Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Warden in Celbridge

Options
  • 30-01-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Guys, I saw in the Liffey Champion the parking warden in Celbridge has been suspended pending investigation of a written complaint.

Was this a real complaint does someone know or was it someone just annoyed at getting a tkt.

I know he was a bit of a ' jobs worth ' but I think you have to be in that postion anyway.......

I hope someone doesn't lose their job because of a silly complaint ,but if it was a genuine issue then fair enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It's probably just standard procedure.

In a lot of companies & organisations if a complaint is made about someone then that person is normally suspended on full pay until an investigation is carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yep, I think overall the system isn't working out too badly. 20c for 30 min, 50c for 1 hour on the main street isn't exactly breaking the bank.

I have heard that this chap does like to try and catch people out while they're paying at the machine, but that's all gossip and rumour I suppose.:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Buffman wrote: »
    Yep, I think overall the system isn't working out too badly. 20c for 30 min, 50c for 1 hour on the main street isn't exactly breaking the bank.

I have heard that this chap does like to try and catch people out while they're paying at the machine, but that's all gossip and rumour I suppose.:D

There's a bit more truth in your supposition than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

My wife had a disc in her car in leixlip & still got a €40 ticket from the same company. Her word against his , as the discs are the scratch off type & not the machine ones with the time printed.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Melted M&M

The Parking warden that worked in Celbridge now works in leixlip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Melted M&M wrote: »
    The Parking warden that worked in Celbridge now works in leixlip

He's probably the most hated man in Leixlip if it's the one that constantly goes to every length to fine every car that's parked around the place. Really they'v lost the plot it was never about fining everyone it was just clearly up the congestion of cars parking all over the place in residential areas. It's gone out of hand at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

parking in maynooth is crazy!

I drove around main st trying to get a spot - needed access to unload some gear - and it took 25 mins and lots of circling to find a spot close to main st!

WHen I did park, it was somewhere I shouldn't be!!

I would be in favour of pay parking in Maynooth (and Clane) asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

I would be in favour of pay parking in Maynooth (and Clane) asap!

There's not really any room for Main St parking in Maynooth anyway, so having to pay wouldn't make that much difference.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement