team that are currently English and European champions, so nothing is broken as far as SAF must see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Babel. So lazy it's unreal he's in the team at times

stovelid wrote: »
    I see your point, but it's no surprise. He's a utility player that can cover a large amount of positions (even goal :pac:) and he's willing to do it without complaint.

And he's plugged a lot of holes (as you say got so much game time) in the team that are currently English and European champions, so nothing is broken as far as SAF must see it.

Yeah I know:( Still, Phil Neville never annoyed me nearly as much, hell, even Quinton Fortune didnt annoy me as much as O Shea.

I think its just his first touch, it makes he hate him so much. Then there is his passing, so very erratic. Fortuné and Simpson made an absolute fool of him on many occasions on Tuesday too.

ugh, actually, no point hiding behind it. I really really really dislike John O Shea as a player.

edit: also, being the player your team picks to go in goal after the keeper is sent off is pretty embarassing. Especially for a professional footballer:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gareth Southgate... by all accounts he did great for Villa, but i never ratrd him back when he was Villa captain and thought Ugo Ehiogu should have played for England ahead of his teammate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Drogba, Anelka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

There is no player for Liverpool I dislike for who they are.

I hate pennant as I suppose hes still technically ours.

For ability I think Dirk Kuyt, Lucas, and dossena are poo.

Though Kuyts attitude is amazing. If only some of our more technically gifted players could have the same hunger and work ethic as Kuyt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

joe123 wrote: »
    There is no player for Liverpool I dislike for who they are.

I hate pennant as I suppose hes still technically ours.

For ability I think Dirk Kuyt, Lucas, and dossena are poo.

Though Kuyts attitude is amazing. If only some of our more technically gifted players could have the same hunger and work ethic as Kuyt.
    If the best player in the world prize was handed out for effort Kuyt would be miles ahead of anyone in the world, unfortunatley it's not and his finishing can be compared to a league of Ireland player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What an odd post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nani. Kind of like Ronaldo when he first started for United except not as good. Just cross the ball and stop the fancy sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Nani. I nearly cry everytime I see his name on the teamsheet tbh. He tries to do too much and never seems to learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I didn't have any at my own club at the present time as posted earlier untile 2.30pm yesterday.

El Hadj Diouf. Hopefully I will get to like him over time, but it will be hard, he cost us with a dive when he played for Bolton and then there is his spitting. That better not happen at our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Faubert

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

. Obviously Ronaldo is a prick, but he's good enough for me to forgive him (until he moves to Real).[/quote]

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gelson Fernandes - The ultimate headless chicken and he's quite frankly just crap.

Tal Ben Haim - Was actualy happy when he signed but he's been a pile of shite for us.

Like everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Dossena hands down!Biggest load of sh1te iv seen in a while.!

Advertisement