Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shatner's in Dublin

• 30-01-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

The Shatner is in Dublin, he's on Tubs tomorrow night. Anyone know if he's doing anything else. Love get my first edition of Tek War signed;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

He was on Joathan Woss last night, repeated tonight (Sat night/ Sun morn) at 01:50 on BBC1.
    Not a particularly good interview IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It was a bizarre interview to say the least, coco the monkey, ball cupping etc. Was a bit disconcerting when he started mentioning dying soon, though not "soon soon". It was definately the most interesting interview on the show. The Shat is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Its not going to well on Tubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

starn wrote: »
    Its not going to well on Tubs

Nothing ever goes well on Tubridy. The man is a terrible interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Very awkward alright. I wonder is he doing a book signing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I think he's had more than a few whiskeys ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

starn wrote: »
    Very awkward alright. I wonder is he doing a book signing

Usually book signings when promoted are for Eason's on O'Connell street, nothing on their website though and I didn't see anything on their window 2/3 days ago..

Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I saw the interview last night, and I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It was a bizarre interview to say the least, coco the monkey, ball cupping etc. Was a bit disconcerting when he started mentioning dying soon, though not "soon soon". It was definately the most interesting interview on the show. The Shat is a legend.

I thought the Jonathan Ross interview was great. Ross himself seemed to be off-form all night, but Shatner's got great comic timing which made up for it. Really funny guy.

Didn't see Tubridy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Tubridy runs a decent ship, but Shatner went of on a tangent straight away and wasted 1/3 of the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Tubridy runs a decent ship, but Shatner went of on a tangent straight away and wasted 1/3 of the interview.

Yeah, something about the British killing all our fish in the rivers!? eek.gif Very odd! biggrin.gif You could say he had a few drinks on him but he is like this in most interviews!

just trying to avoid trek talk methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

just trying to avoid trek talk methinks

Which defeats the purpose of the interview I presume? It reminds me of the old joke about interviewing Neil Armstrong and to not mention the moon! biggrin.gif It's impossible!

captain kirk is in command of all interviews:D

Advertisement