Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farrier Available in Kildare/Offaly region?

Options
  • 30-01-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

My parents and their friends are having huge problems at the moment trying to get a farrier in Edenderry(On the boarder of Kildare/Offaly)

We ourselves have 2 donkeys, but our neighbours in the area also have donkeys as well as my mums friends in the area who have horses and everyone is having trouble getting a farrier.

Does anybody have any suggestions of what I could do? My mum loves Polly and Snowball but if we cant find something soon she is considering taking to the donkey santcuary so any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

OK OP, why are you having such a hard time to find a farrier? I can't imagine their is a major shortage of farriers. Check some of the online directories/yellow pages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Try the Irish Farriery Authority. They have a search engine on their webstie:

http://www.irishfarrieryauthority.com/register/search.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _IckleStar_

Thank You, Thats a start at least.

Not being horse people, just having a few donkeys isnt very appealing for a farrier so even when we find one it takes months before he gets out to do them.

We have tried the local SPCA but the farrier they use is too busy as is any of the farriers from the riding schools around. And I actually emailed info@irishfarrieryauthority.com before I thought of going on here.

One of my best friends used to do it for us for years but now he has moved away and doesnt get much time when he does come back this way.

That link above looks great though, Ill see how that works out and let you know.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kick-on

Hey

Im just down the road in carbury, Ill pm you the name and number of a farrier i use. Hes still an apprentice but hes better than any qualified fella ive ever had shoe mine

Advertisement