Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Everton

• 30-01-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭

b_12.pngVb_8.png

Van der Sar
    --Neville---Ferdinand---Vidic----Evra----
    --Park
    carrick----scholes----Ronaldo--
    tevez----Berba

im not sure will Sir Alex start Evra maybe stick with OShea

we'll see anyway

31st Jan 2009
    KO 17:30
    setanta

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Setanta Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Setanta Ireland?
    im nearly sure its setanta sports 1 mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Setanta Ireland?

newsballsplease is correct setanta sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

VDS
    Neville Ferd Vida Jos
    Ronnie Carrick Scholes Park
    Berba Tevez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Put out any side you like, Moyes will roll over for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

mike65 wrote: »
    lemon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mike65 wrote: »

maybe so, but we won't be all on 5 live shouting for alex's head.

heres an update on Everton injuries
    Midfielder Tim Cahill remains a major doubt for the Toffees after he limped off in the final five minutes of the draw with Arsenal with a foot injury.

Good news for David Moyes' men is the fact that X-rays have revealed no damage but heavy bruising means the Australian may be forced to sit out.

The possible loss of the 29-year-old will pose more problems for Moyes in the striking department with Cahill scoring four goals in the eight games he has played while filling in up front.

Everton will continue to be without long-term casualties Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Achilles) and James Vaughan (knee) while Louis Saha will miss the opportunity to face his former club with a hamstring injury.

Better news is that defender Nuno Valente may make a return from a knee injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

cant wait for it, think we will have our strongest team possible out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Legend post Bluetonic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

i'd go with

VDS

Neville
    Rio
    Vidic
    O'Shea

Ronaldo
    Carrick
    Scholes
    Park

Berbatov----Tevez

maybe fletcher in for scholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd prefer Giggs in CM ahead of Scholes tbh. I think Evra is still out.

Van der Sar

--Neville---Ferdinand---Vidic----O'Shea----

---Ronaldo----Carrick----Giggs----Park--

Tevez----Berbatov

Everton without Cahill, Arteta, Saha, Yakubu......3 - 0.

Everton may be without Cahill now aswell, it doesnt give them much options up front. Surely they will set their stall out to defend for a draw.
    to the poster above
    is Arteta out???????????

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I'd prefer Giggs in CM ahead of Scholes tbh. I think Evra is still out.

Van der Sar

--Neville---Ferdinand---Vidic----O'Shea----

---Ronaldo----Carrick----Giggs----Park--

Tevez----Berbatov

Everton without Cahill, Arteta, Saha, Yakubu......3 - 0.

Evra is back for the Everton match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Everton may be without Cahill now aswell, it doesnt give them much options up front. Surely they will set their stall out to defend for a draw.

thats what im worried about! they could come out and park the bus if they dont have some of their strike force....i can see a draw tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

In that case:

VDS
    --Gaz
    Vida----Rio
    Evra--
    --Ron----Scholes----Carrick--Tosic
    Berba
    Carlito

2-0 United

Everton may be without Cahill now aswell, it doesnt give them much options up front. Surely they will set their stall out to defend for a draw./QUOTE]

thats what im worried about! they could come out and park the bus if they dont have some of their strike force....i can see a draw tbh!

?

That's how they setup against the pool WITH cahil?

If we're not playing one of the "big four" you can be pretty sure we're going up against a team setup for a draw.

with the fire power we have there's really no excuse.

They can only keep a defensive formation if we don't break them down the onus is on us as it always is tomorrow is no different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Evra is back for the Everton match

You sure? Where did you hear that.

As for the team

VDS
    -Neville--Rio---Vidic---O'Shea--
    -Park--Carrick--Scholes--Ronaldo
    Berbatov----Tevez

If Evra is back he will come in for either Neville or O'Shea. Gary might need a rest.

Giggs won't start two games in a row when he is not needed to, Scholes will start.

Fletcher might come in for Carrick.

ntlbell wrote: »

the pool

:mad::mad::mad:

You sure? Where did you hear that.

As for the team

VDS
    -Neville--Rio---Vidic---O'Shea--
    -Park--Carrick--Scholes--Ronaldo
    Berbatov----Tevez

If Evra is back he will come in for either Neville or O'Shea. Gary might need a rest.

Giggs won't start two games in a row when he is not needed to, Scholes will start.

Fletcher might come in for Carrick.

about Evra

ssn are reporting it anyway we'll know for sure at 2pm mangers conference

• Advertisement

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:

?

about Evra

ssn are reporting it anyway we'll know for sure at 2pm mangers conference

Ah right. I know it was reported in the week that he had a chance of making it. Wait and see what Fergie comes out with.

?

who do you support?

who do you support?

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah right. I know it was reported in the week that he had a chance of making it. Wait and see what Fergie comes out with.

TBH I think he won't. If he's just only back, why play him? Our defence is sorted. Give Patrice a little bit more time to rest. Our next match is away to West Ham next Sunday.

However if he plays it would allow him to regain some fitness and then have a full week rest, bah, we'll find out :P

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Watching Jeff Stelling and crew on GSS as usual, followed by Man Utd vs Everton on Setanta. Then we have Newcastle vs Sunderland on Sunday, which hopefully Sunderland win. Followed by Liverpool vs Chelsea, which I think will be a point apiece.

Man Utd could be 4 points clear with a game in hand by Sunday night. Everton have a lot of players out, and played defensive games against Liverpool and Arsenal, which could have left them a bit tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This is gona be a tough tough game I think. But because its at home I think we've got a good chance. Evra back would be huge.

VDS
    --Neville---Rio---Vidic
    Evra--
    -Park--Carrick--Fletcher--Ronaldo
    Berbatov----Tevez

il go for a 2-0 utd win. Tevez and Ronaldo

who do you support?

thats pretty bad mate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Looks like Cahill will be ok..

I reckon our lineup will be:

Howard

Hibbert --- Jagielka --- Lescott ---- Baines

P. Neville
    Pienaar -- Felliani ---- Arteta --- Osman

Cahill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

?

That's how they setup against the pool WITH cahil?

QUOTE]

I don't think you can compare the cup match at Anfield to the match against Utd on Saturday. With a weakened team and 1-0 up at Anfield Moyes is obviously going to try defend it. The main priorty for that match was not to loose and maybe get them back to Goodsion. As an Everton fan I still don't expect them to win on Saturday but having watched their performance against Arsenal on Wednesday I would expect them to give Utd a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

It'll be a close one. Like most United v Everton games.

Would Everton fans like to give us an easy ride in the hope that we don't lose a march on the title ahead of their cross-town rivals? :p

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the result was a draw but I have to believe that with United's injury "crisis" over that they'll win it.

bobbyg wrote: »

I don't think you can compare the cup match at Anfield to the match against Utd on Saturday. With a weakened team and 1-0 up at Anfield Moyes is obviously going to try defend it. The main priorty for that match was not to loose and maybe get them back to Goodsion. As an Everton fan I still don't expect them to win on Saturday but having watched their performance against Arsenal on Wednesday I would expect them to give Utd a run for their money.

I wasn't referring to the cup game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6626207
    Everton too soon for trio

Patrice Evra, Nani and Wayne Rooney aren't fit to face Everton on Saturday, but Sir Alex Ferguson remains hopeful that Nemanja Vidic will recover from a knock in training.

It was hoped that Evra (ankle), who has missed the last five games since limping off against Chelsea, would make his comeback, but the game has come too soon.

The same can be said of Nani (groin) and Rooney (hamstring), who also miss out for the Toffees visit to Old Trafford. But, like Evra, they're both expected to be available for the trip to West Ham United next Sunday, 8 February.

"Nani and Evra are both training with the first team," said the boss, "and Wayne will join us on Monday."

Nemanja Vidic is the only question mark for Sir Alex, who has everyone else from the squad that defeated West Brom 5-0 on Tuesday. United The boss will have a late check on the Serbian defender, who picked up a knocked in training.

“Nemanja got a knock in training on Thursday, hopefully he’ll be all right for Saturday,” said the boss. “He miss training on Friday but we’re hoping he’ll be OK."

Fabio is fit again after missing the midweek game at West Brom. The Brazilian left-back made an eye-catching debut against Tottenham last weekend and will be hoping for more first-team action against David Moyes men.

There was more positive news for United; Owen Hargreaves made a significant step in his long road to recovery after successfully undergoing a second knee operation last week.

"It was completely successful and better than the last one," said Sir Alex. "The last operation was more difficult, but this was a more clean-cut problem. He will certainly be ready for the start of next season."

Hopefully Vidic is available. Would probably stick with O'Shea over Fabio, as he'll offer more in the air defensively.

Good news about hargreaves, hopefully it is right.

shame about Evra

JOS will start but i would like Fabio instead

i see everton with 11 men behind the ball so an attacking left back would be brilliant

shame about Evra

JOS will start but i would like Fabio instead

i see everton with 11 men behind the ball so an attacking left back would be brilliant

JOS for me.

However If Park and Fabio were put on the same wing I would be happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

Utd From....

Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, O'Shea, Fabio, Chester, Eckersley, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Park, Gibson, Possebon, Tevez, Berbatov, Welbeck.

and so with that in mind...

Van der Sar

Neville
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Oshea

Ronaldo
    Carrick
    Giggs/Scholes
    Park

Tevez
    Berbatov

how good has Carrick been this season...in fact id go as far as to say that we got out of our rut at the start of the season pretty much as soon as when he came back from injury. too many people who dont watch him enough for 90 mins crticise him for being boring etc. but you watch us without him...ya cant score if ya dont have the ball and the one thing Carrick has done since day one at utd is give lessons in how to retain possession...remeber a while back we were using smith/ferdinand/oshea as central midfielders?how difficult it was to dominate teams when we couldnt keep the ball for 5 mins!!! for me, pairing the scholes of 4-5 years ago (not to say scholes cant STILL do it) with carrick now would be a near perfect central midfield partnership.

anyway, back to tomorrow...think we'll push on now...

Utd 2-0...hope hope...

as ive been saying for about 2 years now, carrick is a super super player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Park offering protection to Fabio would work well i think. It will be O'Shea though.

No matter what the result or performance it will be percieved that Everton rolled over. Although, i find it strange that players from South Africa, Austrailia, America, Nigeria, Belgium and whatever country would hate Liverpool enough to not try and win at Old Trafford. (Maybe Leighton Baynes wont give 100% lol) Shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Excellent news about Hargeaves!

No Fletcher in the squad? Thats strange. I think I'd be willing to sacrifice the aerial cover from JOS and have Fabio down the left to help break everton down

as ive been saying for about 2 years now, carrick is a super super player.

+ 1

We're a neater, faster and more efficient outfit with him playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

how good has Carrick been this season...in fact id go as far as to say that we got out of our rut at the start of the season pretty much as soon as when he came back from injury. too many people who dont watch him enough for 90 mins crticise him for being boring etc. but you watch us without him...ya cant score if ya dont have the ball and the one thing Carrick has done since day one at utd is give lessons in how to retain possession......

yeah carrick has been immence this far, superb passer of the ball and his link up play with berba has been brilliant....maybe they have some sort of spurs telekenises (sp?) that makes them play so well together! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Everton have every chance to nick 3 points, I think Man U are clear favourites but people saying this will be an easy win should have a reality check.

Everton are not a push over anymore (even with half our squad out..!) and our 5-5 formation is not to be sniffed at either...:pac:

Moyes will be working on them set pieces flat out and all it takes is some magic from arteta, or a nod from cahill/fellaini and bingo....

Howard was dreadful for gerrard's goal in the cup and vans goal midweek IMO, games we should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Utd have a prefect record at home in the league bar the opening day draw against Newcastle. It will be interesting to see if the result during the week against West Brom is a blip in terms of struggling to win games or a sign that the team is starting to score relatively freely.

I think Utd might need 2 to win today as I have the feeling Utd will concede. I'm going for 2-1 to Utd, Tevez, Berba. Maybe coming from 1-0 down. Big day, Everton even with injuries are on a confident run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Most teams score freely against Brom as they allow space for the opposition esp in the areas the full back should be patrolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Think Carrick has been playing very well too. He has linked up great with Berba, the ball for the second goal against Spurs being a prime example
    Anyone know of anywhere online showing it. Dont think I have the green light from herself to go boozing for it! Ha ha ha ha.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

+ 1

We're a neater, faster and more efficient outfit with him playing.

+100 re Carrick - his ball to Berba for his goal last weekend v spurs was pure perfection - a fantastic footballer who is developing brilliantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Lads, Anyone gonna have links for this match? I hear myp2p are after taking down their premiership ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

UTD TEAM

VDS

NEVILLE
    RIO
    VIDIC
    O SHEA

RONALDO
    CARRICK
    FLETCHER
    PARK

TEVEZ
    BERBS

BENCH
    KUSZCZAK , BROWN , GIGGS , FABIO ,WELBECK , GIBSON ,ECKERSLEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fellaini and cahill both passed fit for everton; so they are unchanged.

Neville is starting today, not Brown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement