Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Wireless Network.

Options
  • 30-01-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Can this be done or am I dreaming? :D

Is there anything in the line of a wireless switch that can be used to achieve the following?

I have a 4 prot wireless router/modem with 2 machines hard wired to the router. I have a third machine in another room connected wirelessly to the same router. I want to put 6 RJ45 sockets into yet another room but if at all possible I want to avoid cabling all the way from the existing router (really awkward cable run).

Is there such a thing as a multi-port switch that I could wire the six sockets to that would be able to communicate with the existing wireless router wirelessly?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

Advertisement