Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten Reissue/Remaster by Pearl Jam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tom65 wrote: »
    I always disliked how Ten sounded. I loved the songs, but never listened to the album because to me it sounded like Bon Jovi or some massive stadium rock. I love the new mix of Once, but what's really blown me away is the 'new' Porch, which can be found here. It sounds much, much harder than the original.

Really looking forward to getting the super-duper deluxe boxset, though knowing 10C it'll be May by the time it's delivered.

Wow, the sound of that is amazing. It will actually be able to withstand the criticism thats bound to come its way for re-mastering a great album. Am very tempted to get the main set of this now...sounds deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Thanks a lot Tom for that link, Porch sounds amazing!
    It was prob my fave track on the album and theyve really done it justice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    Wow, the sound of that is amazing. It will actually be able to withstand the criticism thats bound to come its way for re-mastering a great album. Am very tempted to get the main set of this now...sounds deadly.

Wow that is good. Nice to see some new Pearl Jam!:D

Wow that is good. Nice to see some new Pearl Jam!:D

Hahaha:(

Hahaha:(

Don't worry Mushy theres a proper new album this year, prob in the late summer :D

Until then the new Ten will have to make do ;)

• Advertisement

Don't worry Mushy theres a proper new album this year, prob in the late summer :D

Until then the new Ten will have to make do ;)

Seems very similar to QotSA...remastering first album, new album out sometime then, although prob not till next year for Queens.

Ah now I look forward to seeing PJ again. Tis wonderful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Sexy update: the remastered version leaked. It sounds utterly brilliant. They've actually managed to make Eddie sound angrier. I am very, very pleased.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Sexy update: the remastered version leaked. It sounds utterly brilliant. They've actually managed to make Eddie sound angrier. I am very, very pleased.

I'm very happy to hear that! Counting down the days til the 24th now! :D

Gonna listen it to the legal route tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm very happy to hear that! Counting down the days til the 24th now! :D

Gonna listen it to the legal route tho ;)

I normally go the legal route, but I won't get the album until June (Ten Club deliver to Dublin, I'm in Stockholm), I figure it was okay for me to sneak a peek.

I'm also gonna wait till at least he 24th before listening. Will I buy it? Only want the super-deluxe edition, but don't feel like spending 120e at this moment in time.

• Advertisement

I'm also gonna wait till at least he 24th before listening. Will I buy it? Only want the super-deluxe edition, but don't feel like spending 120e at this moment in time.

Yeah I'm the same, I'm only gonna be able to afford the CD version, cant even afford to splash out on the DVD! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I'm a pearl jam fan but I have to say at this point in time the pricing is frankly disgusting for basically old output. Ok ten does need remastering no doubt but how can they justify those types of prices.

I thought much more of them.

I'm a pearl jam fan but I have to say at this point in time the pricing is frankly disgusting for basically old output. Ok ten does need remastering no doubt but how can they justify those types of prices.

I thought much more of them.

Well in fairness, you can get the 2 cds for the same price as an album, which is good value IMO.

Granted tho, it shouldn't be 20 euro more for the Unplugged DVD and like 100 more for the Super Deluxe but what ya gonna do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Why are people saying it is out on the 24th?

It has a 23rd March release date for the UK and a 20th March release date for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Much as i like this album, i ain't forking out that much for it. Brendan O'Brien's work isn't worth that much.

It'll drop over time, then i'll snag it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Well in fairness, you can get the 2 cds for the same price as an album, which is good value IMO.

Granted tho, it shouldn't be 20 euro more for the Unplugged DVD and like 100 more for the Super Deluxe but what ya gonna do!

Yeah the 2cd's isn't too bad I guess. I always thought they were less willing to overcharge thir fans after the ticketmaster and live cd's thing they did a few years back. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in them.

Its actually pricing like this that makes people download illegally

Yeah the 2cd's isn't too bad I guess. I always thought they were less willing to overcharge thir fans after the ticketmaster and live cd's thing they did a few years back. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in them.

Its actually pricing like this that makes people download illegally

In fairness it is not overpriced. Amazon for example are selling the two cd version for £10.98 which works out less than the price of the average double album. I think most of the price hiking being quoted is down to retailers on our shores adding their cut and then some.

So what are all the options for this? All i seem to know about is the Super-deluxe option, as I stare longinly wanting it so badly.

Wow I'm delighted its coming out here before America! :D

THE FOUR EDITIONS OF TEN: ALBUM EXTRAS PER PACKAGE

Legacy Edition (2-disc set in mini-LP style slipcase):
    Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
    Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
    Re-designed packaging

Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):
    Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
    DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

Vinyl Collection (2-LP set)
    LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
    LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):
    DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix
    LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
    LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien
    LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)
    Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"
    Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

The Legacy should be selling for 15 euro, with the Deluxe going for 30ish, not sure bout the LP edition and the Super Deluxe is around 120 euro
    Here's the CDwow prices - http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/List/hitlist/2813

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

There's a free download of Once (I think it's the live one) on the Nokia Music Store today. Just got a newsletter about it...

http://music.nokia.ie

• Advertisement

The Legacy should be selling for 15 euro, with the Deluxe going for 30ish, not sure bout the LP edition and the Super Deluxe is around 120 euro
    Here's the CDwow prices - http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/List/hitlist/2813

30 euroish for 2 cd's and a dvd isn't too bad considering what you're getting for it. I'll probably snag that in a while, but anything after that is just taking the piss, price wise.

That and the fact that i really don't need more vinyl gathering dust in my place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Wow I need this

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Much as i like this album, i ain't forking out that much for it. Brendan O'Brien's work isn't worth that much.

It'll drop over time, then i'll snag it. :)

The two cd version with the remastered album and the remixed album with extra tracks is hardly expensive at £10.98 online and at €15 in shops on Friday

Kess73 wrote: »
    The two cd version with the remastered album and the remixed album with extra tracks is hardly expensive at £10.98 online and at €15 in shops on Friday

I was referring more to the super duper delux half of which nobody will use other than to gather dust version ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Are we definitely getting it early? Why is this the case?

Anyway 20th or 24th, either way I can't wait!

Creature wrote: »
    Are we definitely getting it early? Why is this the case?

Anyway 20th or 24th, either way I can't wait!

Yeah albums come out here on the Friday before release date, so the 20th is ours. Think I'll go for the Deluxe edition then...not missing that most certainly!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I was referring more to the super duper delux half of which nobody will use other than to gather dust version ;)

A bit like Super Hunter then. ;)

Kess73 wrote: »
    A bit like Super Hunter then. ;)

Don't start that crap in here just cos ya know I can't ban you! ;)
    (for the mod's, The SuperHunter thing is a Pro Wrestling reference)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Bear in mind Pj are now an INDEPENDENT band..so a lot more touring is likely and sadly having to milk the fanbase a bit...the superdelux looks ****in amazin tho lads..seriously..

1010-SDx.jpg

• Advertisement

Bear in mind Pj are now an INDEPENDENT band..so a lot more touring is likely and sadly having to milk the fanbase a bit...the superdelux looks ****in amazin tho lads..seriously..

1010-SDx.jpg

It does, but it's too expensive for what ultimately will become glorified ornaments.

Advertisement