Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish collection

Options
  • 30-01-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Just moved into Tyrellstown and after years of living in apartment blocks I have no idea how to go about sorting out bin collection, there is a black and green bin in the back garden at the moment. The black bin looks to be belonged to fingal cc and I'm not sure about the green one.
    Anyone know how I would go about getting collections sorted? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Asok wrote: »
    Hi folks, Just moved into Tyrellstown and after years of living in apartment blocks I have no idea how to go about sorting out bin collection, there is a black and green bin in the back garden at the moment. The black bin looks to be belonged to fingal cc and I'm not sure about the green one.
    Anyone know how I would go about getting collections sorted? :o

Welcome to the 'Hood.

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/green_bin.html

Greyhound are the new green bin collectors for the area and just did a collection today, get on to them and they will send you out a calendar or
    else you can check here http://www.greenbin.ie/component/calendar/

The black bin is indeed fingal and you will need a big tag on it for it to be collected.
    And ask them about getting a brown bin for your organics and composting.
    Fingal Co Council
    Environment - 890 6260
    Black Bin Collection - 890 5473
    Black Bin Ordering & Registration - 890 5473
    Waste Charges - 890 6255
    Bin Waiver - 890 6778
    Stolen Black Bin - 890 5376
    Compost Bin - 890 6286
    Brown Bin - 890 6753
    Green Bin - 1890 342 342 / http://www.greenbin.ie/
    Litter Line - 1800 201093
    Illegal Dumping - 890 6289
    Bulky Waste Collection - 890 6799
    Commercial Waste - 890 6292

Environmental Awareness Team
    Patricia Kennedy 890 6286 / patricia.kennedy@fingalcoco.ie
    Edwina Dunford 890 6768 / edwina.dunford@fingalcoco.ie
    Ciara Finnegan 890 6251 / ciara.finnegan@fingalcoco.ie

All refuse/bin related queries can be emailed to - envserv@finalcoco.ie

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Excellent, now we get to use the Boards credit card at the next forum beers. :D Welcome to D15 Asok.

Without wishing to state the obvious, but you could do what I did when I moved to the area - ask the next door neighbours when the collections are. It was a good way of introducing myself and I also found out where I could buy bin tags from them (€8 each, btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Thanks for all the helpful info guys! I looked around and I do have a brown bin too, For the green bin collections is there any payments to be made or do you just leave it out?
    Whats the story with the brown bin is that to be tagged too? or do I just need to get a tag for the black bin? (Can you get year long tags or is it a pay per lift job?)

Asok wrote: »
    Thanks for all the helpful info guys! I looked around and I do have a brown bin too, For the green bin collections is there any payments to be made or do you just leave it out?
    Whats the story with the brown bin is that to be tagged too? or do I just need to get a tag for the black bin? (Can you get year long tags or is it a pay per lift job?)

You don't need a tag for the brown or green bin you leave them out.
    The brown bin is organics and the green the recyclibles with is odd but /shrug.
    The tags are pay per lift, it can be handy to buy a few of them and use them when you need them,
    we only put out the black bin every 4/6 weeks.

Are there big stickers on the bins with the address on them ?
    They have to be in place or else they won't be lifted and there is yearly flat standard charge
    and the tags for the black bin are on top of that.

I know screwy but that's how fingal do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thaedydal wrote: »

Are there big stickers on the bins with the address on them ?
    They have to be in place or else they won't be lifted and there is yearly flat standard charge
    and the tags for the black bin are on top of that.

I know screwy but that's how fingal do it.

Stickers - What stickers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

deswalsh wrote: »
    Stickers - What stickers?

You get a sticker for each of your bins when you pay your annual fee.

Enii wrote: »
    You get a sticker for each of your bins when you pay your annual fee.

Or part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anyone know when the Brown Bin is collected in Tyrrelstown? My previous tenants left it half full of food and I have no idea what day its collected or when it was introduced (ie is it still free?) as it wasnt inplace when I lived in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Your previous tennants should have received a calendar for this year outlining the different days for different bins but I take it that's no longer around so check Fingals website. It all depends where in Tyrrelstown you are as there's different collection days for different streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

If i bought my own bins,Would i still be charged say 200e for collection?
    Cos i seen a few sites where you can buy all waste bins for 90e.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think you would - you're being charged for having the bins lifted, not for the bins themselves

Advertisement