Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten Reissue/Remaster by Pearl Jam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

lads..ye just HAFTA hear the Drop in the Park gig that comes with the box set..i have never heard them play so well or so hard from any of the 92 stuff i have..anyone know where i could upload it so people can get it?

Man if you liked that you should check out some of the other bootlegs from that era. Especially the recording they did for a radio station in Atlanta Georgia in 1994. It was properly professionally recorded so the sound quality is awesome and the band is on top form, they go through pretty much all of the songs from Ten and Vs, as well as one or two from Vitalogy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I don't see them touring Europe till after the release of the next album, otherwise it'd be the third time touring the Avocado album.

I think it would be a crime to miss them play the west coast, namely in the Washington area :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Creature wrote: »
    Man if you liked that you should check out some of the other bootlegs from that era. Especially the recording they did for a radio station in Atlanta Georgia in 1994. It was properly professionally recorded so the sound quality is awesome and the band is on top form, they go through pretty much all of the songs from Ten and Vs, as well as one or two from Vitalogy.

Although not the same sound quality, St. Petersburg from 29/3/94 is also another phenominal show, and not forgetting the orpheum theatre 12/4.

Whats the story with http://www.pearljam.com? Is it down or is it just me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jenizzle wrote: »
    Whats the story with http://www.pearljam.com? Is it down or is it just me?!

down according to here http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

• Advertisement

Probably to do with the upgrading of the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Creature wrote: »

Man, i'm a fan since 92..i'm all over the bootlegs don't you worry ;)

got boxes and boxes of tapes..moving it slowly to iPod...

The 96 radio broadcast from Berlin beats the **** out of Atlanta by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

I received my **signed** copy of the Super Deluxe Edition today! Not sure if anyone on boards is a member of the 10c or posts on pearljam.com, but I am definitely the only person in Ireland to get a signed copy! (Was told that by the 10C) They wouldn't tell me how many people worldwide got one, but by all accounts it was a very small number :D

Some very quick pics here - I had to come to work tonight, but I will get some more detailed pics tomorrow if anyone is interested...

Was it you?? congratulations man!! that's brillaint!!

Manaris wrote: »
    I received my **signed** copy of the Super Deluxe Edition today! Not sure if anyone on boards is a member of the 10c or posts on pearljam.com, but I am definitely the only person in Ireland to get a signed copy! (Was told that by the 10C) They wouldn't tell me how many people worldwide got one, but by all accounts it was a very small number :D

Some very quick pics here - I had to come to work tonight, but I will get some more detailed pics tomorrow if anyone is interested...
    You lucky sob! Did you just get it recently? (seems to me that all the signed ones arrived a bit later) As for how many have been signed, Stone said around 40ish, and by all accounts there aren't reports of many more than that number so you're definately part of an elite group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Aw dude well ****ing done!!! :eek: They're as rare as gold dust like! Bet you're glad you invested that 100 quid now?! :D

You lucky sob! Did you just get it recently? (seems to me that all the signed ones arrived a bit later) As for how many have been signed, Stone said around 40ish, and by all accounts there aren't reports of many more than that number so you're definately part of an elite group!

I just got it today - I got a shipping notice from UPS on 16th March, but the package never got picked up in Seattle.. After a few days I emailed 10C and was told that "certain packages have been delayed"... I started getting excited then, but didn't want to get my hopes up... then got an email last Friday to tell me that I had got a signed copy.
    It wasn't meant to be delivered until Monday (I have been checking the tracking page every five minutes!).... I was working nights last night, had only been in bed for about two hours when the doorbell woke me up...got out of bed cursing whoever was at the door, looked out the window and saw the UPS truck.... I had a t-shirt on and was down the stairs about three seconds later! Unfortunately, I'm in work tonight too, so I only got about an hour to admire it... Tomorrow I'll get to go through it properly....
    Aw dude well ****ing done!!! eek.gif They're as rare as gold dust like! Bet you're glad you invested that 100 quid now?! biggrin.gif

I ordered it the day it was announced... didn't even know there was a chance of a signed copy until a few weeks later... Would have bought it one way or the other, but yeah, it's kind of cool that it's signed :D

Tomorrow I'll get to go through it properly....

You are not going to be dissapointed! :D

You are not going to be dissapointed! :D

I don't doubt it for a second, my heart was racing just opening the box :D I purposely haven't listened to any of the remix'd versions - I wanted to hear them for the first time when I got the set... I'll be spinning that particular black circle tomorrow, of that I have no doubt!
    God help my wife - I'm obsessed enough about PJ as it is, this has driven me over the edge completely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I have to drag this thread back up again as I only got my Deluxe Edition the weekend and habe just listened to Brendan O'Briens Remix, the Redux version. I absolutely love it, every song sounds better in my opionion, alot less muggy if you will, Black gave me goose pimples listening to it. Was reading an interview with some of the band and they were asked why get Brendan O'Brien in to remix the albums, apparently the band, even at the time, weren't overly happy with the production and always wanted it done, even it was just for personal use. So it's not a sell out or cashcow as some have suggested here.

Looking forward to the 5.1 DVD, I have recording of their unplugged set from MTV when it was originally aired, it's well worn out at this stage, not that I have a video player to watch it anyway.

Nice one :) Had a good gawk at your '06 pics too - that was my first PJ show, brought back some nice memories!

A few shows after been annonced, fan club tix available now for europeans. Got GA tix for Manchester and London, perfect way to spend my birthday!!

I'll be in Berlin and London - trying to work out the logistics of Manchester too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

No job, no money, but I have tickets to Berlin, Manchester, and London.

This is both great, and terrible.

I got tickets for Manchester too now. I've no idea how to get from Berlin to Manchester, there doesn't seem to be any direct flights! Grr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Me and a Buddy are going to try and get tickets to the London and Manchester shows. Think the tickets ill go fast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

i really wanna go to one of the shows, but i don't think i'm gonna be able to drag anyone with me!!!

:(

Tom65 wrote: »
    No job, no money, but I have tickets to Berlin, Manchester, and London.

This is both great, and terrible.

Ditto!
    no job money & no sign of eith but somehow i'm going to all four!
    good times!!

theyre coming back for a fullscale european tour in autumn/winter :)

Ditto!
    no job money & no sign of eith but somehow i'm going to all four!
    good times!!

theyre coming back for a fullscale european tour in autumn/winter :)

For the sake of my finances (and Bank of Ireland's), I hope that's not true :p

Tom65 wrote: »
    For the sake of my finances (and Bank of Ireland's), I hope that's not true :p

Well, it looks like your finances will take a hit! On the press release it says there will be a tour after the release of the album!!

Omg great ****ing news! Right a few things:

- I'm in France for the summer, but coming back in late August, dya think it would be worth it coming back for the English gigs?!
    - Do I have to be a 10 Club member to buy pre-sale tickets? I have an account on the website like but when I try to order the tickets it just says it must be ordered seperately :confused:
    - Should I save my money for if/when they come back to Ireland in the Winter. I'm just worried that if they don't I'll rue not going this August! :o

Cheese-you hafta buy one set at a time! as in order say, manchester, do the whole check out thing then go back in and buy london..you could buy all four earlier but it changed weirdly during the day..

also!! this is for all of you!! once youve bought the tickets from 10c, go into your order history and click on each gig, one at a time, and theres a button on your comp up over the return/enter button that says print screen! hit it and open paint on your comp and hit paste and the screenshot will appear! save it as an image to your desktop and keep it handy

i'm not sayin 10c will lose your order but they did lose a mate of mines in 06 and it was having these print out/receipts if you like, that were the only reason my mate got the tickets he'd paid for!

good luck!!

BTW-the TM tickets are cheaper!! even after all the fees n ****! go figure!

Cheese-you hafta buy one set at a time! as in order say, manchester, do the whole check out thing then go back in and buy london..you could buy all four earlier but it changed weirdly during the day..

also!! this is for all of you!! once youve bought the tickets from 10c, go into your order history and click on each gig, one at a time, and theres a button on your comp up over the return/enter button that says print screen! hit it and open paint on your comp and hit paste and the screenshot will appear! save it as an image to your desktop and keep it handy

i'm not sayin 10c will lose your order but they did lose a mate of mines in 06 and it was having these print out/receipts if you like, that were the only reason my mate got the tickets he'd paid for!

good luck!!

BTW-the TM tickets are cheaper!! even after all the fees n ****! go figure!

Cheers for that dude! Gonna wait for payday and get me those tickets for london :D

Well, it looks like your finances will take a hit! On the press release it says there will be a tour after the release of the album!!

Ass. Missed that.

Though those gigs usually wouldn't be announced until after the current ones are over. Maybe by then I'll have money (hahahahaha...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've never been so annoyed to be in Oz all summer. I quite literally screamed in anguish when I heard bout these dates. Would have done 2 or 3 of them too:(

Advertisement