Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED v Fluorescent light Q

• 30-01-2009 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I'm building up a model to show the financial impact of moving from fluorescent light to LED for a certain amount of illuminated displays.

What i have at the mo is a display unit that carries 5 8watt fluorescent tubes. I need some sort of conversion factor that gives me the total amount of power (watt) needed to produce the same amount of light using LED's. Clear as muck? I thought so.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Thats a bit unclear,
    Can you give more information???
    LEDs are more effiecient, but depending on the use they mighted be the best solution no matter how cheap,
    the floursecent, what type colour are you using, what is the practical use of these, are they to light a room? focus on a area on a room?, provide reading light?, are you using them to highlight some architectural item?.....
    depending on the useage will also have a huge impact on the number of LEDs you will need.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Bear in mind that LED's are very directional, so this can either add to the cost or subtract from it, based on the specifications of the installation.

Advertisement