Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a value graphics card for a Windows 7 desktop

Options
  • 30-01-2009 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Not a gamer, want a decent graphics card for my new Windows 7 OS on my old E520 Dell desktop as the old one (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO 256Mb) is on the way out.

My Desktop :

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
    Clock Speed 1.9GHz
    L2 Cache Size 2048
    3GB RAM

Budget about €100

Seen this one here on the building and upgrading forum ? : http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1773190/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-4830-512-mb-ddr.html

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ATI HD 4850s should be around that price band, but may require more power than the E520 ships with - check your power supply. I think the 4850 at least needs a 350W supply with a 6-pin power connector, or 2 spare DVD/HDD-drive power leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

i only have one spare HD power .. should I get the 4830 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Wait till 7 actually comes out. There will be something better and cheaper by that time. Unless of course you REALLY want it for the beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're not a gamer forget anything in that price band - this is the absolute tops I would go, I'd also take a look at the 4350.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

If you're not a gamer forget anything in that price band - this is the absolute tops I would go, I'd also take a look at the 4350.

Agreed
    I got the http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=386396 and love it
    If you're not a gamer no point in splashing out big cash:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The windows 7 beta runs grand on my netbook. If that thing can handle it then any old piece of shít graphics card will do as long as you can get drivers for it.

Advertisement