Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3.. New played 1or2

• 30-01-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

I know theres loads of stuff on Fallout 3 and im really interested in it i loved oblivion and mass effect and sounds like a game ild love.. anywa point is ive never played fallout 1 or 2 are they neccessary or is there any good sites i can read the whole back story to catch up to the new game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Hi,

I'm big fan of Fallout 1 and 2. I finished each of them 4 or 5 times and I'm just starting the F3.

From what I can see right now the game is good, story is ok, but previous ones were much harder. Story in each is completely different, there is different style of combat (I think the original was better).
    So the answer is no, you don't have to play previous games but I would STRONGLY suggest to do that if you're fan of RPG games. They are classic and even the graphic are not so "cool" as in the F3 complexity of those games is bigger, they are much longer etc.

hmmm, I think I'll install them just after finishing F3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I never played 1 or 2 but Fallout3 was still one of the best games I have played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

(Unfortunately) the majority of people that are playing Fallout 3 have never played 1 and 2. You don't need to have played them at all to understand it, they anticipated that relatively few people will have played the originals.

I'd also very much recommend playing them if you're into RPGs though. I'd like to force people, but I just don't have the power :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

i never played 1 or 2 but i love 3, its a great game with lots of exploring to do, will need to get 1 and 2 eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I never played 1 or 2, and you dont need to. but my advice when playing 3 is to explore, i didnt and barring some deviations followed the plot and finished it on level 12 or 13 (it goes up to level 20) the good thing is if you play it with good karma (or neutral) you can go back and play it again and be totally EVIL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

cool cool ill just read up on wiki about 1 and 2... haha yea why bother wit hteh karma when u can just be an evil hero of the universe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've never played Fallout 1 or 2, and I never had a problem with Fallout 3. Same goes for Oblivion. Never played Morrowwind either. Just go for it. You won't be disappointed!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The first two fallouts are in my top 10 best games ever and they are also critically acclaimed by pretty much everybody. I would defo advise getting them, they come in a nice fallout pack which I saw in game a while ago. That pack included fallout 1,2 and tactitics for like 12 euro.

where did you see that?

docentore wrote: »
    where did you see that?
    in game

anyway....the thing with karma is depending on what type of person you are, thats how the game unfolds. its never the same

God, I really can't wait to play this game...! :)

• Advertisement

God, I really can't wait to play this game...! :)

i cant wait to play it again

sorry 120 minutes, didn't see The Game in the text ;)

is there any Monty Python stuff in F3? or some other easter eggs? you know, like
    The Holy Hand Grenade
    or
    The Cafe of Broken Dreams
    or
    crashed ufo
    ?

Advertisement