Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

your mates were **** & urinated on?

or Utd fans were and you read about it online?

be honest now Tauren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    your mates were **** & urinated on?

or Utd fans were and you read about it online?

be honest now Tauren

Lads I am mates with from meeting them online, and since having met them at Old Trafford.

in that case, i'll call bull**** tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Melion wrote: »
    How the hell does someone shít into a coke can? Surely thats impossible.

Remember stories of that England coach who could sh1t in a plastic cup (which was on the floor) whilst squatting on the top of a wardrobe. As a party piece like. Was it Dave Sexton?

in that case, i'll call bull**** tbh.

fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Remember stories of that England coach who could sh1t in a plastic cup (which was on the floor) whilst squatting on the top of a wardrobe. As a party piece like. Was it Dave Sexton?
    It was the guy who was on Graham Taylors staff .Mind you gazza was in the squad then to .

Just to qualify a little more, i know for a fact you had never met any of these lads when said incident occured.

I'd imagine the true series of event was drinks cans (outside chance it was pre-bottled piss) and burgers/hotdogs etc were thrown at fans.

through online bull****ery, this morphed into piss & **** stuffed into cans (which is just nonsense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

Just to qualify a little more, i know for a fact you had never met any of these lads when said incident occured.

I'd imagine the true series of event was drinks cans (outside chance it was pre-bottled piss) and burgers/hotdogs etc were thrown at fans.

through online bull****ery, this morphed into piss & **** stuffed into cans (which is just nonsense)

i was at this game. i was not near the incidents. john o shea and rio were in the stands that day also iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Honestly don't understand how people think Lampard shouldn't have been sent off. He won the ball, yeah. But he went in studs in, and it was the sort of tackle that if he made any contact with the player its a leg breaker and potential career ending tackle. Referee was perfectly within the rules to give a red card and he was definitely right to do so. No use waiting around until someones career is over before clamping down on it. The red card will be rescinded on appeal though because he is an England international who plays for 1 of the big 4.

DSB wrote: »
    Honestly don't understand how people think Lampard shouldn't have been sent off. He won the ball, yeah. But he went in studs in, and it was the sort of tackle that if he made any contact with the player its a leg breaker and potential career ending tackle. Referee was perfectly within the rules to give a red card and he was definitely right to do so. No use waiting around until someones career is over before clamping down on it. The red card will be rescinded on appeal though because he is an England international who plays for 1 of the big 4.
    rescinded or it may well be rescinded because he didn't make contact with Alonso using his studs, his foot was actually slightly lower than alonso's and the contact came from Alonso kicking Lampard in the shin (Lampard having turned his foot away)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

DSB wrote: »
    Honestly don't understand how people think Lampard shouldn't have been sent off. Referee was perfectly within the rules to give a red card and he was definitely right to do so.

So let me get this straight. Your playing a match, there is a ball there to be hit and your opponent is a couple of feet away. The ball is about a foot and a half off the ground. You get the ball, your closest opponent doesn't even touch it and instead kicks you. Should you be sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i agree with the post above mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was two players going for the same ball (with intent to win the ball), no big deal except for Rileys intervention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    i was at this game. i was not near the incidents. john o shea and rio were in the stands that day also iirc.

That was an FA Cup game where the above is ment to have happened and if i remember correctly Rio was playing as big Crouch got in front of him to score the only goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

What has the above post got to do with the thread? I think everything to be discussed about this game has been. Done to death really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Lampards red has been recinded by the FA, are they not allowed punish Chelsea at all these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

This is only stand out post in this whole thread for me..

People have been bad mouthing Rafa all week for any number of reasons. They have been forming pretty drastic, and in my opinion, shameful conclusions about the club and Rafa.

They have, and I think SantryRed was one (apologies if you weren't), pretty much wrote him and the team off as a result of a few disappointing results.

Now, after a pretty one sided win that made Chelsea look extremely average and a total of 10 points from 4 matches against the 'big 4', not a single one of ye are willing to wind your neck in and admit that ye all over reacted.

I don't expect anyone to pretend that all is perfect as a result of this result but the over-reactions in recent weeks are shameful.
    Possibly the best post I've ever read on the soccer forum. A lot fo internet warriors out there who should take a look at themselves in the mirror. We had a bad January but we're still fighting for the league in Feb for the first time in years. Those calling for Rafa's head are mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Waster wrote: »
    Possibly the best post I've ever read on the soccer forum. A lot fo internet warriors out there who should take a look at themselves in the mirror. We had a bad January but we're still fighting for the league in Feb for the first time in years. Those calling for Rafa's head are mental.
    I for one think that post is so clueless.

I have been giving out about Benitez for a long time now. I made it clear that Liverpool under Benitez play better against better sides and that they drop points to the poorer teams in the Premier League. Last year they had the worst points total of the top four against the relegated sides.

For me it all comes down to the fact that Benitez will not just go for it against the weaker teams. No natural width in the team bar Riera means that the ten men behind the ball apporach will work against Liverpool.

Benitez weaknesses do not show themselves against the bigger teams, but he cannot beat the weak teams consistently enough to win a league. If Liverpool fans are happy to beat the big teams and then throw away all the points gained by such a feat by being mediocre against poor sides, well then you have the right man for the job, but if you want to win a league title you have to have a bit of flair and imagination about you, that is sadly lacking in all the Liverpool players bar Gerard and Torres and of course the man you sold a couple of days ago, who imo was never given the opportunity to show his true worth in the position he loves to play which is dropping off the front line and finding space.

I just feel when you look at Liverpool week in week out, you don't see the flair of an Arsenal or United, of Chelsea when they were on top, and of Aston Villa this season. It just looks like there is no imagination whatsoever and they are like drones constantly doing the same thing even though its clear that its not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

eagle eye wrote: »
    I for one think that post is so clueless.

I have been giving out about Benitez for a long time now. I made it clear that Liverpool under Benitez play better against better sides and that they drop points to the poorer teams in the Premier League. Last year they had the worst points total of the top four against the relegated sides.

For me it all comes down to the fact that Benitez will not just go for it against the weaker teams. No natural width in the team bar Riera means that the ten men behind the ball apporach will work against Liverpool.

Benitez weaknesses do not show themselves against the bigger teams, but he cannot beat the weak teams consistently enough to win a league. If Liverpool fans are happy to beat the big teams and then throw away all the points gained by such a feat by being mediocre against poor sides, well then you have the right man for the job, but if you want to win a league title you have to have a bit of flair and imagination about you, that is sadly lacking in all the Liverpool players bar Gerard and Torres and of course the man you sold a couple of days ago, who imo was never given the opportunity to show his true worth in the position he loves to play which is dropping off the front line and finding space.

I just feel when you look at Liverpool week in week out, you don't see the flair of an Arsenal or United, of Chelsea when they were on top, and of Aston Villa this season. It just looks like there is no imagination whatsoever and they are like drones constantly doing the same thing even though its clear that its not working.

is it not true that we are drawing the same amount or thereabouts of games since last season and in fact out achilles heel under rafa has been an inability to beat the bigger teams in england?
    I dont mind drawing against the smaller teams like Everton,its the beating of big teams like united and chelsea that is the big improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

eagle eye wrote: »
    I made it clear that Liverpool under Benitez play better against better sides and that they drop points to the poorer teams in the Premier League. Last year they had the worst points total of the top four against the relegated sides.

convinient stats to use when under benitez we have always been the worst of the "top 4" against the other memebers of the "top 4".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This thread is well over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement