Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acting classes dublin

• 30-01-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

what is best place in dublin to learn how to act

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

The Gaiety School of Acting is probably the most highly regarded. Plenty of courses to choose from.

http://www.gaietyschool.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 little_miss_sun

The Abbey School of acting is also very good as well. I've been to both schools and I prefer the Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KarmaGal

As a seasoned thes would highly recommend the Abbey School and its very well priced. Also RADA do short courses over the summetime in the UK.I attended the Gaitey also but found it to be too found of mulla plus some students in my class were not meant to be actors but the tutors would insist they had potential and push them into doing other courses to get more money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Didn't know the Abbey were training actors again!

BTW 'Mulla' is money i presume? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I would NOT recommend the Gaeity part time courses unless you know next to nothing about acting. I can't speak for the full time ones.

The GSA is after revenue not turning out the finest talent which might represent them, which is fair enough, but don't let the name pull you in. I've spoken to plenty of people in the know and different people on separate occasions have all said the same.

Saying that, I've never heard the Abbey pop up. But I've no experience of the Abbey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aisbing

There are professional acting classes starting on Tuesday 28th April in North Dublin Studios. Everything from improvisation, script analysis, acting for tv and stage acting if you are interested. Classes given by well known Dublin Producer. You can book a place by contacting me at aislingmarlow@gmail.com for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Pikasso wrote: »
    Didn't know the Abbey were training actors again!

BTW 'Mulla' is money i presume? :confused:

Think she meant 'Mula'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DYT

Dublin Youth Theatre auditions for new members from 14 - 22 years of age who live in Dublin every September. For more information see
    http://www.bebo.com/DublinYouthTheatre1

Advertisement