Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator bullying due to personal issues.

Options
  • 30-01-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I've been banned by Oscar

He threatened my freedom of speech on boards, due to different of opinion. I was like fair enough, so I asked him on PM. about it.

I got banned. He seems to have a temper. As that's my initial reaction now. I can post the email if so wished.
    His issue was that "he" doesnt agreee with my opinion. So he claims it's conspiracy. He has not proved his case. Infact I ignored his rant on boards thread, aknowledged his threat though and just let it go for peacesake.

So I get banned.
    It's like a playground boards is becoming. Some people need to snap out of this moderator bullying. It's a free world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion's.
    I'm on many forums on Poltics. I've never had a problem with my views nor was I banned on any political forum. I understand the nature of politics. People are going to dissagree. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with people dissagreeing with me. It shouldn't be no big deal.

What can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First thing you're going to have to do is post links to the thread in question and explain how the posts surrounding your ban constitute bullying and personal issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

seamus wrote: »
    First thing you're going to have to do is post links to the thread in question and explain how the posts surrounding your ban constitute bullying and personal issues.

He banned me from the forum also...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You can log out and access the forum to get the details.

mysterious, this is your one and only warning: keep the conspiracy theories on the conspiracy theories forum.

You may ask: who says they're conspiracy theories? The answer is: I do, and on this forum I'm the NWO, and my word is final.

Don't mistake this for an invitation to discuss the subject.

I was discussing the subject.....
    I didn't make an invitation to discuss it further with him.
    Here is an attitude problem from him. He gave me a warning. I sent an email.
    Then got banned. I didnt post anything of "conspiracy" on the thread. I voiced my opinion's like anyone else on boards of what the topic was about.
    I've done my research on American politics. I'm keen on this subject. i'm not stopping you or anybody else from giving their opinions. Unless you can prove my statements are conspiracy theory or even untrue, then fire ahead
    This was my response to been accused in the very beginning. Nobody was able to claim what I actually said was conspiracy. It was only a mere matter of difference of opinion. Not many did say it was either.

Here is the email I sent.
    Dear Oscar.
    Oscar. Can you please be a little more civil.

I didn't state any conspiracy theory. If I will I keep it to Conspiracy forum. Someone else stated I did, cus of ignorance, no proof of their statement and just different of opinion of Obama.

Unless you can't state so smile.gif

As an Adult, I clearly see ignorance.

All the best.
    I don't wish to talk fantasy on politics. I like reality.

His response.
    I've banned you from the Politics forum and its subforums, because - despite a clear warning - you seem determined to post nothing but ill-founded drivel that's better suited to the Conspiracy Theories forum.

Again I ask, what is the matter, which was the reason I sent my email. This is not acceptable.

The thread been discussed was based on your views of Obama...
    President Obama's Speech - what did it do for you? (multipage.gif1 2 3 4)

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Can you please link me to the thread?
    I need to read it for context.
    Thanks

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can you please link me to the thread?
    I need to read it for context.
    Thanks
    Hi Beruthiel the link is just above ^^

Yep, I've read it, and all you posted were conspiracy theories.

The general rule around here is that the onus of proof is on you. That's quite standard in all discussions.

It's not up to everyone else to disprove your opinions, it's up to you to provide evidence or *something* to back your opinions up.

Conspiracy theories add nothing to a debate unless you can provide some compelling evidence to back them up.

There is a forum for posting theories about conspiracies, where evidence of such is in short supply. It's called the conspiracy theories forum.

seamus wrote: »
    Yep, I've read it, and all you posted were conspiracy theories.

The general rule around here is that the onus of proof is on you. That's quite standard in all discussions.

It's not up to everyone else to disprove your opinions, it's up to you to provide evidence or *something* to back your opinions up.

Conspiracy theories add nothing to a debate unless you can provide some compelling evidence to back them up.

There is a forum for posting theories about conspiracies, where evidence of such is in short supply. It's called the conspiracy theories forum.

Well I was in the process of replying to Nodin,
    With about 4 website links to articles.
    A video link.
    But the ban was instant. and due to my email when sent immeadiately.
    Then ban is a bit harsh.

So if my opinion is conspiracy theory. Then what does it mean when the other's state their opinon. Not many backed up thier views or gave a real view. Nobody actually disproved my opinion's either.

The problem here is that if any of your articles or the video mentions a "New World Order" or talks about people controlling all of the world's governments behind the scenes, then it's going to be a conspiracy theory, and it belongs in that forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

mysterious wrote: »
    A video link.
    Can you please post the video link here.

Gordon wrote: »
    Can you please post the video link here.

The video's I posted, are for politics. and it's about politics.

I was banned inapropriately cus Oscar behaved in a temper. I didnt post any conspiracy theory after his warning. I left it as that. This is mod banning for personal issues more so. I know how I come across when I type. Some mods don't like my forward manner on my strong view's well thats just tough. I get on pretty well in other forums. Somehow there is far to much ignorance yet to be dealt with on boards. Is getting absurd on boards. Everyday people are posting such issues where moderators are bullying other member's IT HAS GOT TO STOP. I'm on bigger forum's many are of which politic's, and it's just doesn't get out of hand like this. Moderators do not play the power trip. :) The view's i've stated are not all conspiracy. I feel and other's can feel the respect going around in other forum's. I don't see it here often enough. And that is sad. It will have to take as many people like me who is aware to state it so on here. for the needed rapid change.

I actually was in the process of posting a two page paragraph and 7 websire links, and a video. It was gone, as oscar had a trantrum immeadiately when I asked him up straight with the issue VIA PM.

He has an attitude and power trip problem in his intial warning, "i.e cus i said so nonsense and so their motto". I can take a warning. I'm not a kid. He didn't need to ban me pernamently. He didnt need to behave in an arrogant manner. If he moderates poliics. He should learn how to behave and take other's peoples views as their opinion. Not take it personal. Otherwise he should not be moderating politics.

I'm telling every single moderator on boards. to sort it out. Ive got pms already stating they have had the same issue with the same mod. As in history I've seen it also. It's not just me here. It's a huge problem on boards. Some moderators have to behave like adults too.

All the best Mysterious.
    Thanks for all who helped me btw. :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I didnt post any conspiracy theory after his warning.
    Au contraire.

The video's I posted, are for politics. and it's about politics.
    If you aren't able to show your hand when the game is over then you cannot win the game unless the other player concedes.

oscarBravo wrote: »

That is not conspriacy.:pac: Nodin wanted me to back up my argument's. Which then I was banned by you straight away. :) NOthing of conspriacy other than my intial arguement of what Obama is.

Oscar you need to get your head out of your box. I was actually going to give Nodin, proof, evidence and facts in my argument.

But geee, you got in a temper and banned me.

So sort it out. Your not fit to mod politics. You don't seem to have tact nor paitence, So how the hell are you able to run politics.

P.S i got an email, from another guy saying he has the same problem with you. Is that conspriacy too?

Gordon wrote: »
    If you aren't able to show your hand when the game is over then you cannot win the game unless the other player concedes.

Well I'm dealing with ignorance.

So is this game I want to play. Then no.

Do you, yet not see the problem on boards. That is getting absurd. Moderater's behaving like kids.

I see it.

Why don't you use your brain. There is nothing conspiracy about how the media control's America.

I could tell you all the cooporation's. The news station's. The people. The escapegoats. But it seems you want me to spoonfeed you the obvious.

Look for yourself. It's in plainview.
    There is no point in telling people who don't want to see reality for themselves.
    I tell you what you need to know ;)

It's sign of the stupidity that many people like you fall into.

People of modern time's. Have forgotten alot. You have lost the ability to answer your own question's.

Genius are people who ask question's and try to find the answer's themselves. Nobody is born one. You become one. You my friend will never know. It's no good telling you. Cus you will just insult yourself and ask me more question's because you are indeed lazy to do your research and find out for yourself.

Look up power and control. How the Elite control's you and how politic's works. It might be a start. I'm giving you this tip. Because I'm just a nice guy.

All the best in your research. :)
    That is not conspriacy.
    I beg to differ.
    Oscar you need to get your head out of your box. I was actually going to give Nodin, proof, evidence and facts in my argument.

But geee, you got in a temper and banned me.
    I didn't get in a temper. I warned you not to post conspiracy theories. You posted conspiracy theories, whether you choose to accept that or not.
    So sort it out. Your not fit to mod politics. You don't seem to have tact nor paitence, So how the hell are you able to run politics.
    Just a polite piece of advice: if you're trying to convince me that you're capable of being a valuable contributor to the Politics section, you're going about it all wrong.
    P.S i got an email, from another guy saying he has the same problem with you. Is that conspriacy too?
    Technically, yes.

I beg to differ. I didn't get in a temper. I warned you not to post conspiracy theories. You posted conspiracy theories,
    Where, after your warning. I was replying to Nodin's question. Then you got into a temper and banned me. Your Email, clearly shows your behaviour. :)
    whether you choose to accept that or not.
    I don't accept your opinion as godly. frankly.
    Just a polite piece of advice:
    your attitude isn't polite.
    if you're trying to convince me that you're capable of being a valuable contributor to the Politics section, you're going about it all wrong. Technically, yes.
    And some people think your not suitable for politics either. So there is something to be said there.

Again as I asked in Pm, what was conspiracy?

The fact the media influence the American elections and turnout.
    It's you who hasn't proved anything. Your just stating your right with ignorance. In my mind, you have a delusional view of how politics appears to be.

Have you ever been to USA. I have, I have seen how the Media controls the people, or the majority over there. It isn't secretive or conspriacy.

Fox news = republican news, funded by the oil cronies. spews liies. Is that conspriacy? No all you have to do is turn it on and see the lies for yourself.

You still haven't given a shred of evidence to prove what is conspriacy?

. Technically, yes.

So if other Adults can see how you behave and carry yourself on boards as not acceptable. Then it's natural for other's to see it and if they pm each other about this awareness.

Many eyes can see how you behave, there is no conspiracy with that.

I think it's clear you have much to sort out. The only conspiracy I see here, is that you think your right no matter what and you can disrespect other people's politcal views on the board, cus you think so, and you don't even have any evidence yourself to back up. That is another problem I can see here. I'm sure if we could go back over the weeks. I'm sure we will all see how you carry on.

Unless an admin or s-mod would like me to clarify something, I think I'm done here.

• Advertisement

I think there are many people who are not happy with Oscar's nazis attitude on the politics forum.

I have gotten two emails since. I have been given permission to quote it. Since I'm not the only one who is bullied by Oscar.

The first poster I will not quote as I don't have his permission. But He emailed me since he has seen my helpdesk thread.
    I see you have started a help desk thread about OB bring rude and throwing his weight about.

There have been many other threads about him behaving similarly such as http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055376651 and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055375700 .

Unfortunately many others, including me, have decided that we can no longer engage in the politics forum due to his bullying behaviour. I reallt think I wasted my time with my complaint as it was pointless to do so in the helpdesk section due to the fact that no one else is allwed to contribute there except moderators who will invariably assume from the beginning that you are a trouble maker and look for ways to support OB.

Feel free to quote this in your helpdesk thread if you like, although my guess is that it will go the way of so many before you who have tried to bring the bullying behaviour of OB to the attention of the site, and you will probably end up treading the well worn path of deciding not to contribute there any more due to his bullying behaviour.

Now This is one of many moderators who continue to push their weight around. I'm just noting that it's getting out of hand. No offence to the decent moderators on this board. But there are some moderators who bully user's with their powers through threatening, provoking to the point that the user is powerless to defend his/her position.

I'm making it clear, Oscar needs to sort himself out. There are many people who give up on the politics forum. As he marchs around in it disrespecting other's people's political view.

All the best,
    Mysterious.

I will only post emails, whereby Ive been given permission to quote.

Just incase it's deemed conspiracy or goes against any rules.

It's funny when you show up a moderators behaviour, you get no feedback.

But they can't handle my direct firm approach in not taking bullcrap on this board. Ie. If there is messing going on I see it. I make awarness, I should have the authority as an adult to stand up for myself. Moderators like to twist certain rules, to give people they don't like infractions, or warning's. By provoking users to the extent where they have to fight back. The mod comes and banns them. Thank to the idiotic rule. created by boards.ie.............................

There are alot of immature moderators on this board. It's quite absurd. Some of the rules created by boards are also hypocritical:rolleyes:

Is there anyone that can make boards a little more sane and user friendly. Moderators need to get off their greek god attitude.

Technically, yes.

Well Oscar I've proved you wrong by facts.

Go on tell me it's conspiracy now?

You have gotten feedback mysterious.
    It may not be to your satisfaction, but it was looked into and none of us here see anything other than oscarBravo doing the job that's expected of him.

None of us have a greek god attitude, with the exception of Gordon perhaps, cos he lived there for a year or two and he probably did pick up some bad habits along the way.

That is not conspriacy.:pac: Nodin wanted me to back up my argument's. Which then I was banned by you straight away. :) NOthing of conspriacy other than my intial arguement of what Obama is.

It doesn't look like it to me.
    I tell you what you need to know ;)

It's sign of the stupidity that many people like you fall into.

People of modern time's. Have forgotten alot. You have lost the ability to answer your own question's.

Genius are people who ask question's and try to find the answer's themselves. Nobody is born one. You become one. You my friend will never know. It's no good telling you. Cus you will just insult yourself and ask me more question's because you are indeed lazy to do your research and find out for yourself.

Look up power and control. How the Elite control's you and how politic's works. It might be a start. I'm giving you this tip. Because I'm just a nice guy.

All the best in your research. :)
    I'll highlight the reasoning why I think this:
    You my friend will never know. It's no good telling you.
    All the best in your research.
    You ended this final post in a call to Nodin to research for himself, this was after Nodin requested you to backup your argument. At no point did you show any interest in providing links or evidence. If all you are going to do is tell people to research properly and that you aren't going to give anyone the proof of your pudding then it makes for little discussion and just adds noise to the signal.

I'm not quite a Greek God, I'm much better looking.

Advertisement