Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Everton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Good stuff.

3 goals in 2 games for Ronaldo now. We need a second. Everton will be looking to attack now. 5 points clear, and if Liverpool mess up tomorrow, jaysus, a hat trick of premierships!
    i'd prefer liverpool to win tomorrow or a draw would be perfect.. chelsea are creeping up again which worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Carrick has been v v good so far. Some of his passing has been top drawer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

it looks like GN is injured so dont be so harsh

what is harsh about saying he is having quite a bad game? Its a fact. He is. Even if he is injured, it doesnt take away from the fact he is having a bad game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Harpy wrote: »
    i'd prefer liverpool to win tomorrow or a draw would be perfect.. chelsea are creeping up again which worries me.

That's what I meant :P A draw. Liverpool are expected to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Really sorry for asking, but I'm exhausted, anyone got a stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what is harsh about saying he is having quite a bad game? Its a fact. He is. Even if he is injured, it doesnt take away from the fact he is having a bad game.

he's having a bad because he got injured :confused:

Really sorry for asking, but I'm exhausted, anyone got a stream?

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh for petes sake. Oh its not! :D

he's having a bad game because he got injured :confused:

K, I'll make it easy for you.

The bit in Bold is irrelevant. I only ever said exactly what you did just there, which was, he is having a bad game.

So, I wish Rafa was fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how is that not another penalty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That was a penalty too. I dont understand how thats not a penalty, I really dont.
    The ref clearly saw it, there's no way it was a dive, its a foul inside the box. No wonder nobody respects refs, they dont have the courage of their convictons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

PHB wrote: »
    That was a penalty too. I dont understand how thats not a penalty, I really dont.
    The ref clearly saw it, there's no way it was a dive, its a foul inside the box. No wonder nobody respects refs, they dont have the courage of their convictons.

I assume that Carrick's touch to change the direction of the ball appeared to the ref as though it was as a result of Lescott coming in and touching it.

Plus he had just given one. ;)

Def a penalty..but he bottled it cos it was Carrick again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

We were fortunate enough to get one so two is probably out of the question.

And also, if he is injured why hasnt he been taken off during the interval?

That was also a peno too I think.

redout wrote: »
    We were fortunate enough to get one so two is probably out of the question.

lol. What? If its a foul, its a penalty, especially in that fashion. The other one was a pen, and so was that.

Spockety has it right though I think, it must have looked like he had lost control of the ball/Lescott touched it or w/e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

spockety wrote: »
    I assume that Carrick's touch to change the direction of the ball appeared to the ref as though it was as a result of Lescott coming in and touching it.

Plus he had just given one. ;)
    I'd imagine that's why it wasn't given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

cmon wesley!

lol. What? If its a foul, its a penalty, especially in that fashion. The other one was a pen, and so was that.

Spockety has it right though I think, it must have looked like he had lost control of the ball/Lescott touched it or w/e.

Unfortunately it doesnt work like that in reality brother. The ref just gave us one at Old Trafford. He will need to be 100% to give us another and that last one was nowhere near 100% clearcut, the commentators even said that themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'd imagine that's why it wasn't given.

I'm not sure, look at his line of sight in the replay.. I think Lescott's approach is actually cut off from his vision by 3 players in his line of sight..

I'd say genuine mistake rather than bottling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

names on shin guards now, feck sake

Really bloody selfish from Tevez, very annoying play. Twice he's shot when there were much better passes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why couldn't Neville have stayed on for another 4 minutes ffs.Does fergie not care about fantasy football or something?

Good to see Wes back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

spockety wrote: »
    I'm not sure, look at his line of sight in the replay.. I think Lescott's approach is actually cut off from his vision by 3 players in his line of sight..

I'd say genuine mistake rather than bottling it.
    aye, you could be right there

i still don't think we would of got the decision anyway had it been seen by the ref though

• Advertisement

Giggs on for Fletch...

It's v tight but I'd like to see Fabio get a run out too..

I don't get what the BBC minute by minute is on about. I thought Tevez was poor today, great determination, but ultimatey, did very little good with the ball at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Poor effort from Tevez there after being played through by Berb.

I thought Tevez was poor today, great determination, but ultimatey, did very little good with the ball at all.

This is Tevez.

This year at least, his final ball/shooting/finishing is always lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I don't get what the BBC minute by minute is on about. I thought Tevez was poor today, great determination, but ultimatey, did very little good with the ball at all.

That's what I was thinking. They're confusing "having the ball" with "using the ball".

• Advertisement

I'd add Berba to this also, except he hasn't showed quite as much determination..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great block by Carrick. I'm getting nervous now.

Carrick my MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You'd think he'd step up a gear. When Rooney comes back, he and Berba will be main strikers. He needs to play brilliantly to regain his place on the squad.

That is our 8th of the campaign in total and 24 of our 53 points coming courtesy of a 1 - 0 win. We are sitting pretty 5 points clear with Liverpool playing Chelsea tomorrow and whatever the result it will be benficial to us in some way at least with either both losing ground or one. Hoping for a pool win tomorrow although I wouldnt hold my breath as Rafa is an enigma and could do something ridiculous to help Chelsea win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

That match was dire. Still though, 3 points.

lol "guiness brilliant play of the game" watchin it on a fox stream obv.

Another poor attacking performance, Berb and Tevez did little. Without Rooney this is the norm. Nonetheless, Carrick won us the game tonight and really showed what he's got in his locker.

We're in a good position now though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Good to see Brown back, feisty too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

brutal game :/

wp utd tho

• Advertisement

3 points is 3 points. Defense have been v v good this season...a nil all draw would be perfect tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Yeah not up to much. Carrick was immense though. And three points when I would have taken a draw before the game so that's the main thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boring boring Utd! :p

lol "guiness brilliant play of the game" watchin it on a fox stream obv.

Yeah the important thing though is we had another "shut out". :pac:

A good result even though the performance wasn't vintage. Surely the ideal result tomorrow is for Liverpool and Chelsea to draw.

a win is a win i suppose

but mg I taught it was a very boring match
    Berba went missing and Tevez overall play was pretty bad tbh

Carrick was immense today

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

What's this about watering the pitch at half time?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Carrick, the most underrated midfielder in England? Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Happy after that. Not the best game of the season but as has been said 3 points is 3 points. Can sit back in my local tomorrow in my United jersey and watch the Pool v Chelski game as a happy neutral :D.

I thought someone summed the situation up well over on the BBC:

"Should there be a victory at Anfield tomorrow the losers will not win the title."

I think it's hard to argue with that. I think if for example Chelsea were to lose and find themselves 3 points behind Liverpol and potentially 8 points behind United after the game in hand, then their title chances realistically are pretty damn remote.

Games between Liverpool and Chelsea tend to be tight affairs but I think there's a good chance this will be a gripping game with both sides really going for it.

I can't wait. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sellotanta mentioned the interesting fact that Van Der Sar has only made (I think) 19 saves in the last 12 matches.

Really shows how important the defence (read: Vidic :p) has been in maintaining this record.

Great performance by Carrick

Advertisement