Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Chocolate Eggs

• 30-01-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I used to be a die hard Creme Egg fan. Though this year the Caramel Eggs just seem tatsier.

Has the Taste changed of Creme Eggs?

Am I just growing old amd my palette changing? Has anyone else found this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It wouldn't surprise me if the taste has changed. The size has also changed.

There's a series of videos on GooTube in which Creme Eggs meet horrible ends. Here's the best one, in slow motion:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

ive noticed the Goo is getting harder, less creamy or something...

it doesnt bother me cause i dunk it in my tea so it all melts... yuummm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

They do mini cream eggs in a bag now,There very moreish i had 2 bags naughty lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

My favourite egg would have to be the galaxy ones.

It would be great to see a creme egg from 10 years ago next to one from today. Damn global warming for shrinking our eggs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The ones that you buy in boxes tend to be gooey-er than those sold singly for some odd reason. I don't think the taste has really changed though. But the fondant can be gritty almost in ones that arent as fresh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 manopie

Yeah the freshness is really important. The fondant goes reeeeeally hard if its an old egg that's been sitting in a shop for a couple of months. After easter when they're at rock bottom prices it still doesn't mean you should snap them up.

Advertisement