Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small leak at valve into rad

Options
  • 30-01-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions. I was forced to take a rad off the wall as it was about to fall off ( bad mountings into plasterboard).

While taking it down I slightly damaged the join of the copper pipe into the valve. It is a very slow leak and I don't think it leaks while the system is off.

Is their something i can paste into the joint to seal it as I really don't want to have to drain down the system and get a plumber in to redo the join properly?

system is gravity fed.

Tks,
    Owen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Try loosening the nut a half turn and tightening it up again. Do it a few times. It might bed in.
    Usually anything put on the outside of a pipe will not seal it.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

is it wher the silver nut is on valve ?
    you could loosen the nut and wrap plumbers tape around it , then tighten it up , thats what i do or a paste call boss white .

Advertisement