Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacken

• 30-01-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Mods; feel free to remove this if it violates the charter; I wasn't too sure so I am just saying..
    p.s. Not looking for a private sale; just website information

To everyone else; If you are interested in it (I am GWAR is playing oh yeah!), Wacken this year is sold out for quite some time at this point (a month I believe). No retails in Dublin city (that I know of) actually got any tickets for sale either, but I could be wrong on that front.

Now to the question; my searches have been fruitless (other than rip off merchants on eBay whom I don't trust) - does anyone know any shops in or around Dublin, or even websites that would still be selling tickets for this years wacken?

That's pretty much it, I've resigned myself to not being able to go, but remain hopeful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't know if it's any help but try this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hello Jim

Just went to their website and the entire festival is sold out (as you knew) :(

Amon Amarth will be performing which makes me even madder. Your best bet would be try maybe ebay as I am sure some people may auction them (probably rap fans who bought the tickets and will look to make a score on them)

I had it up on my recent thread as a priority, but alas won't be able to make it. Not really sure about agents in Dublin. If they have them they won't advertise until the summer itself, or spring at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

cheers for the info. Looks like it's going to have to be ebay then. poo :P

Yeah amon amarth are playing, GWAR, testament.. should kick ass. Only thing is it gets well hot over there during the day time, and booze doesn't cool ya down much :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

GWAR are the one band I have to see in my life,I'm jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Wahey good to see someone else likes them :) me & about 4 mates had gotten as far as thinking, if they don't do another tour through Europe, we were going to fly to the states! Don't think that's going to be necessary though.

Only found out in 08 that they had toured Europe in 07 & we just didn't know about it due to not checking the website. oh well - I'll make it one of these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

http://www.getmein.com/ - This site is selling tickets, three mates of mine have ordered tickets from here but haven't received them yet the prices are really high though (250 is the highest i've seen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Well.

They're also playing here : http://brutalassault.cz/en/

Which isn't sold out and is considerably cheaper then Wacken.

Just by the by. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

jim o doom wrote: »
    Wahey good to see someone else likes them :) me & about 4 mates had gotten as far as thinking, if they don't do another tour through Europe, we were going to fly to the states! Don't think that's going to be necessary though.

Only found out in 08 that they had toured Europe in 07 & we just didn't know about it due to not checking the website. oh well - I'll make it one of these days.

Yeah they did Europe for the Beyond Hell tour but I was far too young to go back then,I'm definitely going to go see next time the have a European tour which should be in a year or two with the next album.

Advertisement