Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

same 3 people ?

iv never seen Mr nice guy put into the bracket of trolling
    maybe other people have but i havent

even jesus_thats_gre admited the same

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

same 3 people ?

iv never seen Mr nice guy put into the bracket of trolling
    maybe other people have but i havent

Well in my time here, he's been part of it to a large extent though nowhere near the level of the other two espically ntbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Back a good hour now and been looking over the game, first things first, I did not think I would ever regain feeling in my extremities. Jesus it was freezing, heaters on full power on the way back. Secondly, I was not convinced that it was a red when I saw it live and now I am sure it wasn't, could have been a yellow for either man really but a red was a shocking decision.

What I am disappointed about is that all the way home on the radio all that we herd was that if Lampard had not gone off then we would not have had a chance, I disagree with that, we had all of the football and I cannot recall a shot from them in the first half, or one on target anyway. Anelka was poor, and while their defence was good, we got in behind them quite a bit. Thought Riera would have done better with his chance and shot instead of trying that awful little flick thing and that he was ineffective for most of the game, the best thing he did I think was go off.

I know I give Yoshi some abuse but was happy with his performance today, came on did well and put some quality into the box as well as being very involved in the second.

defence were hardly tested, Midfield controlled large parts of the game and it is great to see Nando get off the mark at home after his lay off.

I reckon Bosingwa will be sanctioned during the week for that kick in the back BTW, dunno how he got away with it with the lino so close by.

All in all a nice evening, I am now off for a bath so that I can regain all of the feeling in my fingers and toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Boswinga thing was a strange one, cos it seemed to me that the linesman did wave his flag about, indicating what Boswinga had just done (or was it just for the throw-in?). Had thought that maybe the ref ignored him then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Vokes wrote: »
    The Boswinga thing was a strange one, cos it seemed to me that the linesman did wave his flag about, indicating what Boswinga had just done (or was it just for the throw-in?). Had thought that maybe the ref ignored him then.
    Boswinga did'nt get sent off IMO because Riley had (wrongly) sent Lampard off and i'd say he knew the spotlight was on him. All in all he really is a terrible referee although i was glad he booked Stevie G for his dive.(grow up stevie ffs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Great result. Great substitutions. Always find it strange that none of the people who slate Rafa week in week out will admit he got it spot on or offer any credit. ***** tbh.

Personally don't think the sending off had any bearing on the result as we were equally dominating for the whole match & Lampard was virtually non existant anyway. Gerrards dive was stupid, rightly punished. There was a lot of heart in his performance today & i thought he had a stormer today. Good to have the kid back showing why he is so special too.
    Then I'd ask you to take a look at this:

I've this this video a load of times & the thing that never fails to amuse me if most of the clips in it arent dives! only one or two iirc. He has certainly dived once or twice a season over the course of his career this is not in doubt. Thankfully he is not amongst the worst offenders.
    Boggles wrote: »
    his booting the ball into Boswingas testicles, plus the other studs up challenge he should have went for.

personally i cheered & loved him doing that. you as the "critic" of the divers surely arent giving Bosingwa who was rolling around faking injury your sympathy, are you Boggles? Tis a mans game Bosingwa & i hope your bollox is brusied tonight.

At the start of the season, Liverpool fans knew in order to improve & throw ourselves into the mix for the title, we needed to either a) improve drastically our points tally against the other top teams, b) cut out the dropped points against the lower teams or c) a mixture of both.

We are like a different side when we play the top teams this year, we dont seem afraid of them & we've outplayed both Utd & Chelsea everytime we've met them this year, taking maximum points. Draw away against Arsenal. we are topping the "mini-league" which has usually revealed the league winner in the past.

we have also improved a little bit in the beating of smaller teams (although the last few weeks have seen us slip back into bad habits).

If we can regain a bit of form, which i have no doubt the win & performance today will help with. i still see no reason we cant be there or there abouts at the seasons end.

will this be enough for Liverpool fans? probably not, cause a lot of them have revealed themselves to be nothing more than jumped up little cunts over the last few weeks, but we shall see. i remain hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thought this deserved a thread of its own. If the mods disagree, yea can always merge it!

How on earth did he get away with this ? The linesman was within arms reach. To make matters even worse, the result was a goal kick to Chelsea! Its one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen happen in open play on a football pitch.

lolbosingwanewqs2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Well he was trying to pole dance! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

should of been a red. linesman's last top side game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tusky wrote: »
    Thought this deserved a thread of its own. If the mods disagree, yea can always merge it!

How on earth did he get away with this ? The linesman was within arms reach...and free wasnt even given! Its one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen happen in open play on a football pitch.

lolbosingwanewqs2.gif

It didn't, we all noticed it, moved to match thread.

It didn't, we all noticed it, moved to match thread.

...I meant unnoticed amongst the officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

i was going to try defend it and say thing of nothing as there was no real force but iafter watching it again, ya, its shocking bad, deserved a red. alex did something similar a few weeks ago v everton and got away with it.chelsea have a habit of getting of scott free with things like this which makes the lampard decision even more unbelievable.

Mr Alan wrote: »

I've this this video a load of times & the thing that never fails to amuse me if most of the clips in it arent dives! only one or two iirc. He has certainly dived once or twice a season over the course of his career this is not in doubt. Thankfully he is not amongst the worst offenders.

lol

good point, well made :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Personally don't think the sending off had any bearing on the result as we were equally dominating for the whole match & Lampard was virtually non existant anyway. Gerrards dive was stupid, rightly punished. There was a lot of heart in his performance today & i thought he had a stormer today. Good to have the kid back showing why he is so special too.

personally i cheered & loved him doing that. you as the "critic" of the divers surely arent giving Bosingwa who was rolling around faking injury your sympathy, are you Boggles? Tis a mans game Bosingwa & i hope your bollox is brusied tonight.

On the first part, I don't think you can ever say a red card made no difference to a game that was 0-0. Of course it does, even if lampsrd was poor, playing with ten men for 30 minutes against a top 4 team would be very tiring. It's naive to think otherwise

And the other thing, wow! I'd love to see your reaction if Rooney or ronaldo had done that. He's very lucky he lasted the 90 minutes

Ok the game, pool played well and deserved it, red card was a joke and Christ Chelsea were poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Delighted with the result, still cant fathom how poor chelsea have been at times this season. They seem to have no belief in these big games any more. Kalou and Malouda were absolutely ridiculously anonymous today, pool had the run of the flanks, and most of the control of the midfield.

On the whole beating a team with 10 men, meh, the wrong man got sent off, but Chelsea still should have been finishing the game with 10 men. I think the same thing will happen with the suspensions too, with Lamps' being rescinded and Bosingwa getting one.

Kuyt's final ball today was awful, otherwise though i think he's being dealt with harshly, without his harrying, we wouldnt have kept so much posession. Tbh, if we could get a decent RW, id be tempted to move Kuyt to RB! Has all the makings of one of the best RB's in the world!

Most stuff has already been commented on, just wanna give a mention to Aurelio today, had a great game imo. Not only kept his flank clear of danger all game, added a huge amount to the attack and put in a great cross for Torres first.

finally, Torres - I Love You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

How on earth did he get away with this ? The linesman was within arms reach. To make matters even worse, the result was a goal kick to Chelsea! Its one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen happen in open play on a football pitch.

lolbosingwanewqs2.gif

spartasingwaej6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hW6-gsJw

Liverpool v Chelsea the nollywood movie preview :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The win was an added bonus to Lampard being debatably sent off and Terry booked :pac:

Also Torres could turn anyone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

:D Are you for real? Ha ha. A healthy collection of ridiculous dives and nasty challenges combined with a penchant to get right up on his pedestal and lecture others on how to play 'de proper Eng-lis game, roight' makes Gerard one of the most odious players in the league. Don't get me wrong - he ain't alone. And he's an absolutely fantastic player and an obvious hero for Liverpool. But come on!

It's impossible to know what would have happened if Lampard hadn't been dismissed at nil all. But Chelsea fans would certainly be churlish to suggest that they would've deserved any more than a draw.

Chelsea seem to have lost much of their drive compared to previous seasons. Although some of the hyperbole on here would make ye laugh - they're still up at the top end of the table.

Liverpool - well, it'll be down to consistency. Benitez's treatment of Keane is harsh and unlikeable. But if it allows him to re-secure his position in the club by retaking total control of transfers, it's probably a good thing for LFC in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well a few things really.

Lampard's red card was an absolute disgrace. I thought the ref had a shocker today and ruined the game as a contest. He also has no sense in play on and book later. Surely its now time for Mr Reily to go.

Gerrard should have been sent off yesterday but that just doesn't happen when the ref is as poor and as easily swayed by Reily. I say this also because Reily's performances in Stamford Bridge have also been shocklingly sided on Chelsea. He goes with the home crowd. Kicking the ball into Bosingwa was seriously bad form but he has that streak in him. That to me should have been a card and then his dive was a disgrace which ultimately he would have walked for. But had he got the yellow earlier I think Reily would have given him the free there.

Boswinga, while were on the subject, should have seen red for that bit of UFC action in the corner. My only surprise was that he didn't then go in for a ground and pound or maybe a choke out!

Overall regardless of the sending off and what not I thought it was a fair result. Chelsea were again shocking and completely toothless. Drogba was hysterical when he came on and to see him and Deco having a go at each other was funny and sad in equal measure. Two players, now completely uninterested with their best days behind them.

I didn't think Liverpool were particular good again. Rafa's formation of 8-1-1 is the basis for a shocking football spectical. I'm hearing a lot of plaudits for Stevie G saying he was fantastic but I thought he was very ordinary yesterday. Torres was very good but I thought Riera had a good game up until the change. Chelsea's best player was by far Alex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was really wierd seeing chelsea play yesterdayu - no invention in their play at all, didn't look like creating anything, no dynamism in the midfield at all. Very poor performance. Personally, I don't think Scolari is cut out for it. People say he hasn't got 'his' chelsea yet but come on - its not like he took over a struggling side that needed a complete overhaul, he took over a side that lost the league by a point and the CL on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Having sat in the lower Anfield Rd end for the match and literally within arms reach of the Chavski fans, I was delighted with the result for 2 reasons.Obviously to beat one of your main rivals is sweet, especially when it puts you back in the title race. But what pleased me most was Nando silenced their constant chants of "Murderers" and "You killed your own fans" to the tune of "we've won it 5 times".I thought it was just the mancs that sunk to those levels and was sickened that other away "supporters" deem this to be acceptable banter.Anyway, Fernando and Co did a great job in ramming their chants down their throats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Personally don't think the sending off had any bearing on the result as we were equally dominating for the whole match & Lampard was virtually non existant anyway.

Chelseas second top scorer gets wrongly dismissed and in your opinion it had no bearing on the result? :eek:

:eek:

Boggles wrote: »
    Chelseas second top scorer gets wrongly dismissed and in your opinion it had no bearing on the result? :eek:

To be fair, Liverpool were the better side throughout the game and it really did seem like on a matter of time before they got the goal, if either team was going to score. Maybe it would have pettered out to a 0-0 draw but Liverpool did look like they could and should have won it.

As for the second part of your post, I think it is a disgrace that anyone would defend or applaud such behaviour, but then it is Stevie G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

To be fair, Liverpool were the better side throughout the game and it really did seem like on a matter of time before they got the goal, if either team was going to score. Maybe it would have pettered out to a 0-0 draw but Liverpool did look like they could and should have won it.

I don't know, Chelsea still had the majority of the possession before the sending off, Lampard for me never does much in a match and you only really notice him when he scores.

As for applauding Stevie G for booting a player in the bollíx, real classy alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was really wierd seeing chelsea play yesterdayu - no invention in their play at all, didn't look like creating anything, no dynamism in the midfield at all. Very poor performance. Personally, I don't think Scolari is cut out for it. People say he hasn't got 'his' chelsea yet but come on - its not like he took over a struggling side that needed a complete overhaul, he took over a side that lost the league by a point and the CL on penalties.
    A shadow of their former selves. I was wondering how United beat them so easily. Then Pool came along and pulled their pants down rightly. Torres better stay fit.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Kuyt's final ball today was awful, otherwise though i think he's being dealt with harshly, without his harrying, we wouldnt have kept so much posession. Tbh, if we could get a decent RW, id be tempted to move Kuyt to RB! Has all the makings of one of the best RB's in the world!

Ive actually thought that myself. With his engine and ability to get up and down the wing, combined with his doggish tackling and popping up with the odd goal, he would be a fantastic right back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kuyt's not actually a great tackler :) Nor is he a good defender. His harrying would drag him out of position constantly. He is a good defensive RW or Striker, but moving him to RB would be hilarity, for the other team would beat him constantly.

Nonetheless, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, it'd be an hilarious demonstration of Rafa's ability to suck the goal threat out of strikers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

poundhound wrote: »
    I thought it was just the mancs that sunk to those levels and was sickened that other away "supporters" deem this to be acceptable banter.Anyway, Fernando and Co did a great job in ramming their chants down their throats!

You did yourselves no favours with the "Chelsea Rent Boy" chants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

You did yourselves no favours with the "Chelsea Rent Boy" chants.

Chelsea rent boy is similar to Feed the sousers. Relatively harmless banter.

You killed your own fans, you killed your own fans, in Hillsborough, you killed your own fans?
    Hardly on the same level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

spockety wrote: »
    Hardly on the same level.

Absolutely.

But this day and age, when the faces of football fans can be splashed across the front pages for allegedly racist and homophobic chanting, is it such a good idea? I mean, surely the Gay Football Supporters Network should be all over this?

And of those people I refer to, at least one was charged with indecent chanting for mere use of the word "cnut".

Careful now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ive actually thought that myself. With his engine and ability to get up and down the wing, combined with his doggish tackling and popping up with the odd goal, he would be a fantastic right back!

:confused:

That's some leap to make! As PHB said, he doesn't come across as a very good tackler. His work ethic and all round ability would probably make him a decent defender in the championship.

But as a defender in a side that's chasing the title? Can't see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This thread is hilarious. Ntlbell, Boggles. You's really are unbelievable. Liverpool were brilliant yesterday, completely dominant. Deserved to win. Two points behind the leaders Utd in Feb. There was nothing that could be picked apart in that performance yesterday, so how do you try to de-rail the thread this time?? Focusing on Gerrard's dive. Pages upon pages on Gerrard's dive. Seriously, was that really the main issue of the match yesterday? Was the headline in the news reports on the hour, every hour about Gerrard being booked for diving........oh and Liverpool win the match??
    Do you's ever get tired it at all?? Do you ever get an urge, even sometimes, to just go into the football forum and have a proper discussion on football. Incredible!!!

I also love when Liverpool get a big win against a four side, all the Utd fans are overjoyed. Delighted that Liverpool won. Knocks Chelsea out and we can handle Liverpool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

monkey9 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. Ntlbell, Boggles. You's really are unbelievable. Liverpool were brilliant yesterday, completely dominant. Deserved to win. Two points behind the leaders Utd in Feb. There was nothing that could be picked apart in that performance yesterday, so how do you try to de-rail the thread this time?? Focusing on Gerrard's dive. Pages upon pages on Gerrard's dive. Seriously, was that really the main issue of the match yesterday? Was the headline in the news reports on the hour, every hour about Gerrard being booked for diving........oh and Liverpool win the match??
    Do you's ever get tired it at all?? Do you ever get an urge, even sometimes, to just go into the football forum and have a proper discussion on football. Incredible!!!

I also love when Liverpool get a big win against a four side, all the Utd fans are overjoyed. Delighted that Liverpool won. Knocks Chelsea out and we can handle Liverpool!!

Well said. Wind up merchants with absolutely nothin better for doin on a Sunday. The fascination with Liverpool is intriguing to say the least!

poundhound wrote: »
    Having sat in the lower Anfield Rd end for the match and literally within arms reach of the Chavski fans, I was delighted with the result for 2 reasons.Obviously to beat one of your main rivals is sweet, especially when it puts you back in the title race. But what pleased me most was Nando silenced their constant chants of "Murderers" and "You killed your own fans" to the tune of "we've won it 5 times".I thought it was just the mancs that sunk to those levels and was sickened that other away "supporters" deem this to be acceptable banter.Anyway, Fernando and Co did a great job in ramming their chants down their throats!

These are the same fans who were shouting at Ronaldo that he should have died in the tunnel after the car crash. I really don't understand fans who use death and disaster as taunts for football chants. What kind of mentality is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The sending off of lampard was referee error and looked worse than it was .Liverpool's passing ,specialy in the second half was superb .

monkey9 wrote: »
    These are the same fans who were shouting at Ronaldo that he should have died in the tunnel after the car crash. I really don't understand fans who use death and disaster as taunts for football chants. What kind of mentality is that?
    Man utd fans goad liverpool fans about Hillsbourough . Nearly every club in the premeriship goad utd about Munich .That is the nasty and unpleasnt side of the game and every club has their fair share of those fans ,not all clubs mind you . But those who think otherwise are living in cloud cuckoo land .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Delighted with the result, and especially because i had €20 on Nando to get the first goal at 5/1. Not even going to talk about it on here because my head is fragile at the minute and i think Boggles and ntlbell would totally destroy it.

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    Man utd fans goad liverpool fans about Hillsbourough . Nearly every club in the premeriship goad utd about Munich .That is the nasty and unpleasnt side of the game and every club has their fair share of those fans ,not all clubs mind you . But those who think otherwise are living in cloud cuckoo land .

I was in the paddock for the United game in September(about 30 feet away from the away fans), not once did i hear any mention of Munich. The amount of chanting about hillsborough etc was a fúcking disgrace. Really couldnt believe it.

Melion wrote: »
    Delighted with the result, and especially because i had €20 on Nando to get the first goal at 5/1. .

Me 2 :)

Just collected there. I heard a rumour that PP pay double the odds if they score 2 but I found out sadly that the first has to be in the first 15 minutes :(

I was in the paddock for the United game in September(about 30 feet away from the away fans), not once did i hear any mention of Munich. The amount of chanting about hillsborough etc was a fúcking disgrace. Really couldnt believe it.

Some liverpool fans prefer being a bit more physical with their abuse, such pissing on the United fans and throwing coke cans filled with sh!t at them. Liverpool have their share of scumbag fans, as all clubs do.

Exactly , I agree with you 100% but some football fans /people would not like you admit to that because it flys in the face of all that is good like ie, '' utd fans wouldent dare say that '' Oh but they do and probably the worst of the lot when it comes to disgusting football chants.

As mitch and I both agree on ,all teams have their set of disgusting fans

Some liverpool fans prefer being a bit more physical with their abuse, such pissing on the United fans and throwing coke cans filled with sh!t at them. Liverpool have their share of scumbag fans, as all clubs do.

How the hell does someone shít into a coke can? Surely thats impossible.

Maybe they had diarrohea??

• Advertisement

bad burgers giving them the runs perhaps?!:eek::eek::eek:

of course its possible, but unearthly disgusting. anyway, can we not do the whole munich v Hillsborough thing please. united and liverpool are not the worst offenders against each other. there maybe an element of it off the pitch and in pubs/firms etc but it rarely happens on the pitch, not even at the games. you have a minority of course you do, but people have some amount of chips on shoulders about it.

and before people start harping on about the united chats,they are aimed at shields and thats it. they have nothing to do with hillsborough.

Don't know how they did it - don't want to know either, but it happened.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Reminds me of that joke.. "What do you do if you take a dump in the shower? Push it down the plughole with your toes".

Don't know how they did it - don't want to know either, but it happened.

proof please.

proof please.

Yeah - my mates kept the cans.... They know they were pissed on and saw what was in the cans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement