Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten Reissue/Remaster by Pearl Jam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So whats it like people? I've to wait just under 24 hours till I get my copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Hey I have it in my bag now, in college atm so I'm gonna rush home and let ya know in a bit! ;):D

If ya wanna know the prices, in HMV anyway its 16 for the cd and 30 for the CD and Unplugged DVD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It sounds great. Much fresher, especially through a good sound system. Don't be expecting any radical changes, but if you play some of the old cd and then the same tracks from this, then the difference in quality is clear.

Picked it and the new Joe Bonamassa album up this morning and poor Joe has not gotten a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hey I have it in my bag now, in college atm so I'm gonna rush home and let ya know in a bit! ;):D

If ya wanna know the prices, in HMV anyway its 16 for the cd and 30 for the CD and Unplugged DVD :)

Cheers for the info. I might bag the CD/DVD version over the weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cheers for that. Def getting double cd/unplugged version. In town early tomorrow for it, altho won't be able to listen to it for ages after that. Seems like it'll be decent though, well worth the wait.

• Advertisement

I'm just after listening to up to Alive atm and I'm really loving it! Like for example during the Even Flow solo, Eddie's voice is a lot more distinctive and it sounds great. Also, the solo in Alive hasn't changed much but the guitar is louder or something, fair play to Brendan O Brien tho for not wrecking my favourite album(so far anyway!) :D

I'l review it fully when I'm after a few listens! :)

I've a feeling the remaster of Alive was actually used in the Rock Band 2 video game as well prior to this launch (maybe a subtle way to promote it), because it does sound a lot clearer than the original album version.

I could be wrong on that too. But it's food for thought.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I've a feeling the remaster of Alive was actually used in the Rock Band 2 video game as well prior to this launch (maybe a subtle way to promote it), because it does sound a lot clearer than the original album version.

I could be wrong on that too. But it's food for thought.

Ya listening to it on Youtube, I think you're prob right, the guy on it keeps on ****ing up so I can't tell for sure! :pac:

The more I listen to the remix, the more I wonder what Rick Parashar got paid for, its friggin ridiculous!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Bastards with UPS charging me 44 euro extra for tax, making it a lot more expensive to buy the Super Deluxe edition from the 10C than buying it in store!!
    Now im really hoping to get one of the signed ones!

Cant collect it until monday so hopefully the problem is resolved over the weekend as stated in the email from UPS and 10C.
    Anyone else order from 10C?

Bastards with UPS charging me 44 euro extra for tax, making it a lot more expensive to buy the Super Deluxe edition from the 10C than buying it in store!!

Cant collect it until monday so hopefully the problem is resolved over the weekend as stated in the email from UPS and 10C.

No I didn't but thats a ****ing discgrace :eek: it has to be remembered tho that it is totally UPS's fault and nothing to do with 10C. I know over in the 10C forums, they're friggin raving about it :mad:

Sorry to hear it anyway, I hope it does come Monday anyway and twil defo be worth the wait! :D

• Advertisement

No I didn't but thats a ****ing discgrace :eek: it has to be remembered tho that it is totally UPS's fault and nothing to do with 10C. I know over in the 10C forums, they're friggin raving about it :mad:

Sorry to hear it anyway, I hope it does come Monday anyway and twil defo be worth the wait! :D

Pretty sure it's not entirely down to UPS either, they have to comply with their country's tax laws. I know you can get small bits and bobs from the US, but if it goes over a certain value, then you get stung unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very impressed with the Remastering job despite there being too much reverb in places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Mail Tenclub straight away. Theyve posted saying the're looking into it, so presumably you'll get refunded.

So what dya think of the remix dimejinky? I know you're as equally fanatical about PJ as myself! :pac:

Every song is noticeable, and it changes it a lot, but not enough to completely alter the album. Like in Porch, the guitar is a lot more distinctive, and throughout the album, Eddies voice is unbelievably clear, its savage! Black is especially noticeable for this, and I swear to God I heard stuff that was barely noticeable before!

Also, in Why Go, the new bit before the first chorus is savage, it goes all distortion-ary, tis mighty cool.

Possibly the only bits I don't like is the solo on Why Go, thought twas better on the old one, and Oceans, I prob preferred in the original when Eddies voice gets all faded or something in the chorus. Besides these few gripes tho I would defo recommend it and twas money well spent in my humble opinion! ;)

Also, the added bonus songs are a bit hit and miss. I'm growing to like Just a Girl, I've already listend to Brother and I absolutely love it. The new(or old should i say!) versions of Breath and State of Love and Trust are a lot slower than their released versions but I think they're the better for it. 2000 Mile Blues is only ok, and Evil Goat is just a piss take tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Despite compaining about the price I relented and decided to look for the best deal on the super deluxe edition and I found surprisingly ASDA selling what they call ten collectors edition.:confused:

Now I am presuming (hoping) that this is the super deluxe edition as its rrp£122 and they are selling for £89-quite a deal.

I really hope its the one I want cos after having a few yesterday I went ahead and ordered it.Being ASDA there won't be a problem returning it.

heres the link
    http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/10028517.product

oh yeah free delivery
    Do you agree this is the super deluxe it couldn't be any other version could it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

Not sure if I will get this although it would be nice to hear the extra tracks. looking forward to the new album in the summer. it's the new material that keeps it interesting.

Despite compaining about the price I relented and decided to look for the best deal on the super deluxe edition and I found surprisingly ASDA selling what they call ten collectors edition.:confused:

Now I am presuming (hoping) that this is the super deluxe edition as its rrp£122 and they are selling for £89-quite a deal.

I really hope its the one I want cos after having a few yesterday I went ahead and ordered it.Being ASDA there won't be a problem returning it.

heres the link
    http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/10028517.product

oh yeah free delivery
    Do you agree this is the super deluxe it couldn't be any other version could it??

Hmm well Asda are fairly reputable so I'd say you're grand! Tho I doubt it has the chance of being signed by the band tho

Ya, some of the guys are really getting f'ed in the a over on the pit, certain countries have higher import tax or whatever it is. I got the email friday but still gonna pay the €44, maybe ill get something sorted through 10C down the line, they are good at looking after customers most of the time, including sorting me out with some free bootlegs that aren't available anymore!!

Gotta see of i can locate our old record player, has been out of action for years, or find a new one! Still havent listened to any of my xmas singles or ITW yet.

Did anyone buy the 10C competion winner t shirt with the free 7" yet? Not the greatest t-shirt but thought for the sake of it with the 7", why not!

I don't hear a difference between the two versions? :confused:

I don't hear a difference between the two versions? :confused:

Are ya sure its the remix and not the remastered version??! :confused:

• Advertisement

Are ya sure its the remix and not the remastered version??! :confused:

Yeah, I listened to both CD's back to back, and couldn't tell the difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah, I listened to both CD's back to back, and couldn't tell the difference!

Listen to Jeremy using both cds. Just the first 20 seconds or so of the track on both, and then say you cannot hear a difference/slight change in the sound

Kess73 wrote: »
    Listen to Jeremy using both cds. Just the first 20 seconds or so of the track on both, and then say you cannot hear a difference/slight change in the sound

Also, the solo in Even Flow, the clearer guitar in Alive, the drums at the start of Why Go, the piano in Black, the end of Jeremy, the vocals on Oceans, the louder guitar in Porch. I thought it's changed quite a lot! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

To me it just sounds much cleaner with Ed's vocals lifted quite a lot (the open to Garden would be an example).

I don't think I prefer it.....but it got me listening to the record start to finish for the first time in a while!!!

I will admit that it was quite late, and it was down low not to wake up the better half, so i will give it another shot tomorrow.

But fairly unimpressed so far... but the jury is still out. :)

I will admit that it was quite late, and it was down low not to wake up the better half, so i will give it another shot tomorrow.

But fairly unimpressed so far... but the jury is still out. :)

Yeah give it a bash with a good pair of earphones! I was the same when i listened to it on my tv via my Xbox but when i put in the earphones, the difference was fairly noticeable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Its not really UPS's fault either its a tax that their obliged to levy by the govt. before they can release the items from the wharehouse. They log with customs whats coming in and the taxes are levied at which point they contact the importer and inform them. UPS can then pay the taxes for you and deliver.

It sucks but if you want to blame someone it's the govt.'s fault.

arrived at work this morning, so have redux playing away! Great set, now just to root out a record player! Had heard all the tracks already but you can still notice the difference on the ****ty work speakers. Have to say, i prefer the other version of Just A Girl though, apart from that, excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Its not really UPS's fault either its a tax that their obliged to levy by the govt. before they can release the items from the wharehouse. They log with customs whats coming in and the taxes are levied at which point they contact the importer and inform them. UPS can then pay the taxes for you and deliver.

It sucks but if you want to blame someone it's the govt.'s fault.

I thought the issue wasn't the VAT itself, but rather that 10C didn't make it clear that this wasn't paid, and then there were the UPS fees (half of the €44), which should've been paid by 10C. I'm open to correction on this though.

I ordered two (one is a present for someone). Ended up paying €90 extra :eek:

Still, I won't be home until Wednesday, so I haven't gotten a chance to go through it yet. There is a very noticeable difference in the two mixes on any half decent set of headphones, though admittedly when I play it through my ****ty laptop speakers I could barely tell the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Spent a large portion of the weekend listening to it and I'm impressed. While I didn't exactly expect it to sound much different it does sound a lot more polished and cleaned up and some songs, Garden, Why Go and Porch sound far superior to the originals.

Also the Unplugged show is excellent. I had listened to poor quality mp3s before but never seen proper footage. Great performance by the lads.

Advertisement