Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Word is on a lot of the liverpool forums that Robbie is on his way to Spurs. Hopefully that will teach Parry to stay out of the football side of things in the future. Feel sorry for Robbie but unfortunatley he is'nt up to the job of playing for the most successful club in the country. Wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

bull****

keane is more than good enough.

benitez on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What about Hull then, played the full 90 and played sh*te at that game also.

While you are at it, fancy mentioning the games that Keane has been awful in?

eagle eye wrote: »
    But if Rafa is only giving Keane that short space of time to prove himself, then its only fair to expect to be treated similarly by the board when it comes to his own performance.

Think about that for a second..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Keane has the Ability but he is a confidene player and needs to playing regurarly and he's to0 simalar to Torres I said it at the time that he wouldn't suit the Pool and the price tag was crazy, whether Rafa got it wrong or didn't have a say I don't know but either way it was a bad bit of business, the Pool gave themselves a chance to push ahead at the top of the league but instead they have slipped down and behind Utd, another 20 million player could have made a difference but imo Rafa just doesn't know how to play away in this league and he will never win Liverpool the title, he could well win them the CL again though best manager in that competition by far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Villain wrote: »
    IMO its Rafa getting one up on Parry, showing who is the boss, i.e. don't bother signing players I don't want because I won't play them

I said that in the Liverpool thread during the week and a lot of people disagreed with it. I still think its the reason behind all this though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

While you are at it, fancy mentioning the games that Keane has been awful in?

Why has Bentiez has made allowances for kuyt? he played awful for most of the last two seasons in his natural position (albeit for personal reasons), yet he is given so many chances..He dosent give an inch of respect to a proven premiership striker who risked his career (for liverpool) by handing in a transfer request...

Keane should be playing today he has goal scoring experience against Chelsea.

Highsider wrote: »
    Word is on a lot of the liverpool forums that Robbie is on his way to Spurs. Hopefully that will teach Parry to stay out of the football side of things in the future. Feel sorry for Robbie but unfortunatley he is'nt up to the job of playing for the most successful club in the country. Wish him all the best.

Make sure you get plenty of mileage out of saying that over the next few months.

Make sure you get plenty of mileage out of saying that over the next few months.

Why, is anyone else going to win 2 european cups this season?

• Advertisement

Why has Bentiez has made allowances for kuyt? he played awful for most of the last two seasons in his natural position (albeit for personal reasons), yet he is given so many chances..He dosent give an inch of respect to a proven premiership striker who risked his career (for liverpool) by handing in a transfer request...

So he was poor due to personal issues and you cannot understand why he gave him a chance once he got past these issues? The fact that he has played extremely well for a large portion of this season and has scored some very important goals from out on the right is sort of proof that Rafa was right to give him another shot..

Keane should be playing today he has goal scoring experience against Chelsea.

I am going to use this for a second time on this thread, think about that statement for a second..

I am going to use this for a second time on this thread, think about that statement for a second..

How about you think about where Liverpool were in the league a month ago and how great Rafa's comments were and how the 20 million was so well spent on Keane and how its going to be another year without a league win and how many Utd will have won at the end of this season?

How about you think about where Liverpool were in the league a month ago and how great Rafa's comments were and how the 20 million was so well spent on Keane and how its going to be another year without a league win and how many Utd will have won at the end of this season?

I see what you tried to do there.. Good try..

I see what you done there.. Good try..

I dont, it was the longest sentence ever i think. I still cant understand it

Melion wrote: »
    Why, is anyone else going to win 2 european cups this season?

Europe is another story mate, this is the league we are talking about, leave the Champions league bragging rights out. IMO.

Europe is another story mate, this is the league we are talking about, leave the Champions league bragging rights out. IMO.

Why?

The original post was the most succesful team in the country(England obviously). That doesnt just go for the league titles im afraid.

• Advertisement

I dont, it was the longest sentence ever i think. I still cant understand it.

I fixed that for you.

When teams have to rely on history it says it all for this season :D

Nail on the head Villain, lets get out the history DVD's screw the future of the club.

Any particular reason the 2 of you are in here spoiling the thread?

Any particular reason the 2 of you are in here spoiling the thread?

Hardly ... Sour grapes ?? throw the toys out why dont you. You are going off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is it just me or did someone imply that Liverpool keeping Keane would be better than keeping Benitez...?

Has todays team been released yet FFS!!! ;)

Hardly ... Sour grapes ?? throw the toys out why dont you. You are going off topic.

Sour grapes because of...........?

Is it just me or did someone imply that Liverpool keeping Keane would be better than keeping Benitez...?

Just you im afraid, think keeping both would be best.

When teams have to rely on history it says it all for this season :D

When supporters of teams who's history pales in comparison to that of the club that they are slagging off, you really do have to wonder..

Sour grapes because of...........?

Are you still being breast feed or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just you im afraid, think keeping both would be best.

It was a rhetorical question.
    slingerz wrote: »
    bull****

keane is more than good enough.

benitez on the other hand...

When supporters of teams who's history pales in comparison to that of the club that they are slagging off, you really do have to wonder..

So when is the history going to be re-written for LFC...

IM OUT.

Wha?

Exactly your season must really be falling apart :D

Oh and I picked my team for my reasons, which wasn't glory hunting, I'm happy to support my team despite their history or their future, I suppose I could just start supporting Man Utd and then really slag you off!

Any team news

• Advertisement

Are you still being breast feed or something.

I might get an answer this time

Sour grapes because of..............?

Why do ex-pool United fans always post in Liverpool threads?

Lets not get into that. Dont want any pointless arguments in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've changed my mind for today, I hope Chelsea destroy you.

Exactly your season must really be falling apart :D

Oh and I picked my team for my reasons, which wasn't glory hunting, I'm happy to support my team despite their history or their future, I suppose I could just start supporting Man Utd and then really slag you off!

Any team news

Liverpool's season is falling apart.. Aston Villa are level with Liverpool having played 1 more game.. I don't really need to say anything more than that, do I?

There is a thread somewhere explaining how I ended up supporting Liverpool.. Unfortunately, it boils down to their jersey being red. Shameful I know ;)

No team news yet other than Keane being dropped. I imagine the teams will like up as follows:

Reina
    Arbeloa
    Skrtel
    Carra
    Aurelio
    Masch
    Alonso

Kuyt
    Gerard
    Riera

Torres

Babel may get the nod ahead of Riera..

Cech
    Bowsingwa
    Terry
    Alex
    Cole
    Mikel

Deco
    Ballack
    Lampard----Kalou----
    Drogba

Anelka may get the nod ahead of Drogba..

I can see Carra playing at right back, Sami and Skrtel in the middle. Chelsea have been very poor at defending set pieces lately. Sami will be a massive threat in there as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Any news on Keane. Is he in the squad today or not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

redout wrote: »

indo thinks he's on his way back to spurs

indo

Apparently not

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »

Just announced on Sky that he is dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Won't be watching this, but hopefully it's not the usual snorefest. I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

Just announced on Sky that he is dropped.

Thats a load of bollox in fairness. He was dropped for the game before last then played about 8mins mid-week and now dropped ! Rafa is an enigma. I dont get the chap at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If Keane is not in the squad, its an absolute joke. If Rafa didnt want to sign him, thats too bad. Hes part of the team and is better than all of our other strikers (bar Torres) so he should be in the squad. If this is a metaphorical two finger salute to Parry, its the wrong time to do it...and its only going to hurt the Liverpool team.

Keane didnt set the world alight, but he wasnt THAT bad. Just when he started to play well and score, he as been omitted from the team and now the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Tusky wrote: »
    If Keane is not in the squad, its an absolute joke. If Rafa didnt want to sign him, thats too bad. Hes part of the team and is better than all of our other strikers (bar Torres) so he should be in the squad. If this is a metaphorical two finger salute to Parry, its the wrong time to do it...and its only going to hurt the Liverpool team.

Keane didnt set the world alight, but he wasnt THAT bad. Just when he started to play well and score, he as been omitted from the team and now the squad.

Agree 100%...an absolute joke. I'd love to know what goes on in Rafa's mind sometimes...baffling stuff.

Keane must be gutted. Moved to his boyhood team and it turns into a nightmare. I dont feel sorry for him to be honest as I dont like the prick. I said at the time it was a mistake for Robbie moving to Pool as he is not a big team player. I think he was given a fair amount of games and things didnt go his way. Spurs was right for him and I think he will be on his way to a similar sort of team come the summer, maybe Villa. I dont see him staying past the summer unless there is an actual reason for him to have been omitted today. Rafa I am sure will confirm after the game that he was just dropped and not injured. I am more worried about his form going into the Georgia game in 10 days were we really need him.

EDIT: I am not saying he was given a fair crack of the whip but Rafa seems to be less tolerant to his performances than other managers might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Keane's only hope is if Rafa leaves the club and someone who rates him comes in.
    As a Spurs fan I felt let down when he left us last summer, but would welcome him back although I know a lot of small minded spurs fans on other forums hate his guts, but lets be honest, we are in dire need of him back at the lane, although can't see Defoe being to happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Tusky wrote: »

On the other hand if the speculation & his form of late has unsettled him and he's not in the right frame of mind then maybe he's better off not being in the squad until he can get his head together. An arm around him wouldn't go amiss but he won't get that from Rafa - maybe from Sammy but not from Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

20 million striker, left out...in one of the biggest games for Liverpool....

Dunno, maybe Rafa's car needed a wash.

Off to the pub now, wont be back til tomorrow(i hope). Everyone just remember
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=tk5fyBfUAhs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh and I picked my team for my reasons, which wasn't glory hunting.

Is this the only response you have? I hope you are going to ditch Villa if they make it into the Champions League....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement