Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted Exchange Now Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is there an ability to have various pop3 accounts checked and pulled into the exchange inbox? Similar (I think) to functionality in small business server 2003.

Also I presume that all addresses for a particular domain need to be set up in exchange right? Or can the rest continue to work via the existing (blacknight hosted) email system? By that I mean if I have john@example.com set up in exchange then do all @example.com addresses need to go via exchange or could I continue to use jack@example.com, someoneelse@example.com etc with my existing windows shared hosting packing for example.com? If that makes any sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I don't think you can do the pop3 thing you mention, but I'll ask one of our technical team to confirm that.

A domain is either using Exchange or not. You can't have some mailboxes on Exchange and others on Qmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I checked with our technical team.

You can't use Exchange for pulling in other pop3 accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ok thanks for checking.

Advertisement