Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yeah was emailed the video by a Manc mate of mine, stopped watching once I saw the site Red Cafe... considered United's main forum/site for the majority of their fans.

Says a lot about the site that they went to the trouble of making such a video eh ;) Might be another United sight but I saw another one ages ago selling anti-Liverpool/Gerrard t-shirts as well :pac:

what does it matter who made it if the contents are FHACT?

the 3 points against united were the sweetest so far this season. roll on march 14th:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Just link us to the match day discussion thread for today's game on that forum. :)

I sent you a PM with the site link.

Dcully wrote: »
    You make it sound as if he the only one at it.
    A few dives in his career and you say hes been cheating for years?
    All this from someone who has his sig linked to "stephen Ireland [Superman]" vid
    Kinda ironic when you say "who happens to be a notable England international" yet your hero thinks hes above playing for his country,atleast Gerrard nomatter what you think of him is proud of his country and to play for them :D

he's the only one slating others for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

ntlbell wrote: »
    and 2 from 6 against the big stoke

it's all relative.
    Yea you're right; but beating Utd very easily was much more enjoyable than beating the mighty Stoke woulda been.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Then I'd ask you to take a look at this:

Your post has thanks from both Boggles and Ntlbell, you have truly arrived!

But anyway, back to the match as this is indeed the match thread.

It's a shame that people are drawing more attention to Lampard's sending off and Gerrard's dive (which he was punished for I might add), than they are to the fact that Liverpool utterly utterly dominated Chelsea today, when Frank was on the pitch and when he wasn't.

I think Liverpool would have won the match anyway, in fact I think they were more likely to win it with Lampard on the pitch than off it, absurdly enough.

Reina gets a zero out of ten for me, cos I didn't see him for the entire match except when Torres scored and Reina appeared at the Kop end diving on Torres.

Utter domination, and keeps the race nice and tight. Anyone who thinks that two points separating first and second on the 1st of February, games in hand or not, is anything other than a bloody tight race, needs their heads examined in my opinion.

The big winners today weren't United, or even Liverpool, since for those two teams it was 'as you were'. Aston Villa were the big winners this weekend, since despite only getting a point yesterday, they are seriously in with a shout of overhauling even Chelsea, and that would be an astounding achievement.

Finally, some words on Rafa Benitez. How this man has retained his dignity and composure in the face of unrelenting media pressure over the last few weeks is to be admired. He's been to hospital three times with incredibly painful kidney stones, and seen luck abandon his intentions at the defending end of his pitch twice, but for which Liverpool would still be top. The crowd sung his name loud and clear this evening, nobody should be under any illusions, Rafa is the man, and he should be backed. That goes not just for the supporters, but for the owners and the rest of the board (who I am sure read boards.ie).

Let's get behind this man.
    Let's get behind this team.
    This is the season we have been crying out for, savour it no matter the outcome.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    the 3 points against united were the sweetest so far this season. roll on march 14th:pac:

it will be something for you to look back on when you're watching Gary Nevile lift the league trophy

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well maybe you should edit your origional post to Gerrard has been slating for years then instead of cheating for years :rolleyes:

No I'm just a football fan who doesn't like seeing this football player, who happens to be a notable England international, getting away with murder with regards to his diving. .

Yo dude, watch the replay man, he got booked for it.

Check out match of the day later. Football first will show it too.

Actually, I think I might make a dang youtube clip of Gerrard being booked for diving, so every time some tool reels out a youtube clip of him 'getting away with murder', I can respond with a youtube compilation of Gerrard fouls, bookings, and hell, even numerous sendings off.

Well maybe you should edit your origional post to Gerrard has been slating for years then instead of cheating for years :rolleyes:

i didn't make the original post?

• Advertisement

it will be something for you to look back on when you're watching Gary Nevile lift the league trophy

:D

a bold prediction at the start of Feb

i didn't make the original post?

I meant mrnice guy sorry :)
    I thought he was the one replying.

To Mrniceguy you say hes been getting away with diving for years, i saw him getting yellow card for it today, is that getting away with it? :rolleyes:

I was making it in august.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,723 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

spockety wrote: »
    Finally, some words on Rafa Benitez. How this man has retained his dignity and composure in the face of unrelenting media pressure over the last few weeks is to be admired.

Are serious Spockety?

Rafa has been alot of things the past few weeks, dignified is not one of them.

what does it matter who made it if the contents are FHACT?

Again I find it quite sad and pathetic a site, a main well used by the majority of United fans site bothered it's arse to make such a video.

Shows how small time the site is.

This gets repeatdly shown on other sites incl my own, I find it funny because no Liverpool fans bother whipping out a Ronaldo(or other player) video though there are plenty of them around.

Like I said in my orginal post, it was a disgraceful dive. He was rightfully booked. I hate seeing that ****. End off in my book.

Cant you figure out i meant your origional post saying gerrard has been cheatingfor years.
    Or maybe you spout that very line so often you already forgot you spouted it yet again 5 mins ago :rolleyes:

You say hes been getting away with diving, i saw him getting yellow card for it today, is that getting away with it? :rolleyes:

who's posts are you reading man? i never said he got away with anything?

i think your mixing me up with someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Anyone have the official stats for the match?

It's not a bold prediction at all, and that's why it's ridiculously easy for him to say it.

Hell, I can say it, United will probably win the league.

What am I? Nostra-bleedin'-damus? No, I'm just stating the obvious.

It's easy for him to say, cos he knows there is a really good chance of him coming back here in May to rub our noses in it. Where the hell is the fun in that?

United are better than Liverpool! Wow, tell us something we don't know.

Liverpool will need to do some special things this season to win the league, nobody is under any illusions. Conversely, anybody who believes that the world of football is so utterly predictable as to be sure that those special things definitely won't happen this season doesn't watch a lot of football in an overall sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You make it sound as if he the only one at it.
    A few dives in his career and you say hes been cheating for years?
    All this from someone who has his sig linked to "stephen Ireland [Superman]" vid
    Kinda ironic when you say "who happens to be a notable England international" yet your hero thinks hes above playing for his country,atleast Gerrard nomatter what you think of him is proud of his country and to play for them :D

The dives have been happening over a number of years. That is the point. I don't make it sound like he's the only one at it you just seek to deflect from the issue.

I don't know what Stephen Ireland has to do with anything either. :confused:
    spockety wrote:
    Yo dude, watch the replay man, he got booked for it.

Check out match of the day later. Football first will show it too.

Actually, I think I might make a dang youtube clip of Gerrard being booked for diving, so every time some tool reels out a youtube clip of him 'getting away with murder', I can respond with a youtube compilation of Gerrard fouls, bookings, and hell, even numerous sendings off.

Yeah I know he got booked for it. Maybe you should show the compilation of Gerrard's bookings to Dcully though because he doesn't believe Gerrard has been cheating for years. I'm just pointing out that he has. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Again I find it quite sad and pathetic a site, a main well used by the majority of United fans site bothered it's arse to make such a video.

Shows how small time the site is.

This gets repeatdly shown on other sites incl my own, I find it funny because no Liverpool fans bother whipping out a Ronaldo(or other player) video though there are plenty of them around.

Like I said in my orginal post, it was a disgraceful dive. He was rightfully booked. I hate seeing that ****. End off in my book.

because they wouldn't be able to find any video's of ronaldo giving out about people who dive?

you cant make it if the proof is not there...

• Advertisement

I was making it in august.

yawn

You say hes been getting away with diving, i saw him getting yellow card for it today, is that getting away with it? :rolleyes:

You forget his penalty claim dive, plus his booting the ball into Boswingas testicles, plus the other studs up challenge he should have went for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

of course but didn't stevie G come out and claim how much he dislikes cheaters etc?

really? i never knew. thats brilliant. bagpiping doubt into fact.
    nothing else to bash liverpool over today?

who's posts are you reading man? i never said he got away with anything?

i think your mixing me up with someone else

Indeed i am, i corrected myself on last page and apologised,sorry :)

yawn

Winning it year after year i'm starting to feel a bit that way...

:cool:

Boggles wrote: »
    Are serious Spockety?

Rafa has been alot of things the past few weeks, dignified is not one of them.

I am serious yeah. Ignorant journalists have been literally calling him a loonie, we now hear a lovely new tune on the terraces called "Rafa's cracking up", etc. These people have obviously never been in a real mental asylum.

He is an incredibly intelligent man, very articulate, and worthy of respect. I haven't seen him explode in the last few weeks, I think he's held it together quite well despite the amount of obvious goading he's faced.

The knife was in, it was being twisted, I guess today's result just draws the knife out a little, for a while.

Winning it year after year i'm starting to feel a bit that way...

:cool:

Ah, nice.

I've said my bit now on today's match, so I think I'll leave this thread now and lock the door behind me, leaving in the usual baiters, and the poor unfortunates who rise to it (I know what it's like :( ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

abelard wrote: »
    Anyone have the official stats for the match?

here ya go mate sorry i cant embed it

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3081132,00.html

its at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

ye notice how a couple of Stvies quotes were on April 1st!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

couple of things from another LFC fan.
    Great win today, harsh red card to fat frank but its all swings and roundabouts.

Great to be 2 points behind Utd and anyone that thinks that Utd will go unbeaten for the rest of the season is kidding themselves. Liverpool Need to kick on from this result and string a few wins together.

looking like a good scrap between LFC and UTD and i am really looking forward to it. For the record i think Utd will win. As a LFC fan the first thing i want is a challenge, maybe summer transfer will give us the players needed to win in next season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't read the utd match threads (for good reason), but do Liverpool fans post on there with the sole intention of shít stirring ala boggles, ntlbell and mrniceguy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

yawn Liverpool match thread again turns into Liverpool V Man Utd fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool Team Statistics Chelsea

2 Goals 0
    0 1st Half Goals 0
    9 Shots on Target 2
    7 Shots off Target 4
    9 Blocked Shots 2
    12 Corners 1
    26 Fouls 16
    0 Offsides 2
    4 Yellow Cards 3
    0 Red Cards 1
    77.7 Passing Success 71.7
    22 Tackles 22
    81.8 Tackles Success 68.2
    52.3 Possession 47.7
    57.3 Territorial Advantage 42.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

liverpool didn't go top with this result, did they ?

syngindub wrote: »

No

• Advertisement

Nope but we are back on track after a couple of bad draws (not losses) so hopefully we will push on from here and really push utd to the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't read the utd match threads (for good reason), but do Liverpool fans post on there with the sole intention of shít stirring ala boggles, ntlbell and mrniceguy?

I'm not a sh*t stirrer. I was challenged on a comment I made about the match where I criticised Gerrard for cheating because the Liverpool fan in question disputed my belief that he had been doing it for years.

I must say it pisses me off that whenever a comment is made about Gerrard the ad hominem attacks come flying out.

Load of bollocks tbh.

united fans are real tough to wind up;)

http://www.shinygrape.com/americangoulash/uploaded_images/wooden-spoon-754642.jpg

coco06 wrote: »
    Nope but we are back on track after a couple of bad draws (not losses) so hopefully we will push on from here and really push utd to the last day.

24th May (The Last Day)

Hull v Man Utd, 16:00
    Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00

I'll take ..emmmm..united
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

24th May (The Last Day)

Nah I'm not so sure. Spurs will be relegated by then :pac:

• Advertisement

deise59 wrote: »
    Nah I'm not so sure. Spurs will be relegated by then :pac:
    A mr RK might have something to prove if he's allowed play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Holy crap, no more games until May 24th! :eek:

24th May (The Last Day)

unless hull slip back into relegation and need points at home. but if they dont then ye you might think it might be an easier fixture.

mike65 wrote: »
    Holy crap, no more games until May 24th! :eek:
    there's a long way to go alright. if liverpool hang on till the last day, well then fair balls, bring it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SantryRed wrote: »
    Meh, still not convinced.

This is only stand out post in this whole thread for me..

People have been bad mouthing Rafa all week for any number of reasons. They have been forming pretty drastic, and in my opinion, shameful conclusions about the club and Rafa.

They have, and I think SantryRed was one (apologies if you weren't), pretty much wrote him and the team off as a result of a few disappointing results.

Now, after a pretty one sided win that made Chelsea look extremely average and a total of 10 points from 4 matches against the 'big 4', not a single one of ye are willing to wind your neck in and admit that ye all over reacted.

I don't expect anyone to pretend that all is perfect as a result of this result but the over-reactions in recent weeks are shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

This is only stand out post in this whole thread for me..

People have been bad mouthing Rafa all week for any number of reasons. They have been forming pretty drastic, and in my opinion, shameful conclusions about the club and Rafa.

They have, and I think SantryRed was one (apologies if you weren't), pretty much wrote him and the team off as a result of a few disappointing results.

Now, after a pretty one sided win that made Chelsea look extremely average and a total of 10 points from 4 matches against the 'big 4', not a single one of ye are willing to wind your neck in and admit that ye all over reacted.

I don't expect anyone to pretend that all is perfect as a result of this result but the over-reactions in recent weeks are shameful.

Here here. Some of the "sky generation" over reaction over the last few weeks has been frankly embarrasing. Unbelievable display today and IMO we will push on from here.

as they say.. a week is a very long time in football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Have'nt been on here long TBH but it always seems to be these three on here talking rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In fairness to Mr. NiceGuy, he is not on the same level as Boggles or NtlBell.. No where near as bad actually.

Highsider wrote: »
    Have'nt been on here long TBH but it always seems to be these three on here talking rubbish.

I've been here even less than you and I've noticed the same 3 people as well :rolleyes:

Anyway

Yes there was some over-reaction but every clubs supporters are like that. So I wasn't overly suprised except for some Reds calling Rafa all sorts now which disappointed me. Like I said after the Everton league draw at Anfield. That game didn't bother me. Adterall United lost twice to Citeh last season let's not forget. Form and teams on paper go out the window in any derby more often than not. I think when all is said and done it will be those games vs Fulham, West Ham and Stoke that we'll all be contemplating.

I was honestly worried about the Wigan game beforehand. No matter what we all think of Bruce he and his team were in some top form. But going a goal ahead and seeing the sloppy defending(not just from Lucas but the entire defence) and Gerrard being taken off I lost the plot. Though I wasn't on here to post my views.

At the start of the season, I said I would gladly take 2nd place in the table and good run in the Champions League. I still stand by that comment. Said in the summer and before the new year.. We must fight for the title at the very least. If we are to lose(tied with the Mancs) the title record we have to go out swinging so to speak.

If we are within 3 points of United come the game at OT, then I might start talking about the title and us.

Those goals hopefully have given Torres all the confidence in the world to go on a run of goals now. We need him finding the back of the net now immediatedly if we are to keep up with United.

Gutted seeing Gerrard diving like that that wasn't pleasent viewing.

Good result and performance, time to roll on and absolute thrash Pompey at Fratton Park. Low on confidence and fans on their back, if there was ever a time to go there and take them for they are worth... it's now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement