Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hypothetical Question

• 30-01-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭

Well it's not really hypothetical, cause it happened to me right now1

Anyhow i was throwing for d9 and the dart went into d12, now i wasn't sure if it was outside the wire or not so i just threw away my other 2 darts... the first dart hit the dart in d12 and knocked it out leaving me a dart at d9 again, or not:confused:

It's a strange one because if you watch it on tv and a similar situation arises, the announcer calls a "no score" straight away... now i was under the impression that only the darts in the board at the time of retrieval count, so technically could someone use a dart to try and knock a dart out of he board like i did? I realise that the chances of being able to do so would be very slim, but i think that it would be within the rules of the game.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well yeah you are right that only the darts in the board at retrieval count except in that case because when you bust your score you don't have the right to throw another dart. It is in the rule book. Good idea though, if you were allowed to do that then everyone would try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abbococo

LOL. You are going to need the Royal and Ancient to rule on that!

Honestly don't know but I would be surprised if it wasn't throw over after the first dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

I'm pretty sure they announce 'no score' as soon as you bust, not giving you the option of that crowd pleaser

Pity

Advertisement