Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

• 30-01-2009 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Been watching videos on youtube for the last hour or so of all the recent meetings. Really getting me in the mood for it. Can we please have a decent match thread for once? No pointless arguments with United fans please.

Predictions?

Keane to start, Liverpool to win 2-1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Melion wrote: »
    Can we please have a decent match thread for once? No pointless arguments with United fans please.

Asking for the impossible there unfortunately...

I reckon Chelsea to take this 1-0, Ballack to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

draw written all over it

1-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just been posted in the Liverpool thread that Carvalho is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is Terry fit? If both are missing then thats a definite help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

mike65 wrote: »
    Is Terry fit? If both are missing then thats a definite help

A help?

If the 2 of them are out, we will destroy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

2-1 Liverpool

Keane and Lucas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I reckon 1 -1.

Chelsea to take lead through Ballack and then Gerrard to equalise. I wonder if Malouda will start....with Rob Styles refeering :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I predict a snore fest.

0-0

Liverpool play these big games well, its the games against lower teams that they cant win.

Home win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Liverpool always seem to play out of their skins against chelsea, and their mid week 1 pointer gives them even more reason to go for. Benitez outwitted scolari at the bridge, I don't think big phil has a clue how to win this kind of game so if we are to get a result it will be down to Lampard, Terry and Ballack wanting to win it, hope Drogba starts. First time at anfield for me and I'm hoping for 3 points for chels, but actually expect us to draw at best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1-1

Anelka (65) and Gerrard (90+9)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Dave! wrote: »
    1-1

Anelka (65) and Gerrard (90+9)

1-1

Gerrard (65) and Lampard via deflection off Carraghers @rse (90+9)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

1-1 hopefully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If Villa can somehow win against Wigan, because of this match is taking place no matter what happens this weekend Villa would end up in 3rd place having played no more games than the teams around them. :D

Prediction: 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

How about a 0-0?
    It's been a long time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

8 nil win for Chelsea please, Villa up to 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

according to physioroom.com Terry is available.

2-0 liverpool, Torres x2!

Well Keane won't be starting so we have a chance! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very tough game to call this one. So much on the line for both teams. I think it might be a draw and that's what I've got my fingers crossed for anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I can't decide want I want to happen in this match, but I think I want a Liverpool win. Chelsea 8 points behind would be just too great to turn down, then deal with Liverpool.
    Then again, I do like to see Liverpool lose, so it'd be nice to see them out of the title race effectively imo [as the loser of this match will be I think]
    I think I'll root for Liverpool though.

What do I think will happen? Chelsea struggle against the top teams due to their lack of width which against ****e teams is provided by their full backs but good teams can keep their full backs occupied. I think Liverpool could well nick this one/draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

A draw has got to be best for United, would leave both teams demoralised and a fair whack behind.

I'm presuming that Scolari will have spent and hour or 90 mins re-watching the Stamford Bridge game and will adjust accordingly.

/off to Guardian Chalkboards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

3 - 2 to Liverpool.

Keane
    Agger
    Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'd love keane to score and do his cartwheel celebration:)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 1

Torres Lampard(p)
    Keane0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Doubt Keane will even play!

I'll go 1-1.

Possibly a Chelsea win, deffo cannot see Liverpool taking this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ROBBIE KEANE IS AXED
    Liverpool ace dropped as Harry Redknapp waits to move

ROBBIE KEANE - out

By CHRIS BASCOMBE, 31/01/2009

ROBBIE KEANE has suffered yet another humiliating snub by Rafa Benitez after being axed from today’s squad to face Chelsea.

And that could drive the £20m striker into Tottenham’s arms. Harry Redknapp will make a last ditch bid to re-sign Keane ahead of tomorrow’s transfer deadline after being given every encouragement by Benitez a deal can be done.

But the move by Redknapp will send the Liverpool boss on another collision course with his board.

The Anfield hierarchy are not convinced it is the right call and would only sell if the full £20m can be recouped. Even then, Keane would have final say.

Keane has been wrestling with a dilemma since hearing of Spurs’ interest — first exclusively reported in the Sport of the World on December 6.

He’s in despair at the way his Anfield career has gone — but won’t ask to leave.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/151117/ROBBIE-KEANE-IS-AXED-Harry-Redknapp-to-make-new-move-for-dumped-Liverpool-ace.html

Sick for robbie, cant understand why Kuyt is picked ahead of him, he's been treated like sh*t.

Sick for robbie, cant understand why Kuyt is picked ahead of him, he's been treated like sh*t.

eh because kuyt was one of our best players for the first half of the year and he is also played in a differant position, people would then be giving out that keane is playing on the right and he is out of position:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Keane is a better player than Kuyt, had keane been given the "chances" Benitez has bestowed Kuyt, you would be thinking different.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keane is a better player than Kuyt, had keane been given the "chances" Benitez has bestowed Kuyt, you would be thinking different.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so you want him to play keane right midfield instead of kuyt:confused::confused::confused:

No (nice use of smileys btw) I would like the player given a chance to prove himself in his position, keane scored in his last game for spurs against chelsea.

Benitez has given kuyt so much space in the team, even though he was bought in as a striker.

i want to keane to do well also i really like him and think he has a lot to offer there is just no point saying a player playing a differant position to him should be dropped, especially when kuyt has been brilliant for us especially in the big games

(no smilies this time)

Agreed. Really hope the rumors of him leaving are just that - rumors.

Kuyt played so bad against wigan though, got to agree with me there.

I agree but there is so many of them not performing this past month its unfair to pick 1 player.

I really hope he doest go aswell unless we have someone like villa coming in (i know my villa-torres dream will come through some time:pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I would be very sorry to see him go. Problem is its turning into another side show in the circus that is Liverpool at the moment. We already have enough of these and it might be the best thing for Robbie and Liverpool if he left.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Kuyt only played about 10-15 minutes at most against Wigan,
    iz u mentl?

What about Hull then, played the full 90 and played sh*te at that game also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If I had to choose a winner, 1 month ago I would've happily said Liverpool and effectively knock out who were and continues to be our no.1 rivals to the PL, Chelsea.

That said though, given Benitez's major c0ck ups in recent weeks, I would love to see Liverpool lose and turn their minor setbacks in recent weeks into a full blown crisis.

Obviously a draw is the no.1 preference though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Probably 0 - 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Hopefully the Pool can get a 1-0 or 2-0 win but i can see it being a draw.!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kuyt has played up front maybe 3-4 games this season, the rest on the right. Are you saying you wanted Keane to play up front 3-4 times only and the rest on the wing? Keane has played plenty of matches, and although he was taken off after 70 mins in most of them, he was playing terribly in most of those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

5starpool wrote: »
    Kuyt has played up front maybe 3-4 games this season, the rest on the right. Are you saying you wanted Keane to play up front 3-4 times only and the rest on the wing? Keane has played plenty of matches, and although he was taken off after 70 mins in most of them, he was playing terribly in most of those games.
    I put the stats up recently, maybe in the Liverpool but over the 28 appearances in all competitions that he has made he is averaging just under 45 minutes a game. So basically he has played just under 14 full games and he has 7 goals which isn't that bad, not magnificent by any means but it just shows how relying on appearances can be very deceptive.
    I'm not getting into the whole flop or not argument though but I don't think its fair to judge on that amount of minutes.

Here feck it, I'll do some stats.

Robbie Keane 1254 minutes 7 goals 4 Premier League assists 1254/90 13.933* games
    Dirk Kuyt 1918 minutes 7 goals 4 Premier League assists 1918/90 21.31* games
    Fernando Torres 734 minutes 6 goals 1 Premier League assist 734/90 8.15* games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I dreamt twice last night that Chelsea would win. First 3-2 and then 1-0.

Either will do nicely! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Liverpool to win, Chelsea won't put in the effort required to beat them.

2 or 3 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Rumours abound that Keane has been left out of squad again but this time due to pending deal with Spurs for £ 15 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It would be very strange i think if Robbie did go to Spurs, given that Rafa has done his best to piss off 'Arry.

Sell Keane for £15m. Hijack Arsahvin deal. I'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Boring nil all draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You have to ask the question though in all fairness, you give a guy less than six months to prove himself and he has not done that badly when you look at the stats I put up earlier.
    But if Rafa is only giving Keane that short space of time to prove himself, then its only fair to expect to be treated similarly by the board when it comes to his own performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

IMO its Rafa getting one up on Parry, showing who is the boss, i.e. don't bother signing players I don't want because I won't play them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement