Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel price hike

Options
  • 30-01-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

can anyone please explain to me why the price of fuel has gone up 3 time in the past fortnight? its now 1.03.9 where im from up from .97.9 a couple weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Not sure about price hikes but in my area of travel, [Clondalkin, Naas Road, Naas] Most outlets are around the 97 to 99 cent range. Up until last night. Didn't notice anything today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

southie wrote: »
    can anyone please explain to me why the price of fuel has gone up 3 time in the past fortnight? its now 1.03.9 where im from up from .97.9 a couple weeks ago.

Becasue the cost of fuel has gone up and the dollar has got stronger. - It has been explained countless times before.

Expect it to increase to 1.08 within 2 weeks allowing for retail AND distribution costs of 12c per litre. - some stations will be 1.04 & some will be 1.10, but average based on todays refined price (26c /litre - it was as low as 15c / litre in mid december) duty of 50.79, retail & distribution costs of 12c + VAT @ 21.5% on top of this equates to 1.08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Can I just ask have we really become a nation of moans? Seriously fuel prices are the lowest they have been for months even a year and yet we still complain about 1.03. Jebus im happy it has stayed below 1.10. Darc has replied nicely as to why also. Changing economies and all that get used to it. Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

southie wrote: »

I am sure that if you did a bit of a search, you would find the answer.

Edit: a basic search of boards comes up with this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=5393282

some really good answers in some of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can I just ask have we really become a nation of moans? Seriously fuel prices are the lowest they have been for months even a year and yet we still complain about 1.03. Jebus im happy it has stayed below 1.10. Darc has replied nicely as to why also. Changing economies and all that get used to it. Rant over :D

Well it makes all the difference to some people, like me for example. I do an awful lot of driving to my job and then whatever I do in my free time. I want to get value for money. When the price of the petrol dropped I was delighted, I had a couple of euro extra in my pocket. Everything counts in these recessionary times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i did see one place in glasnevin jump to like 101 and the place right after it was still 98

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Well it makes all the difference to some people, like me for example. I do an awful lot of driving to my job and then whatever I do in my free time. I want to get value for money. When the price of the petrol dropped I was delighted, I had a couple of euro extra in my pocket. Everything counts in these recessionary times!

I drive for a living also and im delighted its has stayed below 1.10 and hope its stays in and around 1.01 or goes lower for the forseeable future. But honestly I have prepared for the what if also. Its not like it wont increase again. Lets be happy for now that its slightly affordable and not at the price it was less than 2 months ago. But I do feel its a broken record at this stage and small increases from 99 to 1.01 compared to previous prices is not harsh. We have become a nation of moans. When are we going to accept there are certain things out of our control.

If you don't want to accept ridiculous fuel prices or the unstability of it. Park your car and find a job that doesn't require you to use it. But if you drive a car accept it 1.01 is far better than 1.20-1.30. Lets keep our fingers crossed it wont go that high again but also prepare for the what ifs.

Advertisement