Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballers - where are they now?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Gabriel Batistuta lives here in Perth with his family. Haven't bumped into him yet though.
    Whats he doing there, I know he retired finally but is he involved with soccer over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nope no interest in football whatsoever. Just lives here as a man of leisure apparently.

Fair play, he can well afford it anyways. The best ever footballer to live in Australia imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Zaph wrote: »
    Good player he was, sad to see that things didn't turn out great for him after he quit football. I used to enjoy Standing Room Only, the show his ex-missus Shelley Webb co-presented, but nobody I've spoken to about it seems to remember it at all. It was kind of like a tv equivalent of When Saturday Comes (the magazine, not the crap Sean Bean film).

I remember that. BBC2 program at around 6.45 on a Thursday if I remember correctly, very entertaining at the time I thought.

Luther Blisset, now there is a 'what is he doing now I wonder' candidate? I could google, but want to see if anyone has independently heard....

5starpool wrote: »
    I remember that. BBC2 program at around 6.45 on a Thursday if I remember correctly, very entertaining at the time I thought.

Luther Blisset, now there is a 'what is he doing now I wonder' candidate? I could google, but want to see if anyone has independently heard....
    I don't have a notion either without googling. Wasn't there something about the time that he joined AC Milan of a mix up or something and that they meant to sign somebody else. I'm not sure on this but it might have been John Barnes and they got the players mixed up. I know he was a big star for Watford at the time but I remember something like that coming out a couple of years afterwards.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I remember something along those lines too, but can't remember exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Frisbee wrote: »
    Chadwick - I really can't see anyone caring, he was useless tbf.

Just like I'll be somewhat fond of Forlan for those goals against Liverpool, I'll be fond of Chadwick for his goal against Leeds. Also he came through the system so I'd hope he does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well what really sickens me here is the guy who said

Neill Webb? Who?

yep, shocking aint it.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    And a sad reflection on the knowledge of some people on here.

would you believe we were singing a neil webb song at one of the games recently?? :)
    spot on. anyway, on topic....the reality of what some past players pre the tv era have to do to earn a living is shocking.

i wonder what David Busst is up to. poor poor lad, must do some research on him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

5starpool wrote: »

We are all Luther Blissett. :D

I'd say the Barnes/Blissett story is surely an urban myth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Matty holland - Irish leg and great guy and at the tender age of 34 it turns out he's still playing for charlton athletic. (Thought he would of retired by know when i looked it up)

Advertisement