Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another i-phone question

• 30-01-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Is there a problem with downloading videos onto an Irish i-phone via i-tunes? I've tried and can't seem to, but to be honest, it could be a user problem!

A friend said something similar.

Anyone else had that problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

It depends what file format the video files are. The iPhone only supports: .m4v .mp4 & .mov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Where are you downloading videos from?? and what format are they in?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Aloysius Flyte

I'm downloading podcast video's from i-tunes and they won't download.

Surely if the i-phone only supports such files other file formats would not be available for me to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Ah I see. iTunes on you mobile impose a block on you downloading files that are above 10MB unless you are WiFi which is a pain in one sense but if you think about it in the long term it saves on your allowance each month. I advise that if you are subscribing to a Podcast that you download each night on your computer before you go to bed and all the podcasts you are looking for should be there in the morning and you can sync before you head to work. If you fit this into your routine then the issue with iTunes will stop being a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Aloysius Flyte

that's worked, I download from my lap-top.

But I can't purchase/download video's/movies from i-tunes?
    Are they not available in Ireland? And reason why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

No, you can't, unfortunately. This is because Apple has to negotiate deals with the media companies for every single country that they want to sell in :rolleyes:. So, they start with the big markets like the US & UK and expand from there over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

You can get around it and use a Tunecard to get a US account

Advertisement