Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paneer - Tsubh Dearg help please

• 30-01-2009 2:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Im making paneer tonight. I eat in Govindas about twice a week and love their one. I hadnt noticed until recently that Im practically a vegetarian. I was trying to remember when I last ate meat and ait was about two weeks ago - some ham on a pizza. Ive been using quorn instead of chicken and Ive even got the saussages to try for my Saturday mornign saussage sarnie :) Anyone had them? Im not sure about the minced quorn.....looks a bit dodge to me. Any reviews?

Tsubh Dearg - you said in another thread good luck with the paneer - why? Is it hard to make? As I understand it - from the recps online,its just milk and lemon juice and drain through muslin then press for about 3 hours.

Any tips for me? Can I flavour it with anything? How did you make yours? How did it turn out?

Thanks!
    Thank you for any advice offered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

it's fairly easy to make, but you can buy it in indian supermarkets if you prefer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I want to make it myself just for fun really. Ive been you tubing it...lots of flavours and a few good instructional videos.

I dont know any Indian supermarkets in Dublin....time to google :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I don't think that was me sorry! I know Shabadu made some cheese, maybe it's her you're thinking of? I'm fairly sure it was Paneer that she was making too. There should be a thread on it if you search.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Ah...kk...sorry. Thanks for getting back to me on it.

I made it yesterday. Ive left it in the fridge over night adn gonna use it this evening. Looks ok. Im going to try it with low fat milk next time.

Advertisement