Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Can't complain we werre awful. If your stupid enough to send a starting11 that couldnt break down boro at home to Anfield you deserve a good raping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

syngindub wrote: »
    how many shots on goal did chelsea have in this game? 1 i reckon

I think it was 1 alright, maybe 2 cos Kalou had one just before he went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

mike65 wrote: »
    Nando is back! Yossi with the assist and he has shown more craft than Kuyt did all day.
    it was actually cole who kicked the ball to torres benny was ready to shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Will people now claim Rafa's rant as genius as it clearly effected the ref?? ;)

Nah, Riley has always been a sh1t ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I am feckin' delighted, delighted I am. Haha! I don't know what to do, apart from just jump around smiling!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

selpher wrote: »
    Can't complain we werre awful. If your stupid enough to send a starting11 that couldnt break down boro at home to Anfield you deserve a good raping.

+1

I dont care how much of a whinger Drogba is, he needs to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is this the year, Liverpool fans? :D Can ye feel it in yer bones???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Chelsea have big problems. Drogba done absolutely nothing when he came off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Chelsea didn't even get as far as trying to break Liverpool down IMO.

When I said "break teams down", I meant it to apply to the likes of Stoke (which was a damn close one) who Chelsea had ample opportunity to attack, but couldn't find a way through (well, until the last few minutes).

With a team like 'Pool who are a few steps up from Stoke, you're not going to get that many opportunities, obviously, so that's where you need that extra dimension of creativity.

It's that extra dimension which we haven't seen from Chelsea since, well, the 'Pool match at Stamford Bridge back in October/November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Twas one heck of a retarded sending off..

Delighted with the result though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

jonny24ie wrote: »

They need proper wingers, why they ever sold Robben is beyond me.

Avram Grant said he told Mourinho not to sell Robben on the Spanish football on Sky about 3 weeks ago. In fairness though Robben is the glass man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

redout wrote: »
    Avram Grant said he told Mourinho not to sell Robben on the Spanish football on Sky about 3 weeks ago. In fairness though Robben is the glass man.

Robben is playing great stuff for R.Madrid

back to the game

Did chelsea even test Reina ?

I Didnt really mind the Robben transfer cause he wanted to go, but to replace him with Malouda or Kalou ( Kalouda if you will) was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

redout wrote: »
    They should of never sold Duff

If Jamie Redknapp doesn't stfu I'll have a 32" Sony that needs repairing in a minute...:mad:

• Advertisement

I Didnt really mind the Robben transfer cause he wanted to go, but to replace him with Malouda or Kalou ( Kalouda if you will) was a joke.

Malouda really is a stocking of sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Stick it Mike. And for all Liverpool fans of little faith. Ye are all a disgrace.

Ya silly tit*! That was my way of geting Liverpool to score as I didn't wan't to leave the room. Chill pill methinks.

*mods I mean this in jest, just in case you need it pointing out to you.

If Jamie Redknapp doesn't stfu I'll have a 32" Sony that needs repairing in a minute...:mad:

Do elaborate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is he still talking about steve G tackle that was worse than lampard

Robben is playing great stuff for R.Madrid

back to the game

Did chelsea even test Reina ?
    mickey mouse league:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Malouda really is a stocking of sh1te.

Genuine lol, that's a phrase I'm going to try adopt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

its almost as retarded as Gullit claiming that Alonso actually fouled Lampard for the sending off!

Everything in general about Redknapp Jr is top top triffic. He keeps speaking over Guillit, when the Dutchman clearly has more to say than JT - triffic, Franky - triffic, Gerrard - triffic.

He is such a waste of a subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dave! wrote: »
    Is this the year, Liverpool fans? :D Can ye feel it in yer bones???

No it probably isn't. But so long as it is better than last year, and next year is better than this year...

blood is thicker than water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lampard's challenge was a foul. His foot was about a foot off the ground and his studs were up. Never a sending off.

Bosingwa should have been sent off and be facing an extra ban. It was indefensible and the linesman should be struck off.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No it probably isn't. But so long as it is better than last year, and next year is better than this year...
    were in far better shape than we were in the summer of 04 thats for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    Ya silly tit*! That was my way of geting Liverpool to score as I didn't wan't to leave the room. Chill pill methinks.

*mods I mean this in jest, just in case you need it pointing out to you.

IC. I'm all chilled out now of course. :)

That little outburst was an accumulation of frustration over the last few weeks - not just for the 90 mins today. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

One thing I will say, that may upset a few, I think Riera was terrible today and is not up to the standard of Liverpool. Reminds me of Ryan Babel. Can't seem to beat his man. Gives away possession far to cheaply and tries tricks that hardly pay off.

Yossi Benayoun came on for him and made a real difference.

One thing I will say, that may upset a few, I think Riera was terrible today and is not up to the standard of Liverpool. Reminds me of Ryan Babel. Can't seem to beat his man. Gives away possession far to cheaply and tries tricks that hardly pay off.

hes a poor mans gareth barry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Happy now..?? We win against a top four team and should have scored earlier.

I wonder how happy Alex Ferguson is now.

What about benni being attacked at the end... He should have been banned for life for that/

All Mike 'Muscle Man' Riely did today was stop us digging out a dull 0-0. All we managed was 2 maybe 3 shots on target. And the sad thing is thats probably the most against any of the top 4 teams all season for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Definitely agree ! He was very poor on the ball.

Was delighted for Torres coz of the recurring injury this season. Hopefully he'll get us a few more over the remaining games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Happy now..?? We win against a top four team.

I'm sure he's fine. There was nothing extra today to worry him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think I'm the only person out there who thinks it might have been a red. I thought he went into the tackle, off the ground, with studs up. Yes he got the ball, but if he didn't, it was the type of tackle that could cause serious injury.
    This is not to say that the ref didn't have a shocking match and if that was a red there could easily have been three more
    Also, how did Boswinga not get sent off for that red on your mans back.

Great win for Liverpool, well deserved. Chelsea's attack just couldn't do much, and Gerrard and Torres were playing really well.

Torres deserved his goal, good to see him coming back from injury like that.

IMO, Chelsea are now out of the title race. Liverpool have gotten a big big result today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone watching Sky will have seen that Rafa and Redknapp have more or less confirmed in the past 3mins that Keane is a gonner.

Delighted i'd imagine, what with his team being 2 points clear with a game in hand

He's playing really well, has found his feet and has a lot to offer. Can change a game as we seen today.

PHB wrote: »
    IMO, Chelsea are now out of the title race. Liverpool have gotten a big big result today.

Agreed, unfortunately

• Advertisement

eddiehead wrote: »
    Delighted i'd imagine, what with his team being 2 points clear with a game in hand

Dont think so myself. pressure is on man utd now.

I think I'm the only person out there who thinks it might have been a red. I thought he went into the tackle, off the ground, with studs up. Yes he got the ball, but if he didn't, it was the type of tackle that could cause serious injury.

Nah I completely disagree with you. The ball was on the ground. There was no chance of a serious injury because his foot was no where near being trappped on the ground.

I'd love if that was true, but its absolutely not:confused:

How?:confused:

There's more pressure on Liverpool to prove there out of this slump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Delighted with the result. Thought we were better in the first half and better in the second half before the sending off.

Benayoun should definitely be starting ahead of Kuyt at this stage. He has offered more in his cameos than Kuyt has in months. I'd love to see someone else get a prolonged stint in that RWF position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Also, how did Boswinga not get sent off for that red on your mans back.

Can the FA take retrospective action or are they powerless if the ref does not note an incident?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Really? We can lose the game in hand and still be on top, stop talking nonsense.

Disagree as well, given the relative form of the top three teams of late.

If United had established a hefty lead, and Liverpool and Chelsea had been closing in, then I'd agree, but United have come from behind those two with an incredible streak of games, and there's little to make it look like it'll end any time soon.

If 'Pool can close in to one or two points (with equal games played) then United will start to feel the pressure, but I think, right now, they know they're in a great position and won't be too worried.

BRING BACK AVRAM!!!

BRING BACK AVRAM!!!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves

eddiehead wrote: »
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves

:pac:

What the f**k did that man do wrong?

• Advertisement