Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airbrush problem

Options
  • 30-01-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am new to airbrushing so forgive my stupidity.

I have just bought an Aztek A2203 airbrush and a Revell can of propellant.

I connect the can to the airbrush connector but I get no propellant coming through the airbrush. I have connected it tightly and the propellant can is full. The airbrush connects to a hose and then there is an adapter at the end of the hose which screws onto the can.

It has not worked at all for me, today is my first time trying it (I am totally new to this). The airbrush has not been tested or used before, it is new out of the box.

The airbrush is single action, here is a link to the type I have.
    Testors » Airbrushes » Airbrushes » Broad Stroke EZ Airbrush Set

I am trying to connect to a 400ml Revell propellant can.

I am reaching the conclusion that the AZtek airbrush won't work with the Revell can, even thought the can says it works with all types of small small airbrushes.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

ma.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

been years and years since i used a can with spraygun but from what i remember on the bit that connects to the can there was a brass screw.if you turn it it goes down and releases the air.also the can had to be put in a bucket of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

bugsntinas has hit the nail on the head on the adaptor there is a screw, think of it like using a can of spray paint hold down the trigger paint comes out. Turn this screw down air comes out. But to add to bugsntinas the bucket of water thing make sure its warm water. Compressed air when released will cool the can dramatically, you want to keep the can warm to keep a consistent air flow. This is why I would never use the cans, look at reply to your other thread. Just to say your air source doesnt matter when it comes to what airbrush you use once the connectors are correct.

Honestly cans are just not worth it but I realise you are only starting out.

Advertisement