Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your body for science

Options
  • 30-01-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭

Is it true that Universtities will give you money if you promise to donate your body to them after you die?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

are you blonde, if so i'll give you some money for your body before you die, you can even have it back afterwards if you like:)

I think you can, smokers bodys are worth more;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dude... I think it's a dude

EDIT: Just saw your location. Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

thanks Jimmy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only problem after you sign your bits and pieces over is that you have to keep looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Sometimes they like a fresh one. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

"I'd sell this thread for science and get nothing LOL coz it iz crap i meen" etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've left mine to science fiction.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Apparently Trinity have a backlog of bodies and have stopped accepting donations for the next year or so.. But in the UK, they're appealing for more, apparently because over there you can't pick which university you want.

Apparently Trinity have a backlog of bodies and have stopped accepting donations for the next year or so.. But in the UK, they're appealing for more, apparently because over there you can't pick which university you want.

Don't they rent them out so that they can up the numbers in The Dáil for the tv cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You can donate your body, they certainly do not pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blipp

No, you don't get any money. A free burial is it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes, but you have to do a "Leaving Life exam". This involves two years of study (and Irish IS ccompulsory). If you score a required number of points then you can pick a university on a CAO (Cadaver Aquisitioning and Organs) form and hope you get in.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

'nuff said...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I considered doing this but I didn't want the med students in Trinity feeling inadequate. The world needs happy doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

This seems like a good deal. I get money for not doing anything. Except dying. Though then again they're not paying you to die, they're paying you for not being alive.

"pleasing taste, some monsterism"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I'm in Trinity and I have access to the bodies. I'd encourage any young blood to give themselves, preferably after dying prematurely.

All the bodies are those of pensioners, and you can't make out a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I was asked to donate mine, something to do with drinking and not getting hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

When my wife was in college, she was wheeling a lot of equipment across a yard when some guy shouted from a window asking if she wanted a hand.
    Next thing she's hit on the head with a disembodied human hand.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I wouldnt give my body to science.

I fear that the college gays would look at my nakid coprse drool uncontrolably and try to buttsekz me. Even dead, id still clench the buttcheeks. I figure my way around this is to have "I have AIDS" tattoo'd to my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Mena wrote: »
    You can donate your body, they certainly do not pay for them.
    Exactly you donate your body to science, selling your body is a more active (but well established) profession and just because the john is a scientist doesn't make it selling your body for science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

I wouldn't give my body to science.......purely because im a med student and i've seen what happens to them on a friday afternoon and the mess that is made when we really don't have a very good idea what we are looking for and are fumbling around with a scalpel thinking we are cutting the right thing to be then told we aren't....in the meantime some light butchering has occured.

But yes to more young bodies....... anatomical features not as clear in old old people. :o

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    I wouldnt give my body to science.

I fear that the college gays would look at my nakid coprse drool uncontrolably and try to buttsekz me. Even dead, id still clench the buttcheeks. I figure my way around this is to have "I have AIDS" tattoo'd to my arse.

You could always have a clause in your will, stipulating that your hole has to be bricked up, thereby preventing necrophilial buttsekz. It might also kick-start the construction industry.:P

Advertisement