Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend driving instructor please!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Alan Ryan - Pass School of Motoring
    Can't find his number at the moment though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Alan Ryan - Pass School of Motoring
    Can't find his number at the moment though

I got lessons with him when I was first learning to drive, about 2 years ago. He's pretty good, but I didn't make as much progress with him as I would have hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

electron wrote: »
    is this the same place as treaty school of motoring? either way, the problem with them is, they're not listed in golden pages - in fact they can't be found anywhere on the internet...
    but in case anyone is interested, mike's number here: 0872641292

Treaty is now online too. Thinking of going back to them to do my advanced.

http://treatyschoolofmotoring.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

An File wrote: »
    I got lessons with him when I was first learning to drive, about 2 years ago. He's pretty good, but I didn't make as much progress with him as I would have hoped.

That's strange. Myself and most of my family went with him and all passed our tests first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

More thumbs up for Tom O Mahoney top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

sioda wrote: »

Great instructor!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sioda wrote: »
    Great instructor!

I should have mentioned, I passed my test last Monday thanks to this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Browney7 wrote: »
    Sean Collopy is the man most definitely to get you to pass your test but if you are a complete beginner most driving instructors should do.

I did about 8 lessons with Sean and 2 pre tests. Absalutely brilliant, passed my test first time without any hassles. My sister leart with him too, she also passed first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Another one for Sean Collopy, i'd every bad habit under the sun after 4 lessons i lost them and passed. i know he's good because t i'd an instructor before him and failed twice, within 5 mins he pointed out what i was doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stfrancisboxer

What is blakes number i am looking for it for lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

That place next to the victoria club up near Pery square. Far and away the best driving instructor I ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

dragonkin wrote: »
    That place next to the victoria club up near Pery square. Far and away the best driving instructor I ever had.

Damien 0863342669 - Top Instructor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Ger Brennan from Dooradoyle school of motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 myname10

How much is des bannon for a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Puptoes

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in the Lucan/Palmerstown area, doing my test end of next month in Rathgar. Just don't know who to call so many schools out there. A friend said get someone who was a former tester, anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is the Limerick City forum.

You should post in the Learning to Drive forum or Dublin forum for a better response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Late to the party but Mike Shine Jnr of Graduate School of Motoring is fantastic. Myself and my brother got about 3 classes each from him & passed the test with flying colours.

He is very chilled out and puts you at ease which is really what you need. Great teacher - gave me the confidence and knowledge to pass my test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ccyy123

I am a really nervous driver and was taking a few lesson from a friend who has a full license for a long time, but I crashed the car (well, drove into the house) nothing serious but really threw me off driving, so I am looking for a good patient instructor. I have read the previous threads and Tom O'Mahoney seems to be the most recommended, so may have go with him, but I often see Joe Chawke passing around where I live, just wondering if he is any good?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I did my lessons with Sean from Excel about 2 years ago. Saw his ad in the paper and always see him going around in his green Micra. Excellent instructor, I think of myself as a pretty good driver and a big part of it is down to him.

Don't have his number any longer (phone went kaput) but I would suggest looking out for his ad in the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Recommend a great instructor richard butler passed me, my brother and a few of his mates if interested in his number give me a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

leonards school of motoring 061-381429. simply has the name for getting results. most of my family passed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hi all, first off mods if you feel this is off topic feel free split it off, just posting here because it sort of fits the discussion.

I'm looking for an instructor who is IAM certified, have my full licence since 2001 and want to do an advanced driving course.

Also has anyone on here done it and can they tell me who i need to contact registering for the exam. The IAM website is UK based and only has a small section on Ireland which basically says they operate here, but doesn't give any details. Any info greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

foinse wrote: »
    Hi all, first off mods if you feel this is off topic feel free split it off, just posting here because it sort of fits the discussion.

I'm looking for an instructor who is IAM certified, have my full licence since 2001 and want to do an advanced driving course.

Also has anyone on here done it and can they tell me who i need to contact registering for the exam. The IAM website is UK based and only has a small section on Ireland which basically says they operate here, but doesn't give any details. Any info greatly appreciated.

You could try James Dillon in Adare, never used him for driving but knew him a few years ago through volunteer work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

ccyy123 wrote: »
    I often see Joe Chawke passing around where I live, just wondering if he is any good?

Joe taught me to drive, he's great. Patient but firm! His number is 087-7533526.

Got my test on my first attempt, so I recommend him to anyone, at any level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys

Just looking for anymore updates on this as I am looking myself! Based in Raheen so was thinking Des Bannon based on the recommendations so far in the thread, as Tom O'Mahoney is probably too far out from me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hey guys

Just looking for anymore updates on this as I am looking myself! Based in Raheen so was thinking Des Bannon based on the recommendations so far in the thread, as Tom O'Mahoney is probably too far out from me??

Cany see Raheen and city centre being too far. The routes are going to be based around the test centre anyway.

My 2 daughters used Tom and regardless of distance I'd highly recommend him. He is very professional in his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's been a few years since I passed my test, but was driving for a few years before doing it (this was in the days before theory tests etc) so when it finally came up I went for a few refresher lessons with Sean Collopy. I see he has a few recommendations on here and I'd recommend him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bantee

I know Des Bannon of Ltd Driving School (I think thats the name) and he's based in Raheen. I haven't had lessons with him but he tells me he has a very high pass rate for learners taking the test and he's a really sound fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 baradcc

It'll be my son's third time to do the driving test! He needs to pass it this time.
    He will be taking it in Mungret, Limerick.

Can anyone recommend someone who will help him to pass it this time around??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

baradcc wrote: »
    It'll be my son's third time to do the driving test! He needs to pass it this time.
    He will be taking it in Mungret, Limerick.

Can anyone recommend someone who will help him to pass it this time around??
    David Fitzpatrick

Advertisement