Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Everton

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

was that a real peon, sellotanta did not say much, the 2nd half one was more clear cut.

If that happened in any other ground it would have prob be waved on tbh, the arteta tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If that happened in any other ground it would have prob be waved on tbh, the arteta tackle.

and there's a good chance any other time any other ref any other ground the second peno would have been given = same result..

next..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mike65 wrote: »
    Boring boring Utd! :p

yeah 6 goals in the last two games shocking.

were 9 points behind the then league leaders now sitting happy in 3rd liverpool

now 5 points in front..

breaking two records in two weeks.

snore fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

job done, delighted.

played well at times, but we were poor in the second half. fair play to van der sar et all for a fantastic achievement. if people are moaning about being 5 points clear, then its time to get realistic

carrick was class and enforces my view - one of uniteds most important players, if not the most important.

ronaldo was class in first half, defence was solid as everton never really threated.

move on now to west ham, will be tought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Dave! wrote: »
    Sellotanta mentioned the interesting fact that Van Der Sar has only made (I think) 19 saves in the last 12 matches.

Really shows how important the defence (read: Vidic :p) has been in maintaining this record.

Great performance by Carrick

Vidic doesn't defend our team does. Yes he has been huge in that by the team/squad should get the praise.

Carrick MOTM. Simplly one of the best performances from a CM I have seen in a long time.

Tevez was poor. Looked worried about the return of rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it's becoming clearer and clearer than Tevez won't be at United. Ultimately, Fergie isn't sure he's worth the cost being touted around, and he's not doing anything to change peoples mind. He's effectively playing for his future right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah it's looking like that. SAF probably reckons he could spend that money on two good players (e.g. in the Tosic price bracket) or else on just Tevez.

As much as I love Carlos for his perseverence and determination, I feel he may just be a bit too expensive, though we would need some more back-up for Rooney & Berbatov (depends how manucho works out at Hull I guess!).
    Welbeck has proven he is decent but with the amount of games we play these days, injuries happen a lot more frequently.

Yeh, but if your man is looking for 30 million (which still confuses me because Fergie implied before that the price was fixed as 'a good deal'), I'd rather see the money spent on somebody like Aguero to offer a different threat. Or better yet, the next Eto/Saha(when fit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

tevez for me has been playing to the crowd and ive lost alot of respect for him. he is putting in massive effort yes, but this is being masked for quality and this has been lacking this year from tevez. people seem to forget that tevez has actually played more than berbatov and rooney.

i think he is holding the club to randsome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

PHB wrote: »
    Yeh, but if your man is looking for 30 million (which still confuses me because Fergie implied before that the price was fixed as 'a good deal'), I'd rather see the money spent on somebody like Aguero to offer a different threat. Or better yet, the next Eto/Saha(when fit).

Isn't it that they paid 10 already and have to pay 20 to sign him?

• Advertisement

Nobody has a clue in all honesty.

It was strongly rumoured that the loan would cost United 5 million a year including wages. Wages aren't included in most transfer prices, so in normal terms, United probably paid about 2 million a year for the loan rights from MSI [60k a week is 3 mill in a year in wages].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Our defence starts with Tevez/Rooney. Rooney is injured at the moment and if we didn't have Tevez we'd be truly f**ked. If people cannot see that then they're blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

K4t wrote: »
    Our defence starts with Tevez/Rooney. Rooney is injured at the moment and if we didn't have Tevez we'd be truly f**ked. If people cannot see that then they're blind.

Vidic is the reason yous are anywhere near this run.

He's the one man out of the back four to start all the games.

Advertisement