Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - when due to hear back from them re:application

Options
  • 30-01-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a friend from the UK who is starting college here next year

She has applied online, and posted on all relevant exam results (from English school system) to the CAO.

The other day, she rang them to check status of application. They said that if shes had sent on everything, not to worry and that they had no way of knowing for sure if they had received it.

When should she expect something in the post acknowledging receipt of these results and/or details of her application on file

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 subnation

When applying online the CAO send a conformation email listing course choices and personal details etc. almost immediately.

With regards the extra documentation, your friend had the option of sending a stamped addresed postcard, which the CAO send back on receipt of the package.

In my case this took about 7 days, maybe longer to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Yes but she manually had to send her results from England to verify them

Is there a way of checking that they got them? When should she next expect to hear anything from CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Yes but she manually had to send her results from England to verify them

Is there a way of checking that they got them? When should she next expect to hear anything from CAO

Hi,

I dont think the CAO verify recipt of posted docs if the original application was online but I may be wrong about this. They do recommend that you retain some proof of postage when posting anything to the CAO. For exmple getting the post office to stamp one of the certs of postage in the back of the CAO information booklet or sending the items through registered post.

If she is very worried I find the best way to conatct CAO is via email, (link on the website). The answers tend to be a bit more comprehensive that from a phone call.

Good luck.
    :)

Advertisement