Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac:

What the f**k did that man do wrong?

He looked like he was undead.

How was that to motivate anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

redout wrote: »
    Anyone watching Sky will have seen that Rafa and Redknapp have more or less confirmed in the past 3mins that Keane is a gonner.
    ??

Will robbie keane be a livepool player come monday evening

raffa: I think so.

??

What did Boswinga do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Motivated us a lot better than the world cup winner did today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disappointed with the result as a draw would have been great. I tell you Liverpool should thank their lucky stars. What was that about United getting dodgy decisions at home? It was never a red card for Lampard. In fact, Gerrard was the one who should have been sent off. His dive was a digrace but then again he's been a cheat for years so it was no surprise. However he also should have been booked for that OTT lunge of his which was ten times worse than Lampard's challenge. Lucky, lucky Rafa.

On the bright side, should United win the game in hand over Chelsea then that should see Scolari's side out of the race. It will be a two-horse battle with Liverpool and I don't see Liverpool having the legs for the final hurdle. If Gerrard of Torres get injuries then they are in deep you know what whereas United have big players set to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A great win for Liverpool today, as others have said they were the only team who tried to win the match, and im delighted that they got their rewards in the end.

Torres again showing his undoubted class, a top quality striker, and Liverpool will always be in with a chance of winning this league if himself and Gerrard can remain injury free together.

I don't think Lampard should have been sent off,and it adds insult to Lampard that Bosingwa got away with nothing for taking his frustration out in the worst way possible. The Lampard red card obviously had an impact on the game - although even before it Liverpool were the only team that looked like winning.

As an Irish fan im not happy with the treatment Robbie Keane has been getting, although his performances could have been much better, i still don't feel he has been given enough time in his position to make an impact. If it is true that rafa did not want to sign him, well its a bit more understandable since i feel that Liverpool would be in a much better position if they had a player like Gareth Barry available to them.

Im hoping this win is the win that take Liverpool out of their recent slump and that they go on to challenge United for the title, i feel that they are the only 2 clubs that have a chance of lifting the trophy.

Well done Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,723 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Dont think so myself. pressure is on man utd now.

:D Hilarious :D

Delighted with the result today, confirmed my suspisions that Chelsea are finished.

Judging by the muck that was on display there today, United will have the league wrapped up with at least 3 games to spare.

Notable mention for Gerrard and his cheating ways again, he should really get all the stick he deserves, shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what I take from the game besides the great Liverpool win

That cech isnt the goalie he use to be thats for sure

i always judged him as one of the best around but since the hunt accident

he's gone down hill

another thing is Chelsea need an overhall over new bloody
    Im not sure is scolari the man to be leader of that tbh

Essien is major loss too
    i dought ballack would be near that squad if Essien was fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ntlbell wrote: »
    ??

Will robbie keane be a livepool player come monday evening

raffa: I think so.

??

Rafa's I think so along with Redknapps comments before the match then Gullit again after the match and Richard Keys jumping in both times to cut it off immediately. There is 100% talks going on with Spurs at the least and Redknapp more or less stuck his foot in it before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Disappointed with the result as a draw would have been great. I tell you Liverpool should thank their lucky stars. What was that about United getting dodgy decisions at home? It was never a red card for Lampard. In fact, Gerrard was the one who should have been sent off. His dive was a digrace but then again he's been a cheat for years so it was no surprise. However he also should have been booked for that OTT lunge of his which was ten times worse than Lampard's challenge. Lucky, lucky Rafa.

On the bright side, should United win the game in hand over Chelsea then that should see Scolari's side out of the race. It will be a two-horse battle with Liverpool and I don't see Liverpool having the legs for the final hurdle. If Gerrard of Torres get injuries then they are in deep you know what whereas United have big players set to come back.

I wouldn't really say lucky lucky Rafa...Chelsea never looked like scoring...even with 11 men...Liverpool were the only team with ambition today and they got what they deserved.

Liverpool actually beat United this season without Gerrard and Torres!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac:

What the f**k did that man do wrong?

My problem is not with bringing him back, its with getting rid of Scolari. Ive never agreed with clubs sacking a manager after a dodgy first few months so I dont plan on changing that attitude when Its my club in question. He probably will be sacked, but Id rather give a manager a decent spell in charge before getting rid.

Boggles wrote: »
    :D Hilarious :D

Delighted with the result today, confirmed my suspisions that Chelsea are finished.

Judging by the muck that was on display there today, United will have the league wrapped up with at least 3 games to spare.

Notable mention for Gerrard and his cheating ways again, he should really get all the stick he deserves, shameful.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

eddiehead wrote: »
    My problem is not with bringing him back, its with getting rid of Scolari. Ive never agreed with clubs sacking a manager after a dodgy first few months so I dont plan on changing that attitude when Its my club in question. He probably will be sacked, but Id rather give a manager a decent spell in charge before getting rid.

I dunno, as poor as some of the players he's stuck with (and keeps playing week after week after week...) are, I still think you could get more out of them than he is.. This is more or less the same squad that barely lost out to a great Man U side on 2 fronts a few months ago.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

So Gerrard didn't cheat today?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I just copied and pasted my comments from another site I use more often then this now so.... yeah can't be arsed typing up similar comments.

Gerrard's dive was horribly disgraceful. Deserves the stick he will get as far as my concerned.

Lamps didn't deserve to get sent off but the old saying of what goes around comes around springs to mind. Chelsea and every non-L'pool supporter blab on about Garcia's Ghost goal if you will yet somehow forget all the **** that went againist us in the past vs Chelsea at Anfield.
    Tiago's handball in 05, Lampard breaking guess who, Xabi Alonso's ankle in again 05. Last season Malouda being a complete c**t.

Too be honest I will hold my hands up and say I thought it was pretty much game over when the red card was flashed as Chelsea were going nowhere and basically camping in their own half cause of our pressure being applied. We have been in **** form etc etc I just wasn't confident but Fernando Torres :blush: I love that guy so so much along with Alonso.
    Overall though we deserved the win. All I want at the very least is to fight for the title. A damn fight to the end. The OT game coming up in a few weeks or bit more isn't it? Should be interesting, a bit more than usual.

Oh have to say, as an Alex fan he was sensational, best Chelsea player on the day says a lot about the rest of their team but even still...

Lastly..........

His Armband said he was a Red, Torres, Torres
    YNWA it said, Torres, Torres
    We bought the lad from sunny Spain
    He gets the ball, he scores again
    FERNANDO TORRES, LIVERPOOL'S NO.9

I love that guy so much... :D

PS: Yossi well chuffed for you lad, I've been one of his biggest defenders on other sites so I'm extra chuffed. You've been awesome this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Do you think Liverpool fans care about whether you believe he cheated or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gerrard getting a yellow for diving was pretty hilarious. he should never have said anything about diving and watnot, now everytime he does it the daggers are out. thought it was a crap enough game. delighted for fernando!! gonna have to hope liverpool get a bit of a run going and that other teams can stifle utd somehow

he went down easily alright but there are far worse in the league. Everyone knows the culprits.

Would you take a dive to win your side a peno?

I know I would every day of the week.

Practice makes perfect as the saying goes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

His dive was a digrace but then again he's been a cheat for years so it was no surprise

Cop yourself on ffs

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

not at all liverpool fans only seem to care when ronaldo is cheating...

Oh have to say, as an Alex fan he was sensational, best Chelsea player on the day says a lot about the rest of their team but even still...

100% agree with this. Thought he showed a lot of heart and determination today. Great game.

No I presume they wouldn't, but I would hazard and a guess and also presume Liverpool fans are not the only ones that use this forum.

And I'm sure you give a **** when they complain about it. Modern players dive. Hate to see it as when I (try to!) play football the idea of going over of my own accord never even enters my thought process. But it's part of the game at the highest levels now and that ain't going to change. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

I just copied and pasted my comments from another site I use more often then this now so.... .
    whats the site then? Are we not good enough for you?

Dcully wrote: »
    Cop yourself on ffs

What exactly do you disagree with in what I said? Cop yourself on maybe.

• Advertisement

What exactly do you disagree with in what I said? Cop yourself on maybe.

I disagree with your spouting that hes been a cheat for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

lets not get in to a gerrard /ronaldo cheating argument i have a feeling its been done before

Vice a versa with Mancs and Gerrard.

Anyway going to bite my tongue as say nothing else, I for one as Liverpool supporter have already said my piece on Gerrard's dive today.

And I'm sure you give a **** when they complain about it. Modern players dive. Hate to see it as when I (try to!) play football the idea of going over of my own accord never even enters my thought process. But it's part of the game at the highest levels now and that ain't going to change. Yawn.

of course but didn't stevie G come out and claim how much he dislikes cheaters etc?

i don't think ronaldo gives out lectures on people diving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't care that Gerrard dives. Honestly dont. Top players do it, and every team has divers, and they are all as bad as each other because they are willing to simulate being fouled to gain an advantage.

That said, I do love the poetry of his hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

In fact, Gerrard was the one who should have been sent off. His dive was a digrace but then again he's been a cheat for years so it was no surprise.

You would be well qualified to recognise that being a UTD fan if that is what you are.

Vice a versa with Mancs and Gerrard.

Anyway going to bite my tongue as say nothing else, I for one as Liverpool supporter have already said my piece on Gerrard's dive today.

As I said I wouldn't have a problem with gerrard cheating if he didn't look down his nose and comment on others who do cheat when he's at it himself.

I disagree with your spouting that hes been a cheat for years

Then I'd ask you to take a look at this:

of course but didn't stevie G come out and claim how much he dislikes cheaters etc?

i don't think ronaldo gives out lectures on people diving...

Ok cool, your moral high horse is higher so because his cheating is worse. Agreed.

syngindub wrote: »
    whats the site then? Are we not good enough for you?

No your not good enough... :P

Seriously though I'll post the link so long as I'm allowed to. Done that once elsewhere and was banned, okay banned like 5 times(606 :pac:) It's not a Liverpool site incase you or anyone thinks so.

No your not good enough... :P

Seriously though I'll post the link so long as I'm allowed to. Done that once elsewhere and was banned, okay banned like 5 times(606 :pac:) It's not a Liverpool site incase you or anyone thinks so.

Just link us to the match day discussion thread for today's game on that forum. :)

Ok cool, your moral high horse is higher so because his cheating is worse. Agreed.

No it's not who's a worse cheat.

it's one doesn't get on his "moral high horse" and claim he doesn't do it when he blatantly does look at the you tube clip for an example

Then I'd ask you to take a look at this:

sigh here we go, im guesiing your the type who has a full library of gerrards negatives , all on video and neatly bookmarked to to bring out to fight you case.

I couldnt give a crap about a video made by moron who dislikes him, infact i couldnt give a crap how often he dives once he does his stuff on the pitch, like he did today, he was immense yet again.

I always wonder why united fans bother posting on a Liverpool match thread:confused:

I always wonder why united fans bother posting on a Liverpool match thread:confused:

i always wonder why people wonder why fans of oposing teams post on the opposing teams match thread

they probably do it for the same reasons fans of all teams post on united threads and various other ones?

• Advertisement

No it's not who's a worse cheat.

it's one doesn't get on his "moral high horse" and claim he doesn't do it when he blatantly does look at the you tube clip for an example
    Whatever, who cares? This is all stupid **** that is a waste of time thinking and talking about. I don't read interviews with players or managers because they're always bollocks in some way or another (yes, this includes Liverpool squad and management aswell). So I ain't clicking that youtube clip. I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong. Happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Because we watch other matches?

Because Liverpool are our nearest league challengers?

Oh and it's a Liverpool and Chelsea match thread.

sigh here we go, im guesiing your the type who has a full library of gerrards negatives , all on video and neatly bookmarked to to bring out to fight you case.

I couldnt give a crap about a video made by moron who dislikes him, infact i couldnt give a crap how often he dives once he does his stuff on the pitch, like he did today, he was immense yet again.

No I'm just a football fan who doesn't like seeing this football player, who happens to be a notable England international, getting away with murder with regards to his diving. You're the one taking issue with me saying he has been cheating for years. He has. That's why if you type in 'Gerrard diving' into Youtube you'll get tons of videos for your viewing pleasure.

But hey you defend the cheater if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Utd fans eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Gerrard dived? Who cares, it didn't affect the result.

And it was a great result.

9pts from 9 against the "big 2" this season.

PiE wrote: »
    Gerrard dived? Who cares, it didn't affect the result.

And it was a great result.

9pts from 9 against the "big 2" this season.

and 2 from 6 against the big stoke

it's all relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

No I'm just a football fan who doesn't like seeing this football player, who happens to be a notable England international, getting away with murder with regards to his diving. You're the one taking issue with me saying he has been cheating for years. He has. That's why if you type in 'Gerrard diving' into Youtube you'll get tons of videos for your viewing pleasure.

Most people are saying who cares and that a lot of players do it unfortunately...why don't you go back to youtube and type in Ronaldo for some more viewing pleasure.

SWAR wrote: »
    Most people are saying who cares and that a lot of players do it unfortunately...why don't you go back to youtube and type in Ronaldo for some more viewing pleasure.

what you wont find on youtube is ronaldo giving out lecture's on diving and claiming that if his team mates did he would "av a word"

Yeah was emailed the video by a Manc mate of mine, stopped watching once I saw the site Red Cafe... considered United's main forum/site for the majority of their fans.

Says a lot about the site that they went to the trouble of making such a video eh ;) Might be another United sight but I saw another one ages ago selling anti-Liverpool/Gerrard t-shirts as well :pac:

• Advertisement

You make it sound as if he the only one at it.
    A few dives in his career and you say hes been cheating for years?
    All this from someone who has his sig linked to "stephen Ireland [Superman]" vid
    Kinda ironic when you say "who happens to be a notable England international" yet your hero thinks hes above playing for his country,atleast Gerrard nomatter what you think of him is proud of his country and to play for them :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement