Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

air fares argentina

• 30-01-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question for yee...

When looking up prices for internal flights in Argentina using the aerolinas website, if i put country of residence to the Uk on the site (no ireland option) i get a fare price way in excess of the price i get if i put the country of residence to Argentina...

Are europeans charged a lot more for internal flights than locals?

Comments

Yeah. Tried cheating myself - but got caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how did you try to get away with it?.... i'm sure if they saw my pastey skin they would know straight away :)

Well basically, Europeans can't book on Gol website (Brazils low cost airline) unless you go through the Argentinean part of the site.

As for Argentinean airlines, they are more expensive for people from outside of Argentina anyway. That's just the rule. I tried messing around to see if I could book it anyway (searching through terms looking for loopholes etc) but no joy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

there is a two-tiered system in a lot of countries i.e. one price for locals and one for tourists.
    must countries openly display these price differences on notice boards when you go to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

worse thing is even if you live in those countries you pay foreigner prices!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement