Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Bizarre Thing Accomplished While Drunk?

Options
  • 30-01-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

What is the absolute most bizarre thing you've accomplished while drunk or witnessed being accomplished by a person who was inebriated?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Climbed on top of some scaffolding to retrieve a balloon just to woo a random lass........no wait that didn't happen.....damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Climbed and subsequently fell off a 12ft wall onto my face. Don't know why I'm alive... maybe I'm invincible:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I built a bridge using heavy machinery, then drove my car across it to perform unlicensed surgery and made it up the stairs without falling down them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Once swam way out to sea to rescue some mates in a dinghy who had run out of petrol. It was Paddys day in the Carribean and they were floating around in the dinghy wondering what to do. We were all hammered and it was 2 in the morning. They were so hammered that they'd forgot that the skipper had told us all there the oars were padlocked down to prevent them getting nicked but that the keys to the locks where in the bow of the dinghy.

In hindsight it was a daft thing to do but at the same time the lads were drifting out to sea in the pitch dark. We all laugh about it now but it coulda been a lot more serious for me or them.

I once woke up in my neighbours garden.

Not on their bench but under it..... scary times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I once woke up in my neighbours garden.

Not on their bench but under it..... scary times.

That makes sence, it would keep you dry if it was raining!!!! but you would lose a sh1tload of bodyheat to the ground!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Sleeping in the drivers seat of an old mini, doesn't sound like much but the rest of the car was jam packed with spare parts. Wasn;t the most restful sleep!

That makes sence, it would keep you dry if it was raining!!!! but you would lose a sh1tload of bodyheat to the ground!!!

Twas in the summer & it wasn't raining.... :o when I was like 17. Rotten drunk & was a Sunday the morning after.

Worst part was my neighbour coming to cut her grass and her getting the fright of her life. Get stick to this day for it. Lucky they are sound people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Seen a drunk lad run from the cops and his shoe came off mid chase,he managed to kick his shoe up in front of him and caught it without stopping.

Still got caught but he had the admiration of all the drunks watching,and the gardai aswell.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Your fathers other half?

I woke up one morning to find my shoes on the wrong feet with random socks on. Dont know how that happened. They werent even my socks. My ass didnt hurt thankfully, otherwise Id be very worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

myself and a friend of mine decided we wanted to get the hanging basekts off the lamposts in the town, so she climbed up a drainpipe, landed on a porch over a door, pulled me up after her and I jumped onto a lampost and swiped the whole basket of panseys. Havent a notion where it is now, lost it before I got home.
    there seems to be a lot of climbing involved in theres sort of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

An erection?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Woke up yesterday morning still drunk from Wednesdays antics....but there was a hammer on the floor...how it got there I do not know!

Was in lanzarotee with friends a few years back and grabbed a goal post thing thinking it was wooden, it was steel and the whole thing fell on me and landed on my head, next thing I remember was being dragged across the sand by two friends...Ah drunkiness!

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Woke up yesterday morning still drunk from Wednesdays antics....but there was a hammer on the floor...how it got there I do not know!

Was in lanzarotee with friends a few years back and grabbed a goal post thing thinking it was wooden, it was steel and the whole thing fell on me and landed on my head, next thing I remember was being dragged across the sand by two friends...Ah drunkiness!

Gotta love random items turning up in the ol room :)

Construction cones were the norm growing up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I was in Edinburgh for a summer a few years back and there was a story on the news of how some Scottish League 2 team's dugout was stolen on Saturday night.

Can you imagine waking up on a Sunday morning hungover, turning over seeing a full dugout next to your bed. That's the stuff legends are made of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'd answer the question (having done many mad things!) but the answers would come back to haunt me when I run for Cowan's seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

yore ma

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

I once drove a taxi through the streets of Lueven, Belguim (which is incidentally where they make Stella). The taxi driver took an epileptic fit while bringing us back to our accomodation and asked me to drive the rest of the way! Nay bother says I!

I just about managed to get us back in one piece, then the driver was feeling better and was able to drive away himself. He still charged us the fare!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive often found it quite miraculous that ive even just managed to get home. especially a couple of times in college when i wasnt sure of my address & didnt know the directions from town. an achievement to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Gotta love random items turning up in the ol room :)

I had friends coming over to Galway for a piss up one weekend. I got in before them cos i was hammered, i went str8 to bed and i left the door open for them cos they didnt have a key.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a kid laughing and a dog barking. Firstly i thought it was coming from outside but i went downstairs, the front door was wide open and i went into the living room and there was a kid no older than six and dog in my living room!!!!

I had to get the kid and dog out of my house. So if anybody saw me in standing at the front door in my jocks letting a kid and a dog out of my house id be arrested on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Made a prefectly coherent and intelligent acceptance speech at a Law Ball in 3rd year (winning football competition) in front of 200 people inc..lectures, professors, visiting HIgh Court judge..

Completely hammered and no recollection of it or the ensuing 20 mins conversation with the head of the department.

ps. I was even congratulated the following week for my eloquence by the Professor....which I may add I also missed as I was skipping lectures:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Managing to get it up after 2 bottles of Buckfast is always an accomplishment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Beat some lad at a trick shot in pool, was pissed off me face, he was sober, had a little bag and all for his special cue.

He missed.

I could barely hold the bandy ucd cue I was given and knocked it in, oh how we laughed at him.

Honestly, I think its bizarre when I get a girl when I'm in the state I often end up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

A friend of mine woke up, put on the same clothes he had on the night before, found this metal yoke in his back pocket, no idea how it got there... threw it up on the table and forgot about it...

That week there was a story in the local paper about vandals who were stealing the letters in the signs above shops in the town, one of which had lost their apostrophe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Broke into a well protected building site and climbed a crane almost top to bottom.

I passed it a few days later and I'm convinced that if I did it sober i'd be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Degag wrote: »
    A friend of mine woke up, put on the same clothes he had on the night before, found this metal yoke in his back pocket, no idea how it got there... threw it up on the table and forgot about it...

That week there was a story in the local paper about vandals who were stealing the letters in the signs above shops in the town, one of which had lost their apostrophe!!!
    Now thats brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Managing to get it up after 2 bottles of Buckfast is always an accomplishment

Bringing it up is quite easy though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

While i was in Vienna, i was staying with a guy whose parents had separated. Monday to Friday was in the mother's house , weekends at his Dad's upmarket apartment.
    We hit the club circuit on a tuesday evening , next day i woke up in his dad's apartment on my own.

And I walked with a limp for a while.Never did figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have a habit of sleeping in strange places when I roll home pished, I woke in my wardrobe with the door pulled in behind me and I woke under the kitchen table with all 6 chairs pulled neatly in behind me, I live alone as well so had no help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I cooked a perfect cheese pizza. I mean it was actually golden, I couldn't have got it like that if I was sober enough to be multi-tasking!

Completed a music session, on a beach, in Kewrry, in the dark, beside a bonfire, with a guitar that had 2 broken strings, by singing "Raglan Road" and singing it well! I had to crawl home an hour later, taking a detour into every hedge between the beach and my house at the time.

Advertisement