Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC-Dual Core 2.2GHz,250GB HD,4GB RAM,Keyboard,Mouse(No OS)-€232.19 delivered [eBuyer]

• 30-01-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Not too shabby.. no OS as mentioned but dual-core processor, 250GB HDD, 4GB RAM and includes Keyboard and Mouse.
    R0155468-01.jpg

This superb performance Intel based mATX PC is ideal for use at home or in the office. Optimised for high performance computing requirements, this system utilises high performance components suitable for this size of chassis.
    The motherboard at the heart of this Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 Socket 775 system provides onboard LAN, 5.1 channel surround sound and integrated Vista Premium ready 2D/3D graphics. A 250GB SATA hard drive provides ample storage, whilst the 4GB of DDR2 667MHz RAM will be plenty to handle most software applications.
    Please note that this desktop PC does not come with an operating system. Ebuyer recommends using genuine Microsoft Software and is Windows Vista compatible.
    This desktop PC is perfect for anyone looking for a small, durable system for use in at home or as an office system. A durable keyboard and mouse are also provided with the package.

Processor

* Intel Pentium E2200 Dual Core Processor (2.20Ghz, 1MB Cache)

Memory

* 4GB (4GB Max) 667Mhz (occasionally 800MHz but clocking down to 667MHz)
    * Memory Slot: 2 x DIMM

Hard Drive

* 250GB (1x250GB) SATA II Hard Drive

Optical Drive

* 20 x Super multi DVDRW

Software

* Operating System: No Operating System

Display

* Monitor Not Included

Input Devices

* Mouse and Keyboard

Networking

* Interface: 10/100M LAN, Realtek® RTL8101E

Dimensions

* Width 180mm
    * Depth 450mm
    * Height 360mm

Interfaces

* 1 set 5.1 channel Audio jacks (3 jacks)
    * 1x PS/2 keyboard port
    * 1x PS/2 mouse port
    * 1x Parallel
    * 1x Serial port
    * 6x USB 2.0 ports
    * 1x RJ45 LAN port
    * 1x VGA

Warranty

* 1 Year Warranty

Buy it @ eBuyer

PS - remember to checkout using Google Checkout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why is it so cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Placebo wrote: »
    why is it so cheap?
    Well.. there's no monitor and no OS - so that brings the price down.

Other than that, it's probably made from mostly budget parts.

Nowt wrong with it specifically though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It would be interesting to see what internal connectivity the PC has e.g. PCI, PCI-E etc and also the PSU rating.

If it's anything like the Dell Vostro 200 MT many of us bought last year from the bargain alert, then it looks like a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah looks good, add a 17" monitor from Dabs for €80.48 delivered, free Ubuntu operating system, and you've got yourself a budget system, ready to go, for under €320. :)

Update: the same monitor is £62.88/€70 excluding delivery at Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126874

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

|Hmm, Might get this so and put the radeon 9800 pro I have into it to make it that bit better..
    I don't see anything about it having sata? so does it not have this and the drives would be ide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

* 250GB (1x250GB) SATA II Hard Drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lenny wrote: »
    |Hmm, Might get this so and put the radeon 9800 pro I have into it to make it that bit better..
    I don't see anything about it having sata? so does it not have this and the drives would be ide?

The Radeon 9800Pro is AGP, and won't be compatible with any machine built in the past 4-5 years...

Seems like a decent deal. I'd imagine it would have a standard 16x pci-e lane. Would be interesting to see what the motherboard is, as well as the power supply - I'd imagine it's one of those cheap case/psu type combos in terms of quality. Sufficient, but totally incapable of supporting anything beyond the basics. Could be wrong though.
    * 4GB (4GB Max) 667Mhz (occasionally 800MHz but clocking down to 667MHz)

Um....:confused:

According to people over at the HUKD forum who talked to eBuyer customer support:
    I'd imagine it would have a standard 16x pci-e lane.
    It does have a PCI-Express slot alright.
    Would be interesting to see what the motherboard is
    It's apparently a Foxconn 45CMX

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ah didn't see in the hd that it had sata lol. I take it it will have spare sata slots anyway...
    didn't think the 9800 would work cause the mobos have changed a lot.. but think the card was vga memory is really foggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

i have the card and it is(my pc is old:()

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote: »
    Ah didn't see in the hd that it had sata lol. I take it it will have spare sata slots anyway...
    didn't think the 9800 would work cause the mobos have changed a lot.. but think the card was vga memory is really foggy!

VGA is not an interface. :)

The only graphics card interfaces are PCI-E, AGP and PCI - there's some older ones but they're absolutely redundant for countless years, the above 3 would be the primary ones in use, the vast majority would be PCI-E.

You would get a PCI-E video card that would be about 300-400% faster then the 9800Pro for 50 euro so it's not too big a deal anyway..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

You're better off going to www.ankermann-pc.de adn spending an extra 150 or so to get a far better processor and graphics card.

Plus none of this crap of getting the Ebuyer system to mail to Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jayteecork wrote: »
    You're better off going to www.ankermann-pc.de adn spending an extra 150 or so to get a far better processor and graphics card.

Not if you don't need the extra processor and graphics card (which some people won't). Good price for the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Ankermann can be a pain in the arse too.
    Can`t really argue with this PC for the money, I think I`ll order one, been looking for a cheapish dual core for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Do machines like that (with no OS) come with the driver discs for the installed components?

Or do you have to go fetch from the vendors site?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Just to address this: it's not difficult to get Ebuyer to ship to Ireland anymore.. you don't even need to register with them with this REP123 postcode.

You use your Google Checkout with your Google account (e.g Gmail) to checkout (it's similar to Paypal) - it's a breeze to order. Have a credit card and postal address defined in my Google Checkout. So all I do is add to cart, sign in and I see the total defined all inclusive of delivery in euros. Click 'Buy' and that's it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Basquille ,what secondary security do you have with google?
    Password reminders through emails and stuff ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

what is the speed of the fsb?

what is google checkout? edit.they won't take laser and you register one credit card for all transactions?

laser? do the company take laser

No one takes Laser really.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

That's so useful if you don't live within 10 kms of the place.

I can imagine all the punters flocking to their warehouse with this latest brilliant business push.

That's so useful if you don't live within 10 kms of the place.

I can imagine all the punters flocking to their warehouse with this latest brilliant business push.

I know jayteecork, that's why I used the big "Green Grin"

:D:D:D

-

what is the speed of the fsb?

what is google checkout? edit.they won't take laser and you register one credit card for all transactions?

This is the Mobo Spec if they are supplying the Mobo suggested above:

- Intel® Core™2 Duo, Pentium® Dual-Core, Pentium® D, Pentium® 4, Celeron® D, Celeron® processors, Socket T (LGA775)
    - 1333(oc*)/1066/800/533 MHz (FSB)
    - Dual Channel DDR2 667/533/400 x 2 DIMMs, Max. 4GB
    - 1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
    - ATA x 1, SATA II x 4
    - 5.1 channel Audio
    - 10/100M LAN
    - 6 USB 2.0 ports

-

Do machines like that (with no OS) come with the driver discs for the installed components? Or do you have to go fetch from the vendors site?

Machines like these usually come with no discs. The drivers required should already be included in most operating system installation discs.

P.S. If anyone wants a Ubuntu (or any GNU/Linux OS) CD to install Linux on this PC, I'll burn one and send it for €2, including P&P. Just PM me here.

Oracle wrote: »
    Machines like these usually come with no discs. The drivers required should already be included in most operating system installation discs.

P.S. If anyone wants a Ubuntu (or any GNU/Linux OS) CD to install Linux on this PC, I'll burn one and send it for €2, including P&P. Just PM me here.

Surely not for the Mobo's Chip Set though?

-

I suppose it depends on the chipset, as far as I know, most major manufacturers chipset drivers are included on the Installation CD.

basquille wrote: »
    According to people over at the HUKD forum who talked to eBuyer customer support:

It does have a PCI-Express slot alright.

It's apparently a Foxconn 45CMX

I don't think it's a 45CMX Mobo because they have 8 x USB 2.0 ports whereas the eBuyer one states six(6).

-

What's the difference between a Pentium Dual Core and a Core2 Duo or are they pretty much the same thing?

-

What's the difference between a Pentium Dual Core and a Core2 Duo or are they pretty much the same thing?

-

Less L2 cache. This is actually the older Pentium based on 65nm, the newer Pentium Dual Cores are based on 45nm. So the E2200 is based on the older Core 2 Duo's, not the current ones. It only has 1mb cache. Wouldn't make much of a difference, except in Games and stuff like encoding - stuff at which an E2200 is still relatively OK at anyway. It also overclocks like a dream.

To put that more basically Pentium Dual Cores are Core 2 Duos with their l2 cache halved. Same cores.

More here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

basquille wrote: »
    Just to address this: it's not difficult to get Ebuyer to ship to Ireland anymore.. you don't even need to register with them with this REP123 postcode.

You use your Google Checkout with your Google account (e.g Gmail) to checkout (it's similar to Paypal) - it's a breeze to order. Have a credit card and postal address defined in my Google Checkout. So all I do is add to cart, sign in and I see the total defined all inclusive of delivery in euros. Click 'Buy' and that's it!
    Just wondering do Ebuyer charge VAT at 21.5% for orders from Ireland or is the price you see the price you pay(ie. inc. VAT @15% only)?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This is the Mobo Spec if they are supplying the Mobo suggested above:

- 10/100M LAN

-
    No Gigabit ethernet?

I guess for ordinary household use, it's not necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any issue with paying via paypal with this crowd? What are they like to deal with if it turns out to be faulty? Who delivers for them here?

I've bought from them a few times & have only good to say about them.

The items always arrived exactly the day they said they would too!

I've never had to return anything so I can't comment there.

I bought 2 TV's from the on New Years day & they were at my door five days later & were delivered by Nightline Couriers.

I've always paid via Google Checkout with no problems but a friend bought stuff last week and told me he paid by Paypal, he also said that they just recently started to accept it from Irish customers.

-

Full details of the PC and components from someone over at HUKD:
    - PSU is ISO Model No. ISO-400PP 300w (+12v, +5v, +3.3v)
    - It has 1 PCIe x 16 & 1 PCIe x1 as well as 2 x PCI
    - Of 4Gb RAM installed XP addresses 3.32GB (see Belarc detail below)
    - and yes KB and mouse are cheap and cheerful as you would expect. Both PS2 and with a ball mouse. They work fine but I have just bought a wireless Logitec LX710 laser KB & mouse on fleabay for only £15 new.
    This PC also looks the biz and is really tidy inside. Best value around I'd say.

Hope this all helps.

BELARC ADVISOR
    CIS Benchmark Score 3.13 of 10
    Profile Date: 03 February 2009 23:16:17
    Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) OEM OEM
    Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
    2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: Foxconn 45CMX/45GMX/45CMX-K
    Serial Number: UY30841050241
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 06/13/2008

Drives
    250.05 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    239.98 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI iHAS120 6 [CD-ROM drive]

ExcelStor Technology J9250S [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n GEK230T2AB3A3B, rev GM2OA52A, SMART Status: Healthy
    Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
    Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
    Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
    Generic USB xD/SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3

Memory Modules c,d
    3320 Megabytes Installed Memory
    Slot 'A0' has 2048 MB
    Slot 'A1' has 2048 MB

Controllers
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Display
    Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family [Display adapter]
    Iiyama PLE2407HDS [Monitor] (23.6"vis, s/n 1100185005004, December 2008)

Multimedia
    Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Other Devices
    Built-in Infrared Device
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    USB Mass Storage Device (2x)
    USB Root Hub (5x)
    Communications

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

is it any use for gaming as id love a small compact machine now as my current rig is too old ( except for counter-strike and the likes ) my laptop isnt good enough, despite the 1 gig card and 4 gigs ram, Vista is a bugger and i cant be bothered down grading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

S.I.R wrote: »
    is it any use for gaming as id love a small compact machine now as my current rig is too old ( except for counter-strike and the likes ) my laptop isnt good enough, despite the 1 gig card and 4 gigs ram, Vista is a bugger and i cant be bothered down grading.

It would be ok if you get a €70 video card for it.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149199

Has anybody here actually bought one of these & would they recommend?

-

I ordered one, will report back when it arrives.

Shulgin wrote: »
    I ordered one, will report back when it arrives.

Cheers, when I first looked at it on the site it said that they had more than 100 for next delivery delivery & now it's down to 90 so somebody is buying them. I suppose you couldn't go wrong for that kind of money?

Did yours total €232.19 when you made the buy or was there anything extra added on?

-

I bought a couple of other things with it so im not sure about the €232.19.
    Its a decent spec for the money alright. :)
    Cheers, when I first looked at it on the site it said that they had more than 100 for next delivery delivery & now it's down to 90 so somebody is buying them. I suppose you couldn't go wrong for that kind of money?

Did yours total €232.19 when you made the buy or was there anything extra added on?

-

• Advertisement

That's just dropped to 88 stocked, may as well grab one :)

-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered one myself there.

Does anyone know if the Mobo has driver support for both XP & Vista?

-

Edit:

I can answer that now, it supports

Windows 2000 & 2003
    XP 32 & 64 Bit
    Vista 32 & 64 Bit

I've upped the Mobo user manual if anyone wants it.

Foxconn 45CMX User Manual:

-

google check out wont accept my phone number?
    also do i pick a certain delivery method?

google check out wont accept my phone number?
    also do i pick a certain delivery method?

What way are you entering the number?

Are you using the +353 & dropping the first digit?

I think they take PayPal now too.

The standard delivery is more than addiquit, eBuyer are normally on the ball with deliveries & when they issue a delivery date it will arrive on that day.

They have changed their Irish courier partner last week but I'd say it will still be swift.

I see they're fairly shifting those PC's now, the stock level is down to 38.

-

im just doing 353 then instead of 01, im putting in 1, then the number. landline?

im just doing 353 then instead of 01, im putting in 1, then the number. landline?

Well mine was entered using the plus sign 353 and dropping the first digit (with no spaces at all by the way) and is was happy!

-

youre mistaken, it doesnt allow plus signs at all.
    I just use my mobile...

PC Sold Out!

What couriers do these guys use in ireland?
    The tracking number they gave me doesn`t exist on the citylink site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement